Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    people is talking about X-Men, then I replied talking about x-men.

I didnt see anyone saying Marvel could change Moira's race and make her black, or Toad being mexican, so...

Well on other forums this is a big discussion so I brought it up here.

Alot feel like they should start with 05 and raceswap Beast & Angel.

I already said I don't agree with it but I was just getting opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The first movie should really start with <=7. Then we can continually up the roaster in next movies.
    Wow 7? That would be really cool but I'll go between 5&7 and say 6.

Does your 7 include Xavier?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Well on other forums this is a big discussion so I brought it up here.

Alot feel like they should start with 05 and raceswap Beast & Angel.

I already said I don't agree with it but I was just getting opinions.

Wow 7? That would be really cool but I'll go between 5&7 and say 6.

Does your 7 include Xavier?
    I'm saying less than or equal to 7. That's what <= stands for.

No, I'm not including Xavier in that.

I'm saying less than or equal to 7. That's what <= stands for.

No, I'm not including Xavier in that.

Oh not familiar with that sign <== my bad

Yeah less than 7 sounds about right for movie one.

If they go 05

Cyclops
    Marvel Girl
    Beast
    Angel
    Iceman
    Storm

Mix Giant Size

Cyclops
    Storm
    Marvel Girl
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine
    Thunderbird/Sunfire?

But I could see a mixture of eras too. Alot of possibilities
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Ok so it's interesting...

Will they mix rosters or follow the path that comics set? The Avengers basically are the first team but swapped Hawkeye & Widow with Ant-Man Wasp. Then you added the next ones Witch & Quicksilver...
    I still think it will be hilarious if they were to pull an Ant-Man on Wolverine, and use Laura instead of Logan.

Ok so I suggested that before and some ppl shot me down saying Mystique & Rogue are not in Carol's league anymore.

To me it seems only logical and a Rogue vs Captain Marvel would sell like hot cakes next decade.

Mystique tricks Rogue to steal Cap's powers. Then Avengers attack her but she flees to Xavier's and X-MEN protect her. Which would lead to Avengers fight X-MEN
    Yeah, those people are strange. It's as though they've never read ANYTHING. When you have a character as big and powerful as Carol, it makes perfect sense to take that power away. Plus, Rogue's attack is THE MOST SIGNIFICANT EVENT to Carol, after getting her powers. Now with MCU having those characters, it's a shoe-in.

Race bending
    I'm kind of fond of the notion of Nightcrawler being raised in Pakistan. He can be a devout Muslim and be a Bollywood fanboy. It'd have all the essential character elements and spread the X-Men core to South Asia. I feel Colossus' Russian heritage is important, but I'd try to find a way for Storm to have Wakandan history.

Alot have suggested making Angel, Beast, or Iceman black or Latino which I don't agree with but hey it is what it is.
    Of the O5, I'd actually play more with ages. Like I'd have Angel be Warren IV, son of Warren III. Warren III would've had his wings cut off at an early age. Iceman would be a student too, and probably funny, and closeted. Scott and Jean would be the same age as Storm and Nightcrawler. Beast would age up, as seen with the other movies, maybe the same age as Warren III... He's also the only one of the O5 I'd consider changing ethnicity. "Henry McCoy" can be an all-American cover identity for his Argentinian name. That way we can get some South American cred before Sunspot.

Amalgamations
    My specialty!

Azazel = Belasco = Lucifer.

Omega Red = Mikhail Rasputin.

Mojo = Cameron Hodge
    Arize = Genegineer
    Longshot = Shatterstar = Fantomex

The first movie should really start with <=7. Then we can continually up the roaster in next movies.
    The "X-Men" would be Storm, Nightcrawler, and Colossus, and they eventually rendezvous with their field agent and school recruiter Wolverine. The Fantastic Four.

The Institute's noncombat teachers would include Emma Frost and Hank McCoy. The student "team" would be Jubilee, Iceman, Prodigy and Dust.
    Cyclops wouldn't show up until the midcredits stinger, when Emma and Hank arrive on his Alaskan doorstep with a jet full of students.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-28-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I still think it will be hilarious if they were to pull an Ant-Man on Wolverine, and use Laura instead of Logan.

Not necessarily gender swapping with that one but I could see legacy characters happening

X-23 > Wolverine

Sunpyre > Sunfire

Siryn > Banshee

Good idea

Can't wait for Andy Park to get started on that concept art. It look better than the movie sometimes.

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-28-2018 at 08:15 AM.

While I enjoy Laura more these days there is no comparison of the popularity of Logan to Laura with Hank Pym and Scott Lang. While it can be argued Hank was possibly more popular with comic fans Logan/Wolverine along with characters Captain America, Hulk, and Spider-Man has been the face of Marvel for decades. IMO Logan is an extremely overused character but he's also overused for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So besides a longing for a proper Phoenix story, what X-Men arcs are you hoping to see onscreen with MCUXM?
    I think it could be interesting to be able to introduce younger generations of mutant characters and have them grow up and "replace" the originals as time goes on and contracts expire. Understandably, in the comics, the originals are too popular for this to happen, but onscreen, it could be done and might be more accepted.

I also think it would be interesting to see All-New Wolverine and the current X-23 series adapted in some fashion (movie, cartoon, etc.).

Suppose it would, although you would need to set up Wolverine in some way, given that X-23's backstory is so tied into that character. If it was up to me, I'd start by having Wolverine established as a character in X-Men movies that functioned as the core team series (essentially whatever the MCU counterpart to Fox's original X-Trilogy and the First Class trilogy are). Then, I'd have X-23 introduced in her own solo movie (or movie series, if there was enough demand), with Wolverine having a supporting role, cameo, or whatever was fitting. In a sense, it would be a little like Ant-Man, in the sense that Wolverine would be in the Avengers movies, so to speak, while Laura would be having her own subseries that could either just focus on her own adventures or could crossover with the "Avengers" as fitting.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think it could be interesting to be able to introduce younger generations of mutant characters and have them grow up and "replace" the originals as time goes on and contracts expire. Understandably, in the comics, the originals are too popular for this to happen, but onscreen, it could be done and might be more accepted.
    It SHOULD be happening in the comics, too, so they're not rehashing the same damn plot points all the time, but that's another argument for another thread.

Astonishing Member

That will never happen(they will use the Logan version of Wolverine in the MCU) but in an alternate universe if they were to do that it would be funny to see the meltdowns.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Well, there are some characters you just can't avoid if you are to start with the X-men.

Like Xavier and Wolverine for example.

Or then, maybe they are going for a curve ball here and chose to just introduce "mutants" in the MCU, without specifically talking about x-men. Then yes, you can avoid (for a time) the most famous names.

Roster wise once they establish the 05 as the original students I don't mind with mix characters they go with in the modern day. Trying to put together the most interesting group for on screen

Storm, Psylocke,Cyclops,Iceman,Rogue. Main

Wolverine,Jean Grey, Gambit,Beast, Kitty, Colossus, Angel and Nightcrawler. Support

I like Beast,Jean Grey, Colossus, Nightcrawler as Staff. Kitty as new graduated to the field team. Angel, Gambit and Wolverine members of the team but they are off doing their own things. Weirdly I am not super excited about the main team I put together but sliding members would make thing better.After watching what the Russo did with huge cast I am excited for what could happen in Marvel.

There is no need to race-swap any X-Men. I know that's all the rave these days but there truly is no need to race-swap a team that has been diverse for decades. It is my hope that they stay true to the original characterization because that's been a huge problem with the Fox films, not sticking with the X-Men characterization and canon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't know about that, the MCU really loves cameo's and Wolverine is the cameo guy. Even more so once RDJ leaves Iron Man behind .
    Oh I'm sure of that, but I really mean in terms of his role in the proper X-Men films in the MCU not his overall appearances in the MCU. Ideally, if Marvel could get the Hulk distribution rights from Universal(owned by Disney's former rival for Fox Comcast) then they could basically do a homage to Incredible Hulk #181 and have Wolverine's first appearance in the MCU be him duking it out with the green guy in a MCU Hulk film. Aside from that, I expect Marvel to have a more balanced focus on all the X-Men and minimize focus on him.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-28-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

There is no need to race-swap any X-Men. I know that's all the rave these days but there truly is no need to race-swap a team that has been diverse for decades. It is my hope that they stay true to the original characterization because that's been a huge problem with the Fox films, not sticking with the X-Men characterization and canon.
    Yep. Race-swapping a character in a visual medium shows tremendous disrespect to the artists that designed the characters. Meanwhile, there are plenty of minority X-Men already.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!