Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Following a lot of cancellations, who should get a new title?

Honestly I can't think of any. I feel like we got a lot of solos from some interesting minor characters lately.

Wiccan would be amazing. A lot of people are sad at the lack of titles led by lgbtiq people and iceman was never, in my opinion, strong enough to maintain a solo.

Valkyrie might be fun especially following Thor ragnarok. Oh and let's see a new blade series too!

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I don't want to say more, always I'm repeating myself but I would like an Enchantress book, something new and fresh to improve and developing her more as a character with a clear direction.

Why, Valkyrie? They tried and failed with Fearless Defenders, making a Valkyrie book just to follow Thor: Ragnarok movie for a sake of it will make people upset because they would say it isn't the Valkyrie they know, something that will be repeat the formula made with a plenty of characters last years and considering that only two or three of them works more or less well (Kamala Khan, Miles Morales ...), the rest are almost forgettable until some writer let's them a try on their books.

Wiccan, if this make Sylvie Lushton return as his best female friend and ally, not romantic straight couple, I would agree to see the book with him and Hulking.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 12-21-2017 at 04:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Wiccan &Hulking?
    (Agree with Charlie on Sylvie, just not the BFF part, that goes to Kate Bishop.)

Alanna Smith on her twitter said that Hawkeye (Clint), Black Widow or Winter Soldier could have a book or appear in a book in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Wiccan would be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Wiccan, if this make Sylvie Lushton return as his best female friend and ally, not romantic straight couple, I would agree to see the book with him and Hulking.
    They should rather do a Hulkling solo. With very few Wiccan appearances
    So he would stop looking like his real name is "& Hulkling".

American Eagle: Ellis' take on the character in Thunderbolts was a nice tease. He sould get a try
    Blue Marvel: comics taking place in different eras would be nice
    Captain (The Captain): could be a nice dark humor comics. Give it to Garth Ennis.
    Elsa Bloodstone: she'll need a place after Monsters Unleashed and a book involving vampires, werewolves and other monsters could work
    Fantomex: he has been in several teams, but he should have his whole solo where they could at last clarify things about his brains, his Eva, and so on
    Galan: a comics about the science heroes of the 6th Universe
    M: once they get rid of the clusterfuck she's stuck in, she would be an entertaining main character. Going from jet set party to jet set party, having troubles with her sister (Hollow/Penance)
    Magik: with Sapna and Pixie as support characters, let's give her a life outside of Colossus and Shadowcat
    Prodigy: Let's turn him into some sort of Hero for Hire, doing various missions, using his skills as a scientist, as a ninja, as a thief...
    Sleepwalker: obscure character but such a great concept, I don't get why writers are not wanting to do something with him

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wiccan &Hulking?
    You stole my answer...

It would never happen but imagine someone like Warren Ellis on a revamped Sleepwalker book?
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Angela, with Sera. And make it queer "af," as the kids say.
    Dazzler. Give us another Dazzler book! She's awesome! Let her be an awesome mutant pop star going on tour and having weird adventures and fun! Dazzler!
    America, with a Latinx writer who actually has experience in comics already.
    Ironheart, written by a black woman.
    Lady Stilt-Man. Everyone loves a good villain book, and it's her time to shine.
    Silver Sable. I think there's real potential there.
    Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider. He deserves better than he's gotten.
    Quasar. The new Quasar's debut was treated like a big deal, but barely anything's been done with her, so why not actually do something with her?
    Silk. I just . . . I really miss her, OK? She's so great.
    Valkyrie. A book about her having adventures and getting a girlfriend. Maybe Val and another Valkyrie have crazy adventures throughout Asgard as badass warrior couple who are totally dedicated to each other, but also in an open relationship.
    White Tiger. Ava, specifically. Dark defender of her neighbourhood. Like Daredevil, but with way more badass one-liners.
    Illyana.
    Wiccan/Hulkling duo book. A sweet couple who loves and supports each other.
    Wasps. Janet and Nadia.
    Giant-Man. Raz Malhotra tries to balance superheroing with a real life. He fails spectacularly and enjoyably.
    Black Cat. Something that really explores who she is right now, and portrays her crime boss position in a complex way.
    Misty Knight. Detective comic.
    Iron Fist, but make it about historical Iron Fists. Stories ranging anywhere from one issue to an entire arc, focusing on previous wielders.

Honestly, I'm sick of having books I like get canceled. Marvel's line is in a pretty bad state overall and I think they should focus on the ongoings they still have.
    Other characters should get minis so we can get complete stories featuring them. And the minis could always turn into ongoings later on or get "renewed" for new seasons.
    New Mutants is a good example of this. As an ongoing, I don't think Rosenberg's team would do much better than Gen X, but I can definitely see them doing a series of minis. Maybe it's a model they should try more often instead of saturating the market with 60 poor selling ongoings.

