Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I liked the movie too watched it Christmas morning. It had me interested in a sequel and more of the world. They could even do a series rather than a movie. Will Smith might not be interested in a series deal but they could do it without him easily enough.

The level of hate critics piled on this makes me wonder if they had a motive for the savaging they pretty uniformly gave this movie. It wasn't the greatest thing I've seen, but it was novel and entertaining. I don't think it's the worst movie I've seen this year let alone the laughably bad movie I was expecting.

I'm definitely down for Bright 2: Bright Harder.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I liked the movie too watched it Christmas morning. It had me interested in a sequel and more of the world. They could even do a series rather than a movie. Will Smith might not be interested in a series deal but they could do it without him easily enough.
    Yeah, I think this definitely is going to end up a series. Too bad they can't just get the rights to Shadowrun and make this a prequel set 50-60 years before the games.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    The level of hate critics piled on this makes me wonder if they had a motive for the savaging they pretty uniformly gave this movie.
    I'm tempted to say the reason was political.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    The level of hate critics piled on this makes me wonder if they had a motive for the savaging they pretty uniformly gave this movie. It wasn't the greatest thing I've seen, but it was novel and entertaining. I don't think it's the worst movie I've seen this year let alone the laughably bad movie I was expecting.

I'm definitely down for Bright 2: Bright Harder.
    Yea iono Max Landis is a pretty polarizing guy anf he wrote it right? Which is weird if you wanna makr a fantasy training day why wouldnt you have Ayer write and direct? I like the movie but the story is the weakest part. The visuals Ayer used to define this world and the character interaction were the best part for me personaly.

A sequel movie with the cast coming back would be cool but is also like a spinoff series taking place in another city. maybe Las Vegas or New York. Or even a series focues on Edgar Ramieres Elf and the Feds

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea iono Max Landis is a pretty polarizing guy anf he wrote it right? Which is weird if you wanna makr a fantasy training day why wouldnt you have Ayer write and direct? I like the movie but the story is the weakest part. The visuals Ayer used to define this world and the character interaction were the best part for me personaly.
    Allegedly, Ayer did some rewrites that Landis wasn't happy with. I'm not sure of the how and what, but the original Landis script is supposed to be online somewhere. I haven't gotten around to go see for myself.

I watched Bright a few days ago good not great but good. I don't get the hate it's getting by critics I mean I get not liking it but some are calling it the worse film of the year this is a year that also gave us Resident Evil the First Chapter, A Dog's Purpose, The Shack, Fifty Shades Darker, Transformers the Last Knight, the Mummy, the Emoji Movie, XXX the Return of Xander Cage, the Circle, & King Arthur Legend of the Sword and Bright is the worse movie of the year? Please.

I watched it. It comes off as a harmless buddy cop movie. I think all the hate comes from the fact that....

1. Max Landis wrote it, and the many people are still pissed at him because of the comments he made about Rey after TFA.

2. Critics lack the ability the separate their feelings about the artist from their work.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-01-2018 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I watched it. It comes off as a harmless buddy cop movie. I think all the hate comes from the fact that....

1. Max Landis wrote it, and the many people are still pissed at him because of the comments he made about Rey after TFA.

2. Critics lack the ability the separate their feelings about the artist from their work.
    Max landis is a guy who its easy to hate and on top of it David Ayer is a guy who critics dont usually like. He wrote one of my favorite movies of all times but most of the Acclaim for Training Day went to Denzel. Fury and End of watch are his only critical hits i can think of at the moment outside Training day.

Also as much as i enjoyed the movie its handling of race was admirable but handled poorly and detracted from the movie. I say oh well and enjoy it for what it is. Critics might be less forgiving. Iono critics im a fan of an usually agree with Martin and Korey from Double Toasted thought the movie was bad so iono what the disconnect is. An earlier poster ssid netflix greenlit a sequel fast so Netflix dont care bout the critics anyway.

I will say Youtube comments on promotional stuff on this movie is brutal. I saw a UFC cross promotiom about the first Orc mma fighter. The comments were almost all about how awful the movie was and that the UFC shoulda distantes themselves. So maybe more of the General Audience disliked it then we think but who really knows. Its new years and im drunk and rambling on. Happy new years everyone!
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-01-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

Plus my understanding is Netflix prefers not to talk to the press for the most part. That is smart considering how insane they had been recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Plus my understanding is Netflix prefers not to talk to the press for the most part. That is smart considering how insane they had been recently.

Recently? They have been that way for awhile. I'm hoping 2018 finishes what 2017 started and ends the "critic class". We don't need them anymore.

Everything has gotten so specialized that if you like one thing on Hulu, Netflix etc than chances are seven other things are going to be suggested to you and if you like one of those things there other things and so on and so on.

Most of the critics are just failed writers themselves and it shows. Worse, some are very bitter about it.

They are like the boy who cried wolf when it comes to their causes that when/if they finally do make an interesting point and something happens that really is racist, ageist etc you have already checked out. This is a prime example of crying wolf https://www.cbr.com/netflix-bright-f...le-characters/

Most are in it for the access. Search your feelings, you know it's true.

I liked the movie the first time i saw it but i found myself agreeing with this video.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HFMM View Post
    During a night time scene where they show the sky above the city, there was a dragon flying. It was kinda of subtle.

I doubt it would be Jakoby, but I wouldn't be surprise if they flip the script this time and have a bright Orcs be on the side of light. While a Elf bright is on the dark side.
    Guess what, they already mentioned it in the movie in the backstory: the dark lord was an elf , and the founder of the shield of light was an orc

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    Guess what, they already mentioned it in the movie in the backstory: the dark lord was an elf , and the founder of the shield of light was an orc
    Yea i thought that was dumb. Orcs are hated for siding with the Dark Lord 2000yrs ago. But an Orc started the Sheild of light which helped save the world. Guess bigotry isnt suppose to make sense anyway

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I liked the movie the first time i saw it but i found myself agreeing with this video.
    My God that review was annoying he did have sum points but a lot of it was just nitpicking or he didn't get it or understand.