Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I just realized something... What if it's revealed, following the end of this story, that the reason why the "Man on the Wall" has so much alien weapons and intel, isn't entirely because of Shield...?

What if... the Man on the Wall, is actually a position the WATCHER has created?? To sneakily protect the Earth, until the Superheroic era could begin in earnest, WITHOUT alerting his Watcher-brethren, to him taking action?

I suppose we know who the uber-dangerous new villain will be as well... It's Dr Midas, stealing the rest of the Watchers secrets and weapons.

And I must say... if he really does end up with all of that... combined with his cosmic powers, he'll be one scary guy. It's a bit ridiculous tho', because it doesn't feel like he should just up and get all of this, served to him on a lap.

Their anger towards Fury is well motivated tho', he's been lying, manipulating, and controlling them from afar, this entire story. They're obviously going to be rather miffed, especially since he's looking guilty as all h*ll, to killing the Watcher, from where everybody's standing right now. ( it of course has to be someone other than him tho', because, you know... it's too obvious.)
    That's an interesting situation that Midas has if he stole all the Watchers devices, because I just read a story of Reed Richards picking up the least dangerous device of the Watchers and Reed started ageing 2000 years of evolution, until he let go of the device and he returned to normal. Any of the other devices handled by mere humans would be lethal to the touch. Taking the Watchers devices should be another Event subject altogether. You cannot touch his stuff, because they are too dangerous.

BANNED

This issue was boring and needless rambling for the sake of rambling.

I think people are disappointed with this Event because it doesn't have the typical conflicts issue after issue. Jason Aaron gives us a thought provoking reveal of somebody with a devastating secret, but it doesn't have a real villain for the reader to concentrate on, and this negates it as an Event to them. For me, it has all the elements of what an event constitutes. Mystery, secrets drama and life changing moments. When this event ends we are going to see a whole shift in the MU as a result of what happens here, that takes us from All New Marvel NOW, to, this shocking change of the status quo, that almost resembles the Dark Reign.

Has it been shown yet anywhere in a Marvel comic who killed or severely injured the Living Tribunal, who was found on the Moon, or did heaven forbid Nick Fury Sr. do it? I hope at least some Unseen not Fury did it.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Has it been shown yet anywhere in a Marvel comic who killed or severely injured the Living Tribunal, who was found on the Moon, or did heaven forbid Nick Fury Sr. do it? I hope at least some Unseen not Fury did it.
    Honestly, I think Hickman and co. have already forgotten that that was a thing. The second most powerful being in the Marvel Multiverse just winds up KIA or at the very least incapacitated, Tony and Uatu are the only ones we know who know about it, now one of them is dead, and the other has only given a passing mention about it to Reed before saying it's a tale for another time. And yet, here we are, almost a year later (NA #8 was released 24th July 2013) without a single other reference to it.
    Currently Reading:

DC: Justice League, Multiversity, Batman

Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers

With the release of the new Avengers lineup after Original Sin, it seems a hasty assemblage of Avengers was needed as a a result of the aftermath of the Event. So Cap says to Sam, you have to put on the suit, Thor is disowned by the hammer and this other chick steps in the breach and volunteers. Iron Man is replaced by something else, and Medusa and an Inhuman come and join. Put Dr Strange, Antman and Winter Soldier in from OS and you have your team. I think it's a stop gap team in an emergency.

It's interesting nobody is forcing the Winter Soldier to be arrested here, because of his crimes against the USA, and that he holds his place in a team like the Avengers. For that to be the case, things must be particularly urgent to let a "traitor" out in public. AXIS must be a real emergency situation.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-16-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothrunes View Post
    Honestly, I think Hickman and co. have already forgotten that that was a thing. The second most powerful being in the Marvel Multiverse just winds up KIA or at the very least incapacitated, Tony and Uatu are the only ones we know who know about it, now one of them is dead, and the other has only given a passing mention about it to Reed before saying it's a tale for another time. And yet, here we are, almost a year later (NA #8 was released 24th July 2013) without a single other reference to it.
    The Living Tribunal probably was the one who was going to be murdered instead of the Watcher, but they changed the story at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    That reveal is so fantastic. That is so natural it isn't funny.

I wonder if this was what Brubaker had in store for Bucky the whole time Bru brought Bucky back? Or was this just a Jason Aaron idea that came later, when nobody knew what to do with Bucky after he was disgraced as the Winter Soldier? Makes me wonder again what the Avengers Kids were saying when Bucky gets what he deserves, did that mean this?

Nick Fury will never die. There will be something with taking his body away, or, Smoke and mirrors, and Nick Jnr will give him a blood transfusion of Infinity Formula and Nick will be back in a flash.

If Bucky takes over Fury's role, will Bucky keep the Fury LMD's around with him to help? And if Nick Snr dies, who will make the LMDs walk and talk? I imagine Nick in part was monitoring all his LMDs especially the ones he owned.
    I'm sure Bucky dealing with Nick robots will be a plot point.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The Living Tribunal probably was the one who was going to be murdered instead of the Watcher, but they changed the story at the last minute.
    It's possible this story is being saved for later. Knowing Marvel I doubt they'll let this storyline dangle forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    It's possible this story is being saved for later. Knowing Marvel I doubt they'll let this storyline dangle forever.
    The ongoing idea of the possible death of the Living Tribunal, is that he was defeated by the Rabum Alal - the potential big bad, that is destroying the Multiverse.

It kind of makes sense... because otherwise the Tribunal would lay the smacketh-down on him - that's what he does, he keeps cosmic order, he's the embodiment of Justice. And the premature death of a Universe, isn't fair. That's unjust, so of course he would act.

But apparently... whoever, WHATever Rabum Alal is... he is more powerful than even a manifestation of the LT. Or maybe the LT is compromised, and he died the moment the Multiverse became unstable, so Rabum Alal never touched him, because the LT is dependent on the combined energies of the various Universal embodiments, and since all Universes appear to be slightly out of wack, by the chaos of the incursions, then maybe they can't properly form the LT... and he becomes catatonic.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    The ongoing idea of the possible death of the Living Tribunal, is that he was defeated by the Rabum Alal - the potential big bad, that is destroying the Multiverse.

It kind of makes sense... because otherwise the Tribunal would lay the smacketh-down on him - that's what he does, he keeps cosmic order, he's the embodiment of Justice. And the premature death of a Universe, isn't fair. That's unjust, so of course he would act.

But apparently... whoever, WHATever Rabum Alal is... he is more powerful than even a manifestation of the LT. Or maybe the LT is compromised, and he died the moment the Multiverse became unstable, so Rabum Alal never touched him, because the LT is dependent on the combined energies of the various Universal embodiments, and since all Universes appear to be slightly out of wack, by the chaos of the incursions, then maybe they can't properly form the LT... and he becomes catatonic.
    Nice explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The Living Tribunal being killed by a gun with a gamma bullet would be the highest level of PIS/WIS in the history of comic books. Way above Spider-Man beating Firelord (and Squirrel Girl beating Thanos, for that matter ).
    Last edited by ShaokhaN; 07-17-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    The Living Tribunal being killed by a gun with a gamma bullet would be the highest level of PIS in the history of comics. Way above Spider-Man beating Firelord.
    What is PIS?

Yeah, I'm thinking the Living Tribunal thing is more Hickman's story so that'll be resolved in one of his Avengers books (or maybe some event he's got up his sleeve at the end of all of this).

Though we don't even know LT is dead. He has shown up since then (in Starlin's stuff, though that might just be Starlin being out of the loop). But the book didn't actually state that LT was dead. It didn't really say anything.

What is PIS?
    Plot Induced Stupidity.