Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

GOD DAMMIT! Okay, new plan. Let's just put women in charge of everything from now on. It's not a perfect system but it has to go better than this! This is such a shame because the man knows how to write a damn good Superman story. All of a sudden Alan Moore being a bitter curmudgeon doesn't seem like that big a deal anymore. Wonder what it take to get HIM back!
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Oops, I was in the middle of something in the middle of an edit, checking over my own post cause I rushed.

But that's one of the first things I saw, like comment #24

Sure I'll keep checking, but it's pretty lame that people are really on this sort of a trip. I'm willing to believe actual accusers but I wish people would step off with their fifth hand assertions. Just a whole lot of toxic for some stranger.
    I was talking about the screencaps from twitter.

Since no story has been run, or there been any blog posts about it, that thread is the only place I could find that has collected multiple people that either knew Landis and/or the people he sexually assaulted, and harassed, commenting on his behavior.

I have been a fan of his work. Thus, i find this news disturbing. I am willing to give a benefit of doubt. Its possible that the allegations are false. But then these could be true too. Let the story run its course. If this turns out to be true let him be punished just like he should be. A criminal is a criminal. Such people have no place in powerful positions by which they could harass others. Let him be punished and be an example to deter others.

Such things were always there. Its good that they are coming out. All of these things must be helping in a positive manner and hopefully the workplaces are becoming safer. Here's a question. What's next? Aren't there criminal proceedings for things like this? There's an additional complication here. With all accusers being third parties, i don't think its going to affect him much. But am i wrong in my thinking? What's DC going to do with him as he is slated to write for them? Its not wise to allow him to work when he has been accused.

Well DC are definitely not going forward with the Agent of Batman mini. Not after the heat they took from Buzzfeed's article on Eddie Berganza. I don't like Landis' writing or as a person but it's still unpleasant to hear him being accused of sexual harassment and that he could have harassed women unwillingly or even forcefully.

BANNED

I watched his pitch for a Ninja Turtles movie one time...and thought he was quite an oddball. Beware the oddballs.

I did enjoy American Alien, so this is a bummer.

Glad we’ve reached a point where all that needs to happen for due process and presumption of innocence to be thrown out is an accusation with no details. I believe that sexual assailants deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and receive vigorous punishment depending on the crime, but these claims need to be verified before someone gets torched in the court if public opinion.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    GOD DAMMIT! Okay, new plan. Let's just put women in charge of everything from now on. It's not a perfect system but it has to go better than this! This is such a shame because the man knows how to write a damn good Superman story. All of a sudden Alan Moore being a bitter curmudgeon doesn't seem like that big a deal anymore. Wonder what it take to get HIM back!
    Worst decision ever.

Anyway, Hollywood being this disgusting isn't a secret to anyone who is paying attention and the biggest victims of what's going are the children who were forced by their parents to enter this dark world.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Glad we’ve reached a point where all that needs to happen for due process and presumption of innocence to be thrown out is an accusation with no details. I believe that sexual assailants deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and receive vigorous punishment depending on the crime, but these claims need to be verified before someone gets torched in the court if public opinion.
    The legal system has always been stacked so far against people who have been sexually assaulted is the reason so many scumbags have been getting away with it for so many years. It is even worse when the person getting accused is rich. Most of the guys getting nailed now have spent years using there money and power to get out of any trouble they may have gotten into. If the only way these dirtbags can finally get taken down is by the court of public opinion then I am ok with it since the legal system has been doing nothing all these years.

I agree that if it is just one person then yeah it needs to be looked into a little further, but when you have multiple people all saying the same things then that usually means something.

BANNED

Zoë Quinn, the video game developer who was at the center of the online harassment campaign known as GamerGate, tweeted her own thread on Landis, saying his predatory behavior has been an “open secret for so long,” but survivors are “freaked out” by the influence of him and his father, director John Landis. Writer Lindsey Romain also tweeted saying “Lax Mandis” – an obvious codename for Landis – is a “ritual sex abuser” and that “evidence of his predatory behavior” can easily be found.
    Most recently, Alexander took to Twitter in the wake of these allegations against Landis to write a thread regarding why she had blocked him on the social media website. According to Alexander, she blocked Landis after receiving a private message from an actress who claimed he’d harassed her. In followup tweets, Alexander revealed she cut ties with a woman who knew Landis had harassed the actress, but still invited him on her podcast.
    https://screenrant.com/max-landis-se...t-allegations/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Gah, I get chills just reading stuff like this. Sad it takes one person confessing to get all of these people to come out about this dudes sick behavior. Regardless of what DC does, I can't see myself continuing to purchase his comics, heck, I still didn't purchase the hardcover for american alien but doubtful I will at all now.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Here's another source on the matter:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bright...sexual-assault

It's looking more and more like there might be something to this. Looks like that AA sequel isn't happening.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Here's another source on the matter:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bright...sexual-assault

It's looking more and more like there might be something to this. Looks like that AA sequel isn't happening.
    I expect a more detailed story to break in the coming weeks.

People are going to be talking to journalists about this.

BANNED

The Superman story from the Holiday Special was removed from the digital edition.

Bleeding Cool has speculated that DC caught whiff of Landis' history of sexual assault and abuse breaking out, and that's why the story was cut.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...-special-2017/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Glad we’ve reached a point where all that needs to happen for due process and presumption of innocence to be thrown out is an accusation with no details.
    Good thing the general public isn't a court of law where these things apply. But then again iirc the courts let his dad walk for getting three people killed so arguably no system is infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Gah, I get chills just reading stuff like this. Sad it takes one person confessing to get all of these people to come out about this dudes sick behavior. Regardless of what DC does, I can't see myself continuing to purchase his comics, heck, I still didn't purchase the hardcover for american alien but doubtful I will at all now.
    People are often scared to say anything. Victims of such things are not treated well in an alarming number of situations. That includes themselves too not just those around them. It is like somehow somewhere you absorb this idea that it is somehow your fault which makes it hard to fight others saying things you yourself are running through your head.