Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Marvel Studios has never used a previous version of characters the X-Men won't be different especially with Hugh Jackman gone and many of the leads of the New Class cast contemplating leaving the franchise.

I don’t think Disney actually decided what they going to do with X-Men and F4. Right now they are focusing on the merger.
    I’m sure when all the dust settles they will listen to all sides and make a decision. For now everything is just fan speculation.

A lot of people think this deal is about Marvel, it’s not.
    It’s about something much bigger than that.
    It’s about streaming services and competing with Netflix.
    It’s about market value of their product.
    This deal is not about Marvel.
    This deal would still had happen w/wo Marvel.

The government shouldn’t have allow this merger. They suppose to lookout for the consumers, the government failed us.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Can't disagree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    100% on point.
    I understand what you're saying. I acknowledge how Coogler's Black Panther was designed, what it became, and what it continues to mean. With regard to Storm's first appearance in a Black Panther film, I do not agree. While she may be his once and future queen, she ascended to prominence under Claremont as leader of the X-Men. She should be given top billing as the central, flagship character of the X-Men franchise.

From a narrative perspective, they have different thematic struggles. Storm struggles with leadership among the X-Men, the school, and maintaining the simplicity and clarity of Xavier's dream in a world that grows more and more complicated. Her struggle is the mutant context. She's Blanca Evangelista, while Wolverine is Pray Tell.

Black Panther's struggle is about international responsibility and its impact on its sovereign. From the end of Black Panther 1, one can assume the next movie to centered outside the bounds of Wakanda... probably starting in Oakland, CA's Outreach Center, as it's the most direct outcome of BP1's struggle. If the movie doesn't center on BP's Marvel Knights period, it'll focus on a larger international scale. Of all of Marvel's international villains, the only one that could pose a super-villainous threat to the sovereign of Wakanda is the sovereign of Latveria.

I feel the F4 don't need a cinematic origin film either, but I could easily see a story where Black Panther retrieves them from a Doctor Doom Phantom Zone trap in the BP2 stinger scene. And the Illuminati of the MCU is unlikely to include Reed or Charles, if the Illuminati is introduced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Btw can we really even count Bishop and Sunspot?
    Who, besides Roberto and Lucas, are the black men in the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I understand what you're saying. I acknowledge how Coogler's Black Panther was designed, what it became, and what it continues to mean. With regard to Storm's first appearance in a Black Panther film, I do not agree. While she may be his once and future queen, she ascended to prominence under Claremont as leader of the X-Men. She should be given top billing as the central, flagship character of the X-Men franchise.

From a narrative perspective, they have different thematic struggles. Storm struggles with leadership among the X-Men, the school, and maintaining the simplicity and clarity of Xavier's dream in a world that grows more and more complicated. Her struggle is the mutant context. She's Blanca Evangelista, while Wolverine is Pray Tell.

Black Panther's struggle is about international responsibility and its impact on its sovereign. From the end of Black Panther 1, one can assume the next movie to centered outside the bounds of Wakanda... probably starting in Oakland, CA's Outreach Center, as it's the most direct outcome of BP1's struggle. If the movie doesn't center on BP's Marvel Knights period, it'll focus on a larger international scale. Of all of Marvel's international villains, the only one that could pose a super-villainous threat to the sovereign of Wakanda is the sovereign of Latveria.

I feel the F4 don't need a cinematic origin film either, but I could easily see a story where Black Panther retrieves them from a Doctor Doom Phantom Zone trap in the BP2 stinger scene. And the Illuminati of the MCU is unlikely to include Reed or Charles, if the Illuminati is introduced at all.

Who, besides Roberto and Lucas, are the black men in the X-Men?
    My statement about Bishop and Sunspot was just that they haven't really been prominent, or important in a positive way for a few years. Why in the heck are there like TWO males of color in all of mutantdom ..??? This illustrates the rot that runs through all things X-Men comics that hopefully can be corrected proper by the movie division.

