Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Not that much skin! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Besides the spats, buttons and fringe that I don't care for, the newest design isn't bad.
    I think the idea on the fringes is to evoke the idea of feathers, but not make them actual feathers. This take doesn't really look like a bird-person, while being bird themed. Just look at how the wings are obviously mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think the idea on the fringes is to evoke the idea of feathers, but not make them actual feathers. This take doesn't really look like a bird-person, while being bird themed. Just look at how the wings are obviously mechanical.
    They should put some actual feathers on it, like the one-armed shirt Russell Dauterman designed for Emma Frost to wear around Krakoa.

They're a holdover from Phil's first costume but what bothers me is, swans don't have claws. I guess there has to be somewhere for blood to drip from menacingly, but I wish they relied more on her super-strength and swan song although they're harder to depict visually on a splash page.

Something I miss from the original swan is whenever she was around, Diana was suddenly in second place. People didn't listen to her or pay her the attention that she's used to and Diana seemed annoyed and a little jealous about it. Helen had an aura that endeared audiences to her and it was a secondary superpower.

They should put some actual feathers on it, like the one-armed shirt Russell Dauterman designed for Emma Frost to wear around Krakoa.

They're a holdover from Phil's first costume but what bothers me is, swans don't have claws. I guess there has to be somewhere for blood to drip from menacingly, but I wish they relied more on her super-strength and swan song although they're harder to depict visually on a splash page.

Something I miss from the original swan is whenever she was around, Diana was suddenly in second place. People didn't listen to her or pay her the attention that she's used to and Diana seemed annoyed and a little jealous about it. Helen had an aura that endeared audiences to her and it was a secondary superpower.
    That's a neat way to make a villain a non-physical threat though.

As for the claws, Silver Swan seems inspired by the Harpies and Sirens in Greek myth. Heck isn't Helen mystically empowered by Ares? Just makes sense as a Greek demi-Human "monster". But she's a very pretty one.

Vanessa is a cyborg, not much heavy inspiration needed there, just a "codename". Also she actually has limited shapeshifting? So she can change her costume as a whim? She only has claws if she wants to? Heck could she manifest a Batman disguise?

Valerie has mutation sort of powers that make her pretty and bird-themed, but aren't magic. In appearance, Valerie is just a woman with wings though.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 12-09-2023 at 12:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

A roller disco design would make her like our own evil version of Dazzler, which is why I liked her look from Wonder Woman '77.

It's similar to the original but updated with metal like Vanessa. The razor wings are cool too, impractical though they are. Diana could rip them off in under 2 seconds.
    Ha. Looks like she's ready to belt out 'More, More, More -- how do you like it?'

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Ha. Looks like she's ready to belt out 'More, More, More -- how do you like it?'
    Several versions actually DO have the singing talent.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    lol She's on stage singing, it's supposedly 1977 (hence the modified Farrah Fawcett) and "More, More, More" was released in 1976, so that's about right. It still sounds good too.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That's a neat way to make a villain a non-physical threat though.

As for the claws, Silver Swan seems inspired by the Harpies and Sirens in Greek myth. Heck isn't Helen mystically empowered by Ares? Just makes sense as a Greek demi-Human "monster". But she's a very pretty one.

Vanessa is a cyborg, not much heavy inspiration needed there, just a "codename". Also she actually has limited shapeshifting? So she can change her costume as a whim? She only has claws if she wants to? Heck could she manifest a Batman disguise?

Valerie has mutation sort of powers that make her pretty and bird-themed, but aren't magic. In appearance, Valerie is just a woman with wings though.
    When you put it that way I can't help but agree. It still looks weird to me though. She gets enough action with the razor sharp wings they stole from Archangel.

We also have the BLOODLINES Vanessa Swan design, which looks like a sleeker version of the modern design. Overall not a fan but I like how the light colors change modes...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Silver Swan and Silver Banshee should team up to take on Wonder Woman and Superman as the Silver Screamers or Aluminum Acousticanistas.

I did remember that bit about the aura, but that’s interesting.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

God, I hope that the SIlver Swan that King hinted at is NOT Nessie. I want Helen or Valerie to return simply because to me, SS will always be a blonde. lol
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 12-20-2023 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Edited because no Silver Swan was ever called "Debbie"

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I did remember that bit about the aura, but that’s interesting.
    WW actually has a power there, so it kinda makes sense to have villains in WW that can do that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    God, I hope that the SIlver Swan that King hinted at is NOT Nessie. I want Helen or Valerie to return simply because to me, SS will always be a blonde. lol
    It's most likely going to be Vanessa, but the pre-Crisis vibes to some of the aspects of this run so far make me hope it's Helen.

Vanessa deserves a break and Helen is better in the role