Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brainy1313 View Post
    The acquisition is going through, it's basically a done deal. What this means in specific terms is that Deadpool 2 will be the last R-rated Deadpool film we'll ever see. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there was major pressure from Disney to get a PG-13 for D2 closer to the June release date.
    You're missing the point. If the government steps in and shoots it down because of anti-trust laws, the deal isn't happening no matter WHAT agreement was put on paper.

BANNED

Also they already confirmed Deadpool will stay R-rated.

Amazing Member

The acquisition is going through, it's basically a done deal. What this means in specific terms is that Deadpool 2 will be the last R-rated Deadpool film we'll ever see. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there was major pressure from Disney to get a PG-13 for D2 closer to the June release date.
    Deadpool 2 will remain R rated, Iger confirmed this day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You're missing the point. If the government steps in and shoots it down because of anti-trust laws, the deal isn't happening no matter WHAT agreement was put on paper.
    What I'm saying is that no way is the Justice Department, under Sessions and Trump, going to step in and block a deal that's going to so greatly benefit Murdoch and Fox News. That's what I meant by a done deal. And yes, Iger promises to keep Deadpool R-rated but a lot can change between now and June.

What I'm saying is that no way is the Justice Department, under Sessions and Trump, going to step in and block a deal that's going to so greatly benefit Murdoch and Fox News. That's what I meant by a done deal. And yes, Iger promises to keep Deadpool R-rated but a lot can change between now and June.
    The Democracts will. And they are only two seats off a Senate majority. And there are primaries next year.

Plus McCain is stepping down

BANNED

Deadpool 2 especially isn't going to be a concern since Disney isn't legally allowed to interfere with 20th Century Fox's business until the deal is done.

Amazing Member

The good news is that, even if it gets halted by the Democrats, there's no other company that has that kind of money and Disney could still get the X-Men and Fantastic Four properties even if everything else falls through. That's not the part there would be issues with...correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Democracts will. And they are only two seats off a Senate majority. And there are primaries next year.

Plus McCain is stepping down
    Even if the Democrats gain full control of Congress (House still looks like a long shot) I don't think they have any power other than to hold hearings. It would be up to the Justice Dept to block the merger and sue in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Deadpool 2 especially isn't going to be a concern since Disney isn't legally allowed to interfere with 20th Century Fox's business until the deal is done.

I did read that the deal wouldn't be concluded for another 12-18 months so we'll see.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this deal is going through. the only ones who holding out faith are those who want the xmen to stay with fox so they can get their x23, gambit, and new mutants 2 movies.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this deal is going through. the only ones who holding out faith are those who want the xmen to stay with fox so they can get their x23, gambit, and new mutants 2 movies.
    I despise the Fox X-Men movies. But there are greater issues then Marvel getting the X-Men back.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I despise the Fox X-Men movies. But there are greater issues then Marvel getting the X-Men back.
    its capitalism my friend . that's how it works
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Unbelievable that people are so upset over Trump to let it sway their opinion on how good this is for the X-Men and FF just because they don't want to agree with Trump. How old are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by reinnemann2 View Post
    Deadpool 2 will remain R rated, Iger confirmed this day one.
    He said he thinks there may be a place for an R-rated Deadpool. He did not specifically confirm it unless I missed a pretty important piece of news. I'm ok with a PG-13 DP, hell the comics are PG-13 for the most part. The lewd and adult movie that was released was an experiment by Reynolds and Fox. There is not a single mainline Marvel comic book that has a hard R rating and there never has been. Sure there's blood here and there but there has never been nudity or the F bomb.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Unbelievable that people are so upset over Trump to let it sway their opinion on how good this is for the X-Men and FF just because they don't want to agree with Trump. How old are we again?
    Who said anything about THAT? Think you must be referring to another thread because NOBODY here said anything like that.