View Poll Results: Will a classic Wonder Woman rogue be in the next film?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Likely

17 77.27%
  • Unlikely

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Chances that the villain in the next Wonder Woman film won’t be...?

A Classic Wonder Woman rogue.

I bet they are going to try and match her up against some other franchise’s big bad. I’m not sure WB has enough faith in the property to dig deep into her own cast of villains. To be honest I think the reason WW turned out as good as it did is because WB really thought it was the B franchise (with Batman, and JL being the A franchise). BVS essentually ran interference for Wonder Woman distracting the suits. I’m afraid that might not be the case next time around. Their probably going to match her up with the Female Furies it something dumb like that. (Total lack of faith in the property to sell on its own merits)

What’s the likelyhood that the villain in the next WW film isn’t one of Diana’s actual villains?

BANNED

You know I think they probably will match her against one of her villains. Maybe a goddess. Hollywood likes that stuff.

I suspect the WB higher ups will have little input in who the villain is. It will be who Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns decide fits the story they are writing. Now that may not be a classic Wonder Woman villain
    but then I don't think the higher ups dictated that Zod be in Man of Steel or Lex Luthor and Doomsday in Batman v Superman or Enchantress in Suicide Squad or Steppenwolf in Justice League. Those
    were all creative decisions, for better or worse, of the writers and directors of those movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I suspect the WB higher ups will have little input in who the villain is. It will be who Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns decide fits the story they are writing. Now that may not be a classic Wonder Woman villain
    but then I don't think the higher ups dictated that Zod be in Man of Steel or Lex Luthor and Doomsday in Batman v Superman or Enchantress in Suicide Squad or Steppenwolf in Justice League. Those
    were all creative decisions, for better or worse, of the writers and directors of those movies.
    They're supposed to name two new people in January to replace Johns and Berg as the producers, so whoever that is will probably make the call.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    They're supposed to name two new people in January to replace Johns and Berg as the producers, so whoever that is will probably make the call.
    Actually it is Berg is leaving his executive position to devote his full time to being a producer.
    “This is something that Jon approached me about six months ago, and he expressed his goal was to ultimately be a producer at the studio," Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Toby Emmerich said.
    "I first met Jon when, as a producer, he brought Elf to New Line, which remains one of the best and most evergreen titles in the library. We’re thrilled that Jon is partnering with Roy and anticipate their
    company being a valuable source of movies for Warner Bros. and New Line.”

And Geoff Johns may take on more creative control of DC features after overseeing successful television series like Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl, along with his work in licensing and publishing.
    And even if John's role is reduced, he and Patty are still writing the Wonder Woman 2 movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...banner-1065528

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Actually it is Berg is leaving his executive position to devote his full time to being a producer.
    “This is something that Jon approached me about six months ago, and he expressed his goal was to ultimately be a producer at the studio," Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Toby Emmerich said.
    "I first met Jon when, as a producer, he brought Elf to New Line, which remains one of the best and most evergreen titles in the library. We’re thrilled that Jon is partnering with Roy and anticipate their
    company being a valuable source of movies for Warner Bros. and New Line.”

And Geoff Johns may take on more creative control of DC features after overseeing successful television series like Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl, along with his work in licensing and publishing.
    And even if John's role is reduced, he and Patty are still writing the Wonder Woman 2 movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...banner-1065528
    Maybe Johns is still writing the script, but I didn't see anything about that there.

I guess we'll know more when the hires are announced. It won't be long.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-27-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Maybe Johns is still writing the script, but I didn't see anything about that there.
    "This summer’s Wonder Woman is the only unqualified success story for the DCEU at the moment—glowing reviews, massive box office, and a tap into the zeitgeist that other blockbusters would envy.
    The studio worked quickly to secure director Patty Jenkins to return, and she’s hard at work crafting the story and screenplay for the sequel with Geoff Johns and Dave Callaham (The Expendables)."

