Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Well, it was suppose to be out today.

Any sign of the Justice Society of America returning in this?

(Or are we still stuck waiting for that to possibly happen in Doomsday Clock?)
    Nope. Probably gong to be Doomsday Clock related....... hopefully.

Spectacular Member

I found it beautiful but boring. Additionally, it didn't really contribute much to the overall narrative, and unfortunately, the thematic leitmotiv ( '' I'm finally free of the nightmare" only to be reconducted to it) is too similar to Batman Found, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, sounds like it's not worth buying it. = sigh! =

Amazing Member

Yeah, I was disappointed, though not by the art - it's great. I expected more than "the entire issue is a repeating dream" - I am not usually a fan of stories that take place inside someone's head. This entire issue could have happened in 4-6 pages that could then have continued the story by integrating his situation into the overall narrative. Still, I am intrigued by the Forge.

At first reading, I'll admit I was wanting more. The art by Bryan Hitch, Kevin Nowland, Alex Sincvlair and Jeremiah Skipper was beautiful. Loved it. After reading it, I thought about what Jeff Lemire was trying to do. After Metal No. 4 last week, we already knew what had happened to Carter Hall. Instead of doing just that, Lemire in his own way re-established for us for Hawkman is. He is a superhero of flight. His dedication to discovery and order is sustained by his love for Kendra. We saw his former lives (Prince Khufu and the Silent Knight), one of his enemies in the Manhawks, a shot of his former self, his desire to fly, his determination to achieve what he set out to do. Lemire, in my opinion, did a masterful job in telling who Hawkman is in just the few pages of the one shot he had. Amazing issue.
    Hawkman: Lord of the Skies!

Amazing Member

Kirijax, I can appreciate that. If we walk away from this issue (and series) with Carter's history of incarnations restored as presented here, I would give that a try. I don't remember how long it's been since I've read a Hawkman story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Jeff Parker could do a hell of a fun HAWKMAN book.
    OMG, I would love this.

Also, am I the only one who preferred the space cop angle?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Another Hawkman reboot?
    I won’t be interested unless Shayera shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Another Hawkman reboot?
    I won’t be interested unless Shayera shows up.
    I'm not sure this is really a "reboot" since we had a Katar Hol version (the Silver Age one) for New52, but now this is suppose to be re-establishing the original, Golden Age version (the Egyptian prince Khufu, who was later reincarnated).