• Giant-Man and Wasp (featuring Hank and Janet- retcon Nadia away and make Hank no longer Ultron)
    • Ms. Marvel (featuring Carol Danvers reclaiming that name and female appearance- Kamala Khan can get a new codename. Shes never had much to do with Carol anyway aside from becoming her child soldier arresting people without due process in Civil War II)
    • Cyclops and Phoenix (featuring a returned Scott and Jean)
    • Force Works (featuring everybody from the original roster)
    • Alpha Flight (traditional roster)
    • Sub-Mariner (featuring Namor obviously- takes place mostly in Atlantis)
    • Magneto (an antihero/antivillain book)
    • Excalibur (traditional roster)
    • Exiles (who knows- use a lot of really cool AU characters)
    • Blue Marvel (written by Kevin Grevioux of course)
    • West Coast Avengers (led by Hawkeye and Mockingbird)
    • Nick Fury: Agent if S.H.I.E.L.D. (featuring the original Nick Fury leading S.H.I.E.L.D. again)
    • Power Pack (with Franklin and Valeria guest starring frequently)
    • New Warriors (featuring the classic team)
    • Wolverine (featuring Logan)
    • X-Force (led by Logan with members from the Kyle/Yost run)
    • New Mutants (with the traditional members)
    • Incredible Hulks (featuring the Hulk family)
    • Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (featuring Spider-Man, Firestar, and Iceman- the latter two being romantically involved)
    • Journey Into Mystery (featuring Kid Loki and Leah)
    • Thor (featuring Thor, Asgardian supporting characters, and the return of classic Loki)
    • X-Factor (led by Madrox)
    • Guardians of the Galaxy (DnA team minus the synergy- written by Keith Giffen)
    • Guardians 3000 (future Guardians team)
    • Defenders (featuring the original Defenders- not Heroes for Hire)
    • Heroes for Hire (featuring Luke, Danny, Colleen, and Misty)
    Last edited by KurtW95; 12-21-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Invisible Woman - She's well overdue for a chance for one
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Considering a lot of those cancelled books were characters who were being given their very first shot at ongoings, I think Marvel should keep the thread going. Let's take some established and popular enough characters who never got to fly solo and give them a try. Most probably won't stick very long, but it doesn't mean it's not worth being published. Quality over quantity and all that.

And I've said this before in the LGBT+ Discussion Thread, but if Wiccan should ever be given a book, I think it should star Hulkling too. I understand the concern about the two of them being too defined as a couple, but I think giving just one of them a solo while the other will be nothing but the supportive boyfriend showing up every once in a while doesn't exactly help completely, because you're just improving things for one of them (and I highly doubt we would get one solo for each). So I say give them a duo book, BUT make it so both of them have individual stories. They can still have plenty of moments together while having to deal with different things in their lives too. I feel like that's the best scenario and everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Honestly, I'm sick of having books I like get canceled. Marvel's line is in a pretty bad state overall and I think they should focus on the ongoings they still have.
    Other characters should get minis so we can get complete stories featuring them. And the minis could always turn into ongoings later on or get "renewed" for new seasons.
    New Mutants is a good example of this. As an ongoing, I don't think Rosenberg's team would do much better than Gen X, but I can definitely see them doing a series of minis. Maybe it's a model they should try more often instead of saturating the market with 60 poor selling ongoings.
    I understand your point, but the thing is: books announced as minis tend to be doomed from the beginning, because a lot of readers won't give them a chance specifically because they're minis. I mean, take a look at the one-shot initiative Marvel tried recently in Legacy: people thought it was cool, and that maybe this could lead to more stories with those characters. But how did those one-shots sell in the direct market? Very poorly. How many of them will continue in any form? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to find out the asnwer is NONE. The logic behind this idea is nice, but the execution is flawed when we've been shown time and time again that readers are less likely to give a try to short stories as compared to ongoings. I think the biggest problem is that a lot of those books, mini or ongoing, are just not meant for the direct market, and as long as Marvel relies too much on it, they will keep failing. We need more effort being put into promoting those books through other platforms and markets.

A lot of characters should and could.

Personally the first names that come to my mind are Wasp, Hank Pym or both and Invisible Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    You stole my answer...

It would never happen but imagine someone like Warren Ellis on a revamped Sleepwalker book?
    I'd love to see a book called The Marvels about Mar-Vell's kids Teddy, Genis, and Phyla and don' worry Billy is welcomed to be in the book.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My preference is to cut down on books, but it also sucks when books get cancelled that people like or when creators lose their jobs writing. I don't have a good solution for this aside from cancelling duplicative books that are clearly more successful.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My preference is to cut down on books, but it also sucks when books get cancelled that people like or when creators lose their jobs writing. I don't have a good solution for this aside from cancelling duplicative books that are clearly more successful.
    Yeah. I can see that. Stop flooding the shelves and work on making good books. Nothing should be selling less than 20,000 copies.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!