Oh exactly. Which is why I said I felt black men are entirely under represented among X-Men, especially given how strong it’s femakes of color are portrayed. It’s why I always make room fir Prodigy, Shola Inkosi and Bedlam in all my X-Men suggestions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Unless you’re asking: “how will mutants suddenly appear in the current mcu?”. In which case I guess we have to wait and see how they decide to handle it. I’m hoping it is given some thought and isn’t just “oh Thry have been around this whole time but just on the down low. “
    Why not? Here's my take on how to introduce the Mutants into the world of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The X-gene used to be very rare -- Older mutants like Logan, Xavier, Magneto have already existed before as byproducts of an old era of mutation pre-Thanos where the X-gene was more of an anomaly; making it a thing that didn't occur in humans often so the existence of mutants was something that was easier to be kept confidential(only a few people knew of their existence of them like government operatives and maybe some family members that kept their secrets from public) so that's why we haven't heard of mutants until now because their population size prior to Avengers 4 wasn't big enough to be noticed so they fell under the radar. Xavier, Magneto, and Logan - even though they're mutants were able to 'blend' into normal society because they're normal-looking mutants but after Thanos is defeated the side effects from humanity's exposure to the immense power of the Infinity Stones ''unlocks'' the latent X-gene in more individuals than ever before leading to a much higher rate individuals manifesting the X-gene - to the point that some individuals affected by the X-gene start exhibiting more monstrous or freakish physical characteristics(i.e. Beast) thus the existence of mutants become public knowledge & due to a lack of formal education or guidance on how to control and use their powers the more human-looking mutants like Jean and Cyclops have difficulty fitting into regular society thus facing fear and scorn - the recent widespread upsurge of the rate of humans being mutated by the X-gene prompts Xavier to start a special school to train mutants to control their abilities and use them for the greater good.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I agree the MCU X-Men films should have Storm front and center as leader, but I also think BP2 can introduce us to a young weather goddess, who then goes on to star in the X-Men films. The two roles are not mutually exclusive. I don't even want MCU Ororo to date/marry MCU BP. But I do think she could get a highlighted supporting role in his sequel, just like BP was himself highlighted in Cap's film, before heading off to lead his own film. That's the MCU strategy and I think it would work for Storm and the X-Men too.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Imo it's more important that they are finally there then how they got there

But that's just me
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

X-Men hopefully gets introduced in Avengers 4.
    Here how:
    Because there are missing Avergers, Tony Stark recruits the X-Men to fill the void and help them to reverse the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Here how:
    Because there are missing Avergers, Tony Stark recruits the X-Men to fill the void and help them to reverse the universe.
    That will not happen. Let the Avengers finish their story(besides, most of the original Avengers weren't killed, plus they have Ant-Man on the table too). If there is a slight nod to mutants or FF in A4, I will be surprised and delighted, but no way will they be main characters. They pretty much finished filming it back in January, but the deal just got board authorization a few days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Why not? Here's my take on how to introduce the Mutants into the world of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    Sure your idea works. I just don’t prefer it because I like the idea of mutants dealing with discrimination for decades. Not suddenly. To me it takes away the gravity of the metaphor if it’s just a recent thing.

However I’m also a reasonable consumer and I understand that some concessions may need to be made in order to introduce mutants in a way that makes sense with the current MCU. I’m open to virtually any possibility as long as it’s done well.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Spectacular Member

I'm mildly disappointed that everyone here wanted the X-Men being introduced in a secondary way to the Avengers. Just let this story end and tell a whole new story starring the X-Men.

They have successfully made you believe that the X-Men are just second hand characters. Now we are begging for Storm to be introduced in a BP movie. Maaaaaaan

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    I'm mildly disappointed that everyone here wanted the X-Men being introduced in a secondary way to the Avengers. Just let this story end and tell a whole new story starring the X-Men.

They have successfully made you believe that the X-Men are just second hand characters. Now we are begging for Storm to be introduced in a BP movie. Maaaaaaan
    Please. The X-Men will supersede the Avengers, who are practically speaking already done. We are just thinking logically as to how to blend them together before the X-Men rise from the ashes!

I don’t think Disney actually decided what they going to do with X-Men and F4. Right now they are focusing on the merger.
    I’m sure when all the dust settles they will listen to all sides and make a decision. For now everything is just fan speculation.

A lot of people think this deal is about Marvel, it’s not.
    It’s about something much bigger than that.
    It’s about streaming services and competing with Netflix.
    It’s about market value of their product.
    This deal is not about Marvel.
    This deal would still had happen w/wo Marvel.

The government shouldn’t have allow this merger. They suppose to lookout for the consumers, the government failed us.
    I've always said this deal wasn't about the Marvel Characters but Iger mentioned them when this deal was announced and it's a guarantee Feige has ideas if not plans for them especially the cosmic characters connected to the FF like Galactus and Silver Surfer which Marvel has wanted for years and were even once willing allow Fox to keep Daredevil so they could get.

Here how:
    Assuming you have seen the most recent film, there is an incredibly obvious issue there. No?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Please. The X-Men will supersede the Avengers, who are practically speaking already done. We are just thinking logically as to how to blend them together before the X-Men rise from the ashes!
    You don't have blend the X-Men into this current Avengers MCU mythos. Just let this Thanos story end as is. The MCU doesn't have to be a long forever expanding story. They can exist as a finite story.

Nobody ever concerns themselves is Bale Batman fits into the DCEU story. People are smart enough to know that these are independent stories.

Once the Avengers MCU story ends, give it a breather and start a brand new phase one. Have it start with the FF if you want. This can be Earth-2. You can introduce a new set of Avengers and move on. I don't see the point or fascination with people hoping to see the X-Men tangle with this current iteration of Hollywood actors.