Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is one of the things I'm most looking forward to. but I'm nervous because the disney cartoons have been pretty bad. I'm not sure how they would do.the xmen.
    I'm hopeful considering it seems like all of those shows have been cancelled. With the Disney streaming service coming out next year, I hope they up their animation game to compete with all the great Netflix animated shows and anime.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm hopeful considering it seems like all of those shows have been cancelled. With the Disney streaming service coming out next year, I hope they up their animation game to compete with all the great Netflix animated shows and anime.
    this sounds very probable. I'm soooooo excited everyone told us we were crazy to ever think the xmen would be back with marvel now look at where we are. it's a great day!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes indeed...
    Where they belong

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Few more hurdle's that are more like formalities at this point.

Overseas vote, Selling the RSN's etc

So I think the new projection is early 2019 to be officially done

Yeah the regulators in certain other markets like the EU, China, and certain other major economies will do their review and approve it. Comcast is likely to get Sky, will Disney already has the majority stake in Hulu. So overseas regulators won't object. Meaning Disney just has to sell the regional sports channels (required to so do because they already have ESPN).

YES YES YES!!!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I don't really care all that much about movies, toys and other merchandising personally but i sure hope for some new animated x-men stuff.

X-men, x-men evolution, wolverine and the x-men...etc...i love all that.
    I got so wrapped up in thinking about the movies, I forgot about animated stuff. Maybe they'll pull a Young Justice and bring WatXM back. I doubt it but a boy can dream

Well, yaay! Lol. I should be more excited but I don't really have much to say. This would be a bit more climatic if it wasn't so obvious, but nice. It's not done in the sense that Disney can already go and start working on Fox stuff, but it's done in the sense that the deal is really happening, no more Comcast or ****.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I agree with most of that.

Reboot X-MEN

Fast track FF

And AvX > IW
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I just hope this all results in a new Wolverine game. A Wolverine open world action rpg set in Madripoor with gameplay mixture of the Witcher and the Batman Arkham games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yup I pretty much agree with all of this too. Except keeping DP totally separate. He always works better when he gets to interact with the greater universe. That's why I loved DP2 more than the first. He doesn't need to be.. and shouldn't be.. everywhere. But he should be in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, yaay! Lol. I should be more excited but I don't really have much to say. This would be a bit more climatic if it wasn't so obvious, but nice. It's not done in the sense that Disney can already go and start working on Fox stuff, but it's done in the sense that the deal is really happening, no more Comcast or ****.
    I'm still worried about how the X-Men will fare in the MCU. A reboot may or may not work. Spider Man had to be rebooted twice. And Fox Entertainment had better not cancel X-MEN DARK PHOENIX; I'm very much looking forward to it.

I'm worried about Hulu--it's gotten better, with edgy content like "Handmaid's Tale." Will Disney dismantle Hulu and turn it into the Disney Channel streaming only Disney content? Also, this means some Murdochs get to sit on the Disney board of directors. Second largest shareholder of Disney stock is Ike Perlmutter. The widow of Steve Jobs is the largest shareholder now. But with Murdoch's on the board with their new piles of Disney stock, will a more right wing, conservative view of things dominate Disney in the future? Will we be going back to the 1950s, instead of forward to the rest of the 21st century?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    And Fox Entertainment had better not cancel X-MEN DARK PHOENIX; I'm very much looking forward to it.
    You're not going to get any sympathy in this thread (I agree with you). There's a very vocal segment of the board who probably want to see Disney burn every trace of film. And the scripts. And the storyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I'm still worried about how the X-Men will fare in the MCU. A reboot may or may not work. Spider Man had to be rebooted twice. And Fox Entertainment had better not cancel X-MEN DARK PHOENIX; I'm very much looking forward to it.

I'm worried about Hulu--it's gotten better, with edgy content like "Handmaid's Tale." Will Disney dismantle Hulu and turn it into the Disney Channel streaming only Disney content? Also, this means some Murdochs get to sit on the Disney board of directors. Second largest shareholder of Disney stock is Ike Perlmutter. The widow of Steve Jobs is the largest shareholder now. But with Murdoch's on the board with their new piles of Disney stock, will a more right wing, conservative view of things dominate Disney in the future? Will we be going back to the 1950s, instead of forward to the rest of the 21st century?
    Err... I don't want to sound rude, but what even??? How did you take those conclusions? Disney wants their streaming service to compete with Netflix. They're not gonna make it some sort of Disney-only stuff in this bizarre way you're describing. They're buying Fox exactly so they can put all Fox movies on it, and AFAIK Fox doesn't do only family friendly movies...

Extraordinary Member

I'm in the camp that would like to see them try the X-Men without Wolverine for a while. That way they don't try to compete (yet) with one of the most iconic superhero movie stars, they avoid some of the accusations of constant rebooting, and they allow other characters to take the spotlight before they inevitably recast Wolverine.

There are also good arguments for recasting him right away, and the MCU did manage to give us the 9325th Spider-Man casting and make it work, so...