Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The reshoots for Dark Phoenix will start early August in Montreal.
    Reportedly, they will add a character central to the plot.
    Rumor say this added character is Channing Tatum’s Gambit.
    Rumors also have it that the Gambit solo movie is scrap for now, but may comeback later.
    As we have seen the X-Men franchise don’t care about timelines.

If Black Panther DOES introduce Storm, I think it'll be a mistake.

I realize they have a syzygy aspect for a lot of people, but Ororo's strength and story is her leadership of the X-Men. T'Challa should fight internationally, and square off against Doom. The idea of BP2 introducing the MCU F4 is brilliant.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Now that the entire GotG cast is starting a petition to get Gunn reinstated this backlash can put that film on hold. Maybe push up MCU X-MEN release date. :-)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

MCU picking up and taking on the x-world has to be the best thing in the last 15 yrs. We may finally see X-men teams that have black people and especially black men that won't be background props, or diversity throwaways (looking at you Darwin). All the writers and editors should have minimal input while Marvel's movie division let truly competent creators handle the full catalog of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    MCU picking up and taking on the x-world has to be the best thing in the last 15 yrs. We may finally see X-men teams that have black people and especially black men that won't be background props, or diversity throwaways (looking at you Darwin). All the writers and editors should have minimal input while Marvel's movie division let truly competent creators handle the full catalog of characters.
    Bishop? Sunspot?

I always felt black men was the least represented demo in the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

I realize they have a syzygy aspect for a lot of people, but Ororo's strength and story is her leadership of the X-Men. T'Challa should fight internationally, and square off against Doom. The idea of BP2 introducing the MCU F4 is brilliant.
    Storm's marriage to the Black Panther and being Queen of Wakanda gave her a much needed life outside of the X-Men. And she ascended to a goddess there. It's definitely not a mistake to introduce Storm in the Black Panther. In the comics and NOW in the films she needs the development.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm's marriage to the Black Panther and being Queen of Wakanda gave her a much needed life outside of the X-Men. And she ascended to a goddess there. It's definitely not a mistake to introduce Storm in the Black Panther. In the comics and NOW in the films she needs the development.
    thank you thank you and thank you again!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Can't disagree more. The whole strength and power of BP1, the reason it did so well at the box office, was because it showed the world an advanced and yet ancient black society and featured predominately a black cast of men and women. There really aren't other movies, certainly within this genre, that have done that to this level. The idea that you would use the sequel to introduce an entire team of white people is ridiculous. Now, using the sequel to introduce a young black mutant with the power over the elements? That is something the audience could get behind. The FF don't need BP to introduce them. You can introduce Reed in an Avengers tag as part of the Illuminati. You can introduce Human Torch in a Spider-Man movie. Furthermore, just because Storm would be introduced in BP, doesn't mean she'd have to stay there. BP was himself introduced in Captain America, but he's not tied to Steve. Shoot, T'Challa could inform Charles of Ororo(if they do the Illuminati thing) in a tag and that's an excellent segue towards an eventual X-Men film.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Can't disagree more. The whole strength and power of BP1, the reason it did so well at the box office, was because it showed the world an advanced and yet ancient black society and featured predominately a black cast of men and women. There really aren't other movies, certainly within this genre, that have done that to this level. The idea that you would use the sequel to introduce an entire team of white people is ridiculous. Now, using the sequel to introduce a young black mutant with the power over the elements? That is something the audience could get behind. The FF don't need BP to introduce them. You can introduce Reed in an Avengers tag as part of the Illuminati. You can introduce Human Torch in a Spider-Man movie. Furthermore, just because Storm would be introduced in BP, doesn't mean she'd have to stay there. BP was himself introduced in Captain America, but he's not tied to Steve. Shoot, T'Challa could inform Charles of Ororo(if they do the Illuminati thing) in a tag and that's an excellent segue towards an eventual X-Men film.
    100% on point. BP should signal the end of using people of color to piggyback abstract concepts, but not as fully fleshed out human beings. Btw can we really even count Bishop and Sunspot? When was the last time they considered important or the central character to an arc

BANNED

If the X-Men become part of the MCU how will the timeline be explained?
    The movies are not going to use the older version X-Men anymore.
    The younger version is set in the 80’s and 90’s, but the MCU is set in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    If the X-Men become part of the MCU how will the timeline be explained?
    The movies are not going to use the older version X-Men anymore.
    The younger version is set in the 80’s and 90’s, but the MCU is set in the present.
    It’s two diffferent universes. Marvel doesn’t have anything to explain as it relates to fox’s Movies unless they choose to make them the same characters.

Unless you’re asking: “how will mutants suddenly appear in the current mcu?”. In which case I guess we have to wait and see how they decide to handle it. I’m hoping it is given some thought and isn’t just “oh Thry have been around this whole time but just on the down low. “
    Last edited by Grey; 07-30-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    It’s two diffferent universes. Marvel doesn’t have anything to explain as it relates to fox’s Movies unless they choose to make them the same characters.

Unless you’re asking: “how will mutants suddenly appear in the current mcu?”. In which case I guess we have to wait and see how they decide to handle it. I’m hoping it is given some thought and isn’t just “oh Thry have been around this whole time but just on the down low. “
    I think they will leave X-Men alone, but may include different characters in the MCU like:
    Deadpool
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Domino
    Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    Kitty Pryde
    Mr Sinister
    Belladonna
    Iceman
    Wolverine
    Timeline wise this would make sense.

Leave the Fox versions to rot in the 80's or whatever. New cast set in the present. The end.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Leave the Fox versions to rot in the 80's or whatever. New cast set in the present. The end.
    While I have kinder thoughts in regards to the Fox series, I agree that a clean reboot is preferable to trying to mush the two series together.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I think they will leave X-Men alone, but may include different characters in the MCU like:
    Deadpool
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Domino
    Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    Kitty Pryde
    Mr Sinister
    Belladonna
    Iceman
    Wolverine
    Timeline wise this would make sense.
    Marvel Studios has never used a previous version of characters the X-Men won't be different especially with Hugh Jackman gone and many of the leads of the New Class cast contemplating leaving the franchise.