Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought Luke said, "The Force is not some organism. It's like a feeling. Breathe ..."

After he did the whole stick to Rey's hand thing.

So aren't they retconned now?

As for my change, get rid of the whole EU so there's less UPF whining.
    Good catch. Truthfully I just kind of lobbed that one out to get the conversation rolling. It was an easy change that wouldn't have too many repercussions. Maybe tonight after the kids are in bed I'll think of a more expansive change.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 12-22-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

iMan 42s

Darth Maul’s DNA is recovered for a potential clone like TFU2 explained. More Darth Maul, but also explains why Palpatine has him confined rather than just having him run to his mother because Son of Dathomir relys heavily on the convienience of him returning to his mother for help since it’s not like Sidious wouldn’t just invade Dathmoir anyways. It gives a reason for him keeping him chained up and since 20 or so years passes between 3 and 4 you’ve got plenty of time to make a monster since nobody doesn’t just clone or create a sigh lord by design so you can do away with saber copters if the thing is skilled by default like the Jango clones.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member

It would have been cooler and I believe more effective to make the set-up for Crait be a deteriorating conventional battle with a Resistance-lead Republic Remnant that lasts a long time against initially seemingly equal First Order fleet before the FO demonstrates competence and skill by breaking them, driving them to the surface, and officially ending the Republic as a political force, thus creating a better scenario for the Rebellion's rebirth being needed. It would also allow for more interesting stuff, like seeing the Supremacy deploy or repair Star Destroyers outside the battle, or for Finn to do something more engaging.

Set-up:
    - The Resistance escapes the early fight with the First Order, while still being devastated, by dispersing after the Dreadnaught fight, which now also includes a moment where the depleted fighter screen justifies Kylo and co. destroying the bridge and nearly killing Leia.
    -Ackbar and Holdo step up afterwards, with Holdo being portrayed more evenly, without the dumb "believe in the hope I won't give you" idea, and instead just rightfully calls out Poe for getting most of their pilots killed. Ackbar, meanwhile, shanghais Finn into acting as a First Order guide for Rose and BB8, to infiltrate and steal intelligence from the First Order so they can better counterattack, even though Finn still largely cares about Rey alone.
    -Kylo and Hux are assigned a mission of destroying the rallying Republic forces around Crait, which now sits at a key hyperspace point and ha as huge concentration of Starfighters and light capital ships. Hux notes they'll be outnumbered in terms of ship count, but not tonnage, while Kylo is distracted by training with Snoke.
    -Finn and Rose go to Canto Bight, but explicitly to recruit DJ, who is now a black marketeer in First Order space, and thus their key to getting what they need. They have to free DJ from local security before newly arrived First Order teams lead by Phasma pick him up...alongside a shipment of children to be made Stormtroopers. Finn first grows beyond his old ways by going out of his ways to free the kids, getting mocked by DJ.
    -The battle of Crait begins, with the initial exchange seeming to favor the Republic forces and damaging numerous Star Destroyers, but then Hux and co. successfully trick Poe into leading the Starfighters into another trap (though he figures it out half way through and saves half the force), before taking out most of the capital ships, leaving only the damaged Raddus and a small screen of fighters covering for escape pods and transports to reach the surface. Only then do they call in the Supremacy, which deploys the reinforcing Star destroyers and begins repairing others.
    -Finn, Rose, and DJ have infiltrated the Supremacy, and manage to begin downloading information, but Finn is seen by old Stromtroopers he served with, and has to distract them, revealing the First Order has tried to hide his defection to prevent the idea from getting...contagious. Rose meanwhile, begins to suspect DJ, and is seen doing *something* on the side.
    -Rey arrives during the continued decimation of the Republic fleet, when it clearly seems won by the First Order. Meanwhile, DJ sells out Finn and Rose, and Phasma arrests both them and the Stormtroopers they were with. At the exact same time that Rey is being setup for Ren to kill her by Snoke, Hux and Phasma intend to nip anymore potential mutinies in the bud by publicly executing all their prisoners, and begin to do so.
    -Rose's *something* turns out to be a series of overloads that cause a series of explosions in the hangar, in the engines, and other areas. Finn and Rose manage to free themselves, and the other captured Stormtroopers, and a chaotic firefight breaks out as some (though not all) of the other captured Stormtroopers fight alongside Finn, though only out of desperation, with some suggestion one of them wants to fight Finn, but gets killed by Phasma and her spear.
    -We start cutting between three action scenes, as Ackbar aboard the Raddus realizes that the Supremacy's shield has been lowered and prepares to ram it at hyper speed (which will work with the shields down but not on), Finn and Phasma duke it out, and Ren and Rey finish off the guards and have their tug-o-war.
    -Rey escapes the throne room when the Raddus rams the ship, and goes to pick up Finn and Rose using her powers. Finn, leaves but only after one post-battle confrontation with a wounded Stormtrooper who lets him go when he sees Finn tending to one of his wounded ex-comrades. As they leave the wounded Supremacy, though, Hux brings in his Star Destroyers and bombards the planet, killing all but those who get to the old a Rebel base.
    -Rest of the film carries on.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I would do away with Lucas's retcons that made his universe so much smaller.
    Vader's first name really is Darth. He really did kill Anakin. Leia really is a princes, and if she had a brother then he blew up with Alderaan.
    Really? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Really? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.
    I'm not.

I never liked the whole 'it's all about the Skywalkers' thing.

I couldn't care less if Leah and Luke were related but Vader being Luke's father makes the whole thing so much more interesting. Adds so much more drama I think.

I'd have Episode II as Episode I, which would then make the new Episode II more about the Clone Wars and Anakin falling towards the Dark Side.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Luke never died. He’s still alive for episode 9 and in the assemble starring role. Not as a force ghost and not as a supporting character seen for only a couple shots.
    He’s a leader. He kept trying for the greater good in the past , and I want that hope and optimism returned. He’s a hero and should be portrayed that way, as a symbol of good winning out over evil.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    End of RotJ occurs on Kashyyyk, not Endor.

Close 2nd: Han shoots first.

Close 3rd: Anakin does have a father.
    Han did shoot first. I refuse to acknowledge the revisionist befoulment. 😡

Boisterously Confused

I had my turn, but there’s a runner up:

It was Qui-Gonn Jinn that killed Darth Maul on Naboo, but he did so in fear and anger. Knowing something is wrong, Yoda forbids him to be near the Skywalker boy, who is entrusted to Obi-Wan, prompting a fed-up Qui-Gonn to leave The Order and accept a position offered by The Supreme Chancellor on his staff. Thus, it is Qui-Gonn that becomes Darth Tyrannus, who murders and impersonates Sifo-Dyas, and organizes The Separatists.

This creates a more personal tension between The Apprentice Sith Lord and Yoda/Obi-Wan/Anakin (it also gives the audience some investment in the conflict). It also demonstrates that Darth Sidious’ effort to replace Darth Vader with Luke is not merely an opportunity, but a pattern for The Master Sith Lord. Further, it demonstrates how dangerous it is for Jedi to face Sith, even if they win, they can lose themselves.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 12-23-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Jedi do not begin their training as young children. They start as teenagers, maybe around 15 or 16. (Luke was about 20 when Yoda said he was too old).

As a result, Anakin never kills the younglings at the temple.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor