Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You're not going to get any sympathy in this thread (I agree with you). There's a very vocal segment of the board who probably want to see Disney burn every trace of film. And the scripts. And the storyboards.
    Why not just bump the Dark Phoenix thread? Nobody will bother you guys in there.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Well, they can start with the original cast. Xavier, Scott, Jean, Beast, Angel and Iceman.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You're not going to get any sympathy in this thread (I agree with you). There's a very vocal segment of the board who probably want to see Disney burn every trace of film. And the scripts. And the storyboards.
    I'm sorry to rub salt in the wound but your post would be a fitting Phoenix metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I'm still worried about how the X-Men will fare in the MCU. A reboot may or may not work. Spider Man had to be rebooted twice. And Fox Entertainment had better not cancel X-MEN DARK PHOENIX; I'm very much looking forward to it.
    I said this in the Jean Grey thread, but I'll resay it here.

Whether or not Dark Phoenix gets released is going to depend on where Disney thinks the bigger profit lies. Do they think it is with releasing a mostly complete film where they can recoup money with little additional investment of their own? It's like free money for them. Or do they think the larger profit is long term, by integrating the X-Men into the MCU as fast as they can - starting with (most likely) teaser clips after the credits for MCU films that are already in the works. It doesn't take much to shoot a 3 minute scene, especially if you aren't using much for special effects.

BANNED

NEW...

ANIMATION...

... LIVE ACTION...

... VIDEO GAMES!!!

BRING.
    IT.
    ON!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    lmfao hahahahahahahahahaha this was hilarious
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lmfao hahahahahahahahahaha this was hilarious
    My little brother made it! #proud
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Disney Give Me X-Men, Give Me the Fantastic Four, & Give Me A Planet of the Apes Predator Crossover. That's my dream trifecta.

Speaking of X-Men I would like a New X-Men film too with characters like Mercury, Pixie, Dust, Surge, Hellion, Prodigy, Elixir, Rock slide to name some.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup I pretty much agree with all of this too. Except keeping DP totally separate. He always works better when he gets to interact with the greater universe. That's why I loved DP2 more than the first. He doesn't need to be.. and shouldn't be.. everywhere. But he should be in the same universe.
    I don’t think they’ll put him in a different universe. They’ll just keep the R-rated stuff mostly self contained, but will allow for cameos and references that place it within the MCU. That’s how I see them straddling the fence on the more mature stuff.

It’s like the Punisher. Absolutely brutal show on Netflix. He first appeared in Daredevil, but I doubt you’ll see a lot of interaction between him and the rest of the MCU due to the extreme nature of his show.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Why not just bump the Dark Phoenix thread? Nobody will bother you guys in there.
    Yes they will.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    My little brother made it! #proud
    Funny. I laughed.

But honestly if he thinks they’re scrapping the one FOX X-franchise that works ($1.5B and counting), and which is easiest to just port over to the MCU, for no apparent reason (since they’ve already indicated that they’ll keep the R-rated IP they’ve acquired such as Deadpool/X-Force, Aliens, Predator)...then he must be a younger brother. At least I hope so.

No clue what happens to Dark Phoenix and New Mutants, but X-Force is happening. Reynolds and Co. are excited about this merger and the possibilities under Disney ownership too. It will be awesome. If you don’t like the Deadpool films or the idea of an R-rated X-Force, sorry.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Yes they will.
    Aight man don't start.... Today's a happy day for X-MEN fans
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Grace Randolph thinks they'll bury Dark Phoenix & New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Aight man don't start.... Today's a happy day for X-MEN fans
    Not for me its not

As an X-Men fan, this is literally the worst possible thing that could happen for me. I've lost quality X-Men movies