Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Ms. Marvel (2014) #6 *Spoilers/Thoughts*

Healing Factor Part One by Wilson/Wyatt/Herring/Caramanga

The issue opens with Kamala on patrol. Unfortunately, her father wants her to meet with Sheikh Abdullah, which goes much easier than expected.

A growl from a rather deep pothole convinces Kamala to investigate the sewers for the Inventor. Her initial hunch is partially right. We get a little bit of history on the Inventor who is apparently spoilers:
    a clone of Thomas Edison, whose DNA was contaminated by a cockatiel.
    end of spoilers

Wolverine appears and Kamala in all of her adorableness starts geeking out. The whole sequence is really funny. I won't tell you folks why it's the worst day of Logan's life.

Most of the issue is how the two interact and Kamala just continues to be endearing.

Thoughts:

This issue was pretty light on plot development except for one major and one minor revelation. We learn the Inventor's origin and we find out that he's drawing young individuals to himself for some research he's conducting.

We also learn that Kamala can shape change into inanimate objects.

The focus and the highlight of the issue is the interplay between Kamala and Wolverine. I'm really excited to see her pairing with Spider-man now, but I'm sad that it won't be covered in this book. Wilson's writing is still solid, but I do hope that more of Kamala's non-superhero life comes into focus in future issues.

This issue also brings in a new artist, Jake Wyatt and the book continues not looking like a traditional superhero book. There's less a sense of whimsy to his work, even with Herring on colors. Wyatt's art is less dynamic and he favors wider shots compared to Alphona. His art is charming nonetheless and very easy to read.

Overall, this is another good issue for Ms Marvel if not as strong as past issues. I still had a laugh out loud moment or two, which is a huge plus.

she turned onto a mannequin before, i'm not sure i assumed she could do other objects, but this is the first non-human shaped object.
    i agree on wolverine, the shock on his face when she starts fangirling, and again when she told him about the fanfics. it was overall a fun issue.
    i cant wait to see her meet up with other heros now, just for that. xD

the smaller reactions from her were cute too. i think i misjudged the art based on the preview. it was different but nice
    Last edited by Butterfly; 07-16-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    }|{

This book is insanely good. The mangling of internet names still makes me cringe, but that's a pet peeve, the general sense of humor is stellar. The reveal of the Inventor's identity was delirious and totally amazing at the same time. This is probably one of my favourite issues so far, the artwork too was strangely more attractive to me.

This was adorable. I love Jake Wyatt's art, so that was a big plus (although Alphona is wonderful as well).

Ultimate Member

Kamala's a Wolverine fangirl, and ships Wolvie/Storm. I'm loving her more and more every day.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Great issue. However the art was not to my taste. Much prefer Alphona.

Very good issue. I even liked Wolverine here!

Fun issue! Loved Kamala's fangirling, and Wolverine just rolling with it like a random team-up. It's exactly how I'd figured he'd act in that situation. Edison is insane...a fun kind of insane. And the conversation with the Sheikh was very enlightening and real. Art was on point, writing was on point.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

Fantastic issue. Lot of great character moments and I love Kamala acting like a fangirl. Plus Wolverine's reaction to what story got the most fan votes. The art is alright but I prefer Alphona.

Overall I liked the issue and found it to be a good read. I liked the interaction between Wolverine and Kamala, especially when she first meets him. I also liked the artwork which fit well with the story and I also felt that it was a nice change from Alphona. Wolverine was written well and I like the Inventor. He seems absolutely ridiculous, but in a good way.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Amazing Member

is Alphona coming back?

still loving this book.
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastar View Post
    is Alphona coming back?

still loving this book.
    He comes back in issue 8, when Kamala meets the Inhumans.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Loved this issue. I think it's safe to say that Kamala Khan's first crossover adventure is a success thus far. Love how she geeked out over Wolverine, going so far as to reveal that she's a Wolverine/Storm shipper. Just when I think she can't get any more lovable, she finds a new way. Makes me think she would enjoy some of the fan fiction I've written. I also liked the conversation she had with Sheikh Abdullah. It was very sincere and well-thought. It feels like the kind of advice one would expect from a holy man. Didn't really care much for The Inventor, but you have to take a guy seriously whose smart enough to control an army of killer alligators. So much win in this issue. Gives me hope that her Spider-Man crossover story will be even better.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Loved this issue. I think it's safe to say that Kamala Khan's first crossover adventure is a success thus far. Love how she geeked out over Wolverine, going so far as to reveal that she's a Wolverine/Storm shipper. Just when I think she can't get any more lovable, she finds a new way. Makes me think she would enjoy some of the fan fiction I've written. I also liked the conversation she had with Sheikh Abdullah. It was very sincere and well-thought. It feels like the kind of advice one would expect from a holy man. Didn't really care much for The Inventor, but you have to take a guy seriously whose smart enough to control an army of killer alligators. So much win in this issue. Gives me hope that her Spider-Man crossover story will be even better.
    what's she doing getting paraded in front of Sheikhs? For what?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what's she doing getting paraded in front of Sheikhs? For what?
    Repeatedly sneaking out after dark.