Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I completely agree, the reason we're still talking about the Silver Swan 35 years after her debut is because her original design and backstory were so good. It's sort of a shame how each new incarnation gets further and further away from them.
    Definitely a fair point on the design and backstory. I'm ready for a Helen revival - maybe it can happen if Doomsday Clock offers some rebooted continuity.

Maybe we should merge Valrie and Helena's origin. That she test some makeup to make her look more beautiful. Maybe adding few new powers. Her voices cause men to be attracted to be her. I would add all the silver swans' powers that each one them had. I do think he wings should be real one.

I'd make her costume less negligee and more an enhanced bodysuit, but I'm down with the classic design otherwise.

At one point it was hinted that the "swan song" of Valerie's was more than just destructive and she could possible rearrange matter (hello Firestorm?) with it as she learned about her powers. I don't think that was ever followed up on though, before she went into obscurity.

The Helen origin with Ares allows all her powers and strength and resiliency to be magic, so that solves that. As I posted before, I have some other ideas of how she could fly, get the wings, super strength, and the voice if her character went a bit more the mercenary route.

What ideas do you have with the wings? I mean would there be a way for Silver Swan to stay on her without other villains?

I wasn't a fan of the destruction of the Vanessa character but I liked Phil Jimenez's design for her.

....and I suppose the development of the character from ally to enemy makes sense (ostensibly) story wise given how the Kapatelis family was tossed aside editorially in favor of the Sandsmark family. So props to Jimenez for making something out of that history.

NOT so much a fan of the grotesque turn the design took during Rucka's effort to redeem the character as a tragic pawn.

But it must be hard for fans of Perez era to see a beloved POV character...deranged.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 12-30-2017 at 09:47 AM.

^^^ It definitely has been for me.

I mean how much of metallic parts should silver swan have? I like the Silver Swan in 77. Maybe it should only be her costume itself. I wonder should any silver swan be able to switch back and forth between her human form and silver swan form

Incredible Member

I'm glad theres a thread about this question. I've been debating which look was her best myself....

Valerie's look is very 80s "sexy" but I like the wings and the white/silver combo.

Vanessa's first design was a solid update but I think Rucka's run really visualized how she was being taken over in a really powerful way.

We have the animated Bloodlines Vanessa, which I also like...and the new comic version, which I like a bit less..

I sort of wish we had a new design. None of them quite feel like The One.

Astonishing Member

I'm all for a new Silver Swan who isn't Vanessa and who is closer in spirit to the 70s version (loved the short-lived Roy Thomas/Gene Colan run). The Jimenz design is a bit too over the top -- very roller disco.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm all for a new Silver Swan who isn't Vanessa and who is closer in spirit to the 70s version (loved the short-lived Roy Thomas/Gene Colan run). The Jimenz design is a bit too over the top -- very roller disco.
    A roller disco design would make her like our own evil version of Dazzler, which is why I liked her look from Wonder Woman '77.

It's similar to the original but updated with metal like Vanessa. The razor wings are cool too, impractical though they are. Diana could rip them off in under 2 seconds.

Besides the spats, buttons and fringe that I don't care for, the newest design isn't bad.

It takes her too far away from the original concept, but I get that modern audiences prefer the horror elements as opposed to Helen's sex appeal. Though I'd still replace some of the black parts with skin.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Besides the spats, buttons and fringe that I don't care for, the newest design isn't bad.

It takes her too far away from the original concept, but I get that modern audiences prefer the horror elements as opposed to Helen's sex appeal. Though I'd still replace some of the black parts with skin.
    I think it's a good design when Silver Swan is fully 100% corrupted and totally lost to Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would much prefer the Swan title be returned to Alexandros. Maybe she can stalk Nessie and Beaudry in an attempt to reclaim her title lol. She doesn't just hate Wonder Woman but she hates the usurpers as well. I just dont like Vanessa having turned so incredibly villainous. I liked that Beaudry was rehabilitated and retired.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Though I'd still replace some of the black parts with skin.

Yeah, that's not better.