Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hawkman: Found preview

https://www.avclub.com/this-hawkman-...str-1821502772

This looks fantastic to me. Hitch back doing what he's great at and oh those Kevin Nowlan inks!

METAL has been such a fun event. And this art is beautiful. I expect greatness from Lemire.

The best art I've seen from Hitch in a while. I don't think he ever topped Ultimates, but this is close.

Whoa, is that past incarnations of Hawkman ? It's looks awesome, apparently the Dark Multiverse and barbatos are playing with poor Carter here, trying to take away all his past to reforge it into the monster we saw at the end of metal#4...

I’m still not sure how I feel about Hawkman’s origin being tied into the Batman mythos. The Hawk tribe and the Bat tribe and all that stuff.

Can’t wait for this issue!

Looks good, can't wait to see Carter's transformation into the monster.

It's nice to be able to read Hawkman again .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm always done for more Hawkman.

Mighty Member

Looks pretty good! Best Hitch has looked in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Whoa, is that past incarnations of Hawkman ? It's looks awesome, apparently the Dark Multiverse and barbatos are playing with poor Carter here, trying to take away all his past to reforge it into the monster we saw at the end of metal#4...
    I think so, the two in the foreground look like Khufu and Silent Knight.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Nowlan is such a master that people will think Hitch is simply bringing his A-game. Nice colors too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m still not sure how I feel about Hawkman’s origin being tied into the Batman mythos. The Hawk tribe and the Bat tribe and all that stuff.
    You know, with all of this stuff about Death (during Rebirth) and Metal, I was dreading the return of Carter, Johns' guy. I was going to miss the trippy alien stuff even if it had been executed all that well in the last decade or so. But not only does this rift (maybe? I don't follow Batman) on Return of Bruce Wayne still feel cool and different, but we also get a Jim Lee cover of Hawkman choking Batman. That hits my entire checklist.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

This looks amazing. I haven't been reading Dark Metal and the tie-ins, but this is going to have me playing catch up, for sure. I do love Hawkman!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    You have it backwards. They're using the Hawkman mythos to promote more Batman. As a Hawkman fan, it sucks so far. Hoping they can give the Nth metal back to Hawkman after they're done selling Batman books with it.
    Hawkman: Lord of the Skies!

Given Lemire is pretty much confirmed to be writing the new Hawkman book, this'll be interesting to read as far as getting to know what his ideas/take on the character is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Given Lemire is pretty much confirmed to be writing the new Hawkman book, this'll be interesting to read as far as getting to know what his ideas/take on the character is.
    He told me they took him off of it. Apparently another writer that Lemire "likes a lot" is going to do the book in spring/summer. In other words, nothing definite.
    Hawkman: Lord of the Skies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirijax View Post
    He told me they took him off of it. Apparently another writer that Lemire "likes a lot" is going to do the book in spring/summer. In other words, nothing definite.
    Oh! Well, at least it sounds like it's still happening .

Kind of curious who the writer is...