Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider #12 Preview

Kaine and his man-bun makes a return.

https://www.cbr.com/ben-reilly-the-scarlet-spider-12/

It seems this issue Kaine and the Slingers will be doing bad things for good reasons, while Ben will be doing a good thing for a bad reason.

This book just keeps getting better. Especially when Kaine's in it.

This looks utterly sensational!!! I can't wait to see how it plays out!

-Pav, who is glad Kaine is back...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

iMan 42s

All I can say is that man-buns look awful and if not the degeneration then I hope that's what never comes back.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Glad to see that Kaine is back in the book, though by the looks of his face compared to when we saw him a few issues ago, the clone degeneration is getting worse. I'm really hoping that a plot point is given before this book ends to at least helping him with that (possibly even tying to Cassandra Mercury's daughter's condition due to finding similarities in the two).

This issue looks so good, I'm so excited I can't wait to read it. I am so happy Kaine is finally back. I just wish he had a better hair style.

I'm liking this run of Scarlett. Cool story bro!

BANNED

nice issue. loved the scarlet spiders team up against the slingers. Really this series reminds me of the street fighter comic series especially when prodigy pulled that move on Ben and the intrigue of bens fight for his soul is much similar to ryus quest to master the dark and spiritual sides of his ki. Their are also devilish shenanigans to be encountered in the damnation crossover as this issue hints at which also seems akin to the street fighter vs darkstalkers crossover where the comparatively mundane heroes encounter the supernatural elements of other realm. hope deaths presence ties in to this larger mystery/advent of the underworld in LA.

Sick at my parents' house: Day 4.

Read the issue on my phone, and it seemed to go by really fast. Like what happened though. Don't know much about Cyber.

Okay back to sleep.

-Pav, who is sick of being sick...
    Last edited by Pav; 12-27-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Sick at my parents' house: Day 4.

Read the issue on my phone, and it seemed to go by really fast. Like what happened though. Don't know much about Cyber.

Okay back to sleep.

-Pav, who is sick of being sick...
    Long story made short, he's a particularly psychotic and sadistic enemy of Wolverine (Logan). He's been killed off a few times, but has found ways around that to continue menacing the X-Men's favorite adamantium-clawed, rapid-healing berserker. Apparently, now he's switched to a different target . . . or he's just a mercenary working for the highest bidder. That, and the mystery of "soulless Black Marvel" once again manipulating the Slingers . . . I'm looking forward to seeing how this wraps itself up, and if Kaine gets Cassandra Mercury to help keep that veterans' shelter open.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

make sense that Cyber is used considering it was Peter David that created him for the Marvel Comic Present story with Sam Keith.

Spectacular Member

Am I missing pages in my issue? Two of the preview pages aren't in my copy. The one with Kaine talking to the woman and the one with Ben sitting in the chair.
    Last edited by Proteus; 12-28-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Am I missing pages in my issue? Two of the preview pages aren't in my copy. The one with Kaine talking to the woman and the one with Ben sitting in the chair.
    Both pages are in my copy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Both pages are in my copy.
    Thanks for telling me.

Just re-read the newest issue. One thing that stuck out to me: Black Marvel indicates that they need Ben for some reason; considering BM doesn't have a soul, coupled with Cyber's reappearance as well, perhaps Ben's soul is coveted?

When "Hornet" was first introduced he mentioned having a girlfriend, who I have to imagine is Mysterio's daughter.

Of course, we also have that little girl mind-controlling Aunt June to consider.

Who is really masterminding things, here?!

It'll be interesting to see how this storyline plays out, and what the goals of the villains actually are!

-Pav, who can't wait to find out...

--------------------