Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

That Cass panel tho

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    That Cass panel tho
    Time for some "Kick butt" therapy. Where she kicks the bad guys' butts and makes her friend feel better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    That Cass panel tho
    Sad...but if this was classic Cass and she saw her best friend in this situation, she'd be just as angry as sad, and would have already made her way into Arkham, taken down the Syndicate, screw the risk, and comforted her friend the way only Cass can. Different character I know, but I can't help but think of that.

Also, the problems of late continue to not get any better. The Victim Syndicate are non-intimidating idiots who every logical person could tell are evil, JPV and Luke not getting to say or emote anything pretty much sums up their role here, and I continue to want to punch Tim and Steph every time they open their mouths. Really Tim? You're calling someone out for keeping a secret?! Also, if Basil does die at the end, won't Cass have just as much reason to blame Steph for allowing this to happen? UGH.

You kind of have to figure that this issue is going to be a bit more Cass heavy than the last few. She's the only one who connected with Clayface in any significant way. *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    You kind of have to figure that this issue is going to be a bit more Cass heavy than the last few. She's the only one who connected with Clayface in any significant way. *fingers crossed*
    Same, hoping we get some good spotlight for Cass.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    and I continue to want to punch Tim and Steph every time they open their mouths. Really Tim? You're calling someone out for keeping a secret?! Also, if Basil does die at the end, won't Cass have just as much reason to blame Steph for allowing this to happen? UGH.
    I think that Steph read fine here, but Tim... yeah, no.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Speaking of Drake, one friend showed me this image(I remember him in one cover of SS of tomorrow)..

1513981083458.jpg

I donīt know the source, sorry..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-23-2017 at 02:55 AM.

Amazing Member

I’ve read the issue, and, without spoiling anything, it seem that the worst has happened for someone...
    Last edited by Issy543; 12-27-2017 at 01:29 AM.

BANNED

Usual breakdown:

The Good:

- Tynion's mission in making us feel sympathy for Basil has been 100% successful.
    - Bruce got a cool moment.

The Bad:

- I'm going to wait to the end...but if this is really is the end of heroBasil, then I am going to have serious words with the last issue of this story.
    - JPV and Luke continue to be wallpaper, which is sad. Out of the 4 arcs since the duo became a thing, only the arc where they were in focus has given them anything and even then, Zatanna got more panel time.
    -The Victim Syndicate are terrible villains. Most of them don't even have a role in the story and have no character, First Victim is idiotic in the way we're supposed to believe they're this grand manipulator when they're not, and Glory is just an idiot all around, Tynion deciding to say "Thought I was actually developing this character? Nope!"
    - This plot does not work at all for me because I fail to believe any of the circumstances going on. Victim Syndicate convinces all the guards to work for them? Don't buy it. They manage to turn the city against Batman? Not the Marvel universe, don't buy it. All of this being allowed to happen because an idiot of a mayor got put in charge because the last mayor got killed by Shiva for reasons I still don't understand? Don't buy it. Cass not rushing Arkham on her own and saving Basil before it was too late? Don't buy it. (Especially since the end showed that Bruce was capable of beating everyone on his own!) Lonnie? Lonnie...
    - So now Tynion is trying to tell me that this is Pre-FP, with those stories in tact? Ha ha, no! No, in all possible ways, to that BS.
    - This is entirely Stephanie's fault. They flat out said that the people learning about Clayface was the tipping point. Why is no one holding her accountable for being such an idiot?!

The Cass:

- Her calling out the three most annoying (main) characters in this book on their bi**hing and getting them to focus on what was actually important was great.
    - Ah, the old 'I'm gonna call you by your codename until an emotional moment where I call you by your real name' tactic. A bit played out, but I still like it, especially with Bruce and Cass.
    - Seeing Tim, Steph and Cass huddled over a rooftop gave the exact kind of nostalgia rush Tynion was likely going for. Tim and Steph even managed to not be annoying in that scene!
    - I dig the haircut she has here.

So yeah, some good Cass stuff, but for the most part, it's the usual trash 'Tec has become.

-The Victim Syndicate are terrible villains. Most of them don't even have a role in the story and have no character
    Isn't that the point? What they do has always been more important than who they are.

First Victim is idiotic in the way we're supposed to believe they're this grand manipulator when they're not
    I'm not sure how you can say that when it's been shown multiple times that they're exactly that.

- This is entirely Stephanie's fault. They flat out said that the people learning about Clayface was the tipping point. Why is no one holding her accountable for being such an idiot?!
    She didn't release those photos.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Isn't that the point? What they do has always been more important than who they are.
    But what they do makes no sense.

I'm not sure how you can say that when it's been shown multiple times that they're exactly that.
    It's a like a writer saying a character is smart and having everyone talk about how smart they are, without ever showing them being smart outside of technobabble (Oh hi Tim). As it stands, I'm more inclined to believe that everyone else is an idiot.

She didn't release those photos.
    She was still dumb enough to take them.

But what they do makes no sense.
    Why doesn't it make sense?

It's a like a writer saying a character is smart and having everyone talk about how smart they are, without ever showing them being smart outside of technobabble (Oh hi Tim). As it stands, I'm more inclined to believe that everyone else is an idiot.
    Why do they have to be idiots?

She was still dumb enough to take them.
    How is that dumb?

taking a photo of your entire superhero team which includes a known villian is a bit stupid. But im fairly sure Stephanies phone is probably encrypted and all protected, so its more probable that she just under estimated people being able to hack their way in too get the photos.

Astonishing Member

Subtle Rebirth thing # 485, Lonnie Machin and Batman directly talk about his past continuity being back in continuity, more or less.

Surely that speaks to the early Alan Grant stories more than anything, and as we progress toward more modern-day continuity, Anarky's canon gets more fluid - but I still like to think perhaps he was paralyzed and helping Tim Drake out not that long ago, because I really dug Red Robin, natch.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com