Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea i thought that was dumb. Orcs are hated for siding with the Dark Lord 2000yrs ago. But an Orc started the Sheild of light which helped save the world. Guess bigotry isnt suppose to make sense anyway
    That's right it sure doesn't make sense in RL

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What annoyed me is how a plot is introduced in the first act of the film never gets picked up again. What was the point of it even being in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What annoyed me is how a plot is introduced in the first act of the film never gets picked up again. What was the point of it even being in the movie?
    The 3 wand thing? It's going to be a race to get the other two in the next few movies I think just like the IG stones in the MCU.
    Last edited by choptop; 01-04-2018 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The 3 wand thing? It's going to be a race to get the other two in the next few movies I think just like the IG stones in the MCU.
    Not talking about the wands. I'm talking about when IA gave Ward a voice recorder to snitch on Jakoby to get him fired over Ward's shooting. It never comes up again after that.

Not talking about the wands. I'm talking about when IA gave Ward a voice recorder to snitch on Jakoby to get him fired over Ward's shooting. It never comes up again after that.
    Ya that was odd.

Incredible Member

I was thinking he'd use the recorder on the cops that wanted kill Jakoby to clear himself.
    Sounds perfect.

Incredible Member

So I saw Bright, and it's really not that bad.

It's not GOOD mind you, but it's not bad. It's one of those kinds of movies that you can enjoy and appreciate if you just turn your brain off. which isn't that different from two of David Ayers's other films Suicide Squad or Sabotage, actually.

The premise, of a high fantasy Tolkien world like Lord of the Rings that takes place in the modern day, is admittedly very intriguing and ripe for good stories to tell, and for all of Bright's weaknesses, the setting is just so unique that it offsets most of those weaknesses. I hope more movies or a TV series are made about this universe, because I would watch them. There's definitely an Alien Nation vibe to it, but it's different enough to distinguish itself from claims of plagiarism.

When this came out, I read that it was in contention for being one of the worst movies of the year, and it's nowhere close to being the world. Hell, it's nowhere close to being the worst movie this MONTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I was thinking he'd use the recorder on the cops that wanted kill Jakoby to clear himself.
    He never needed to. The Fed elf gave him immunity after handing over the wand and the corrupt cops were given honors as part of his cover up.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 01-06-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Mighty Member

I really liked it, one of the most underrated movies ever and quite an imaginative mix of fantasy/action that is a throwback to old school action cop films like Alien Nation but with fantasy elements and different races/species of beings co-existing. Good action, a nice likable Will Smith and all that.

One of my faves of 2017.

Bring on a series or sequel.