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-2-n...patty-jenkins/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    A Classic Wonder Woman rogue.

I bet they are going to try and match her up against some other franchise’s big bad. I’m not sure WB has enough faith in the property to dig deep into her own cast of villains. To be honest I think the reason WW turned out as good as it did is because WB really thought it was the B franchise (with Batman, and JL being the A franchise). BVS essentually ran interference for Wonder Woman distracting the suits. I’m afraid that might not be the case next time around. Their probably going to match her up with the Female Furies it something dumb like that. (Total lack of faith in the property to sell on its own merits)

What’s the likelyhood that the villain in the next WW film isn’t one of Diana’s actual villains?
    I can almost guarantee that it won't be Howard the Duck. Too many cross licensing issues. Of course I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again someday.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

If Cheetah or one of Diana's original(non-public domain) villains isn't in the next Wonder Woman movie, I probably won't even bother to see it. WB needs to fully commit to Wonder Woman and her universe. If they don't, I'm out.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

This is a pretty bizarre question in my opinion.

Other DCEU films have not been critically successful, certainly not as much so as Wonder Woman. This will mean WB/DC will want to keep the Wonder Woman train going (which means probably using characters from her mythos) rather than shoehorning in stuff that doesn't resonate with audiences (like other Justice League stuff).

Also, Justice League's end credit scene clearly set up the Legion of Doom (or whatever you want to call it at this point), and that's going to require at least one Wonder Woman villain. Chances are very likely that Cheetah will play a role in some capacity in this sequel.

So yeah, I can't see them using some random villain in this series. It would be too great a risk at this point, when being at least somewhat faithful to the source material has worked so well for the character's first film.

That said, I *totally* want to see the Female Furies at some point in the DCEU.

Extraordinary Member

I really want Cheetah.

Extraordinary Member

I think it needs to be a Wonder Woman villain. Not enough people are aware of Diana’s rogues gallery as it stands now. A movie is pretty much the only vehicle to change that. Plus it’s not like there’s any reason for them to not make it one of Diana's villains. Why swap out one obscure villain for another obscure villain? It’s not like they can throw the Joker or Lex in there without people realizing that they’re aping from Batman or Superman respectively.

Personally? If we’re not gonna get Cheetah in the next movie, I’d want either Dr. Cyber or Silver Swan. I think the former might actually be fitting if this movie is supposed to be set in the 1980s, right when computers were taking off.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

As long as Patty Jenkins has ANY say in what's in this movie--and there's no way she doesn't--then I can't imagine she'll pass on an opportunity to include a classic villain or two. She included Dr. Freaking Poison in the first movie, for crying out loud! That's a character who hasn't had a significant presence in Diana's books in decades. If she can include her, she can include just about anyone.

As far as Diana dealing with a Big Bad from the larger DCU? I doubt it. It seems as though one of WB's new strategies is to avoid tying solo films into the larger universe, at least for a while. If any non-WW characters appear in this movie, they'll likely be very minor characters at best.

Anyway? I vote for Cheetah, Circe, Dr. Psycho, Queen Clea, Silver Swan........any of them, really.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It'd be strange of them not to. Wonder Woman is there only surefire viable cinematic property right now.* if they were going to shoehorn in some Fourth World stuff or something before, well...I think they are going to want to distance themselves from JL as much as possible, so that's out. That plot pretty much wrapped itself up for better or worse. What other options are there? Cheetah is a very likely candidate to appear, and if not her, than Circe or even some other mythological threats. But nothing from another franchise.

*Which is both surreal and delightful as a Wonder Woman fan, and absolutely distressing as a fan of everything else.

Unless she was going to fight joker or lex Luther I don't see why the execs would care. 99% of the audience don't know any other school villains except the ones they've seen in films. Why the heck would the choose the female furies. No casuals know them (heck I can't name all of them) and this year has shown the audience doesn't care less about the "justice league" as a name brand.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.