Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    I'm mildly disappointed that everyone here wanted the X-Men being introduced in a secondary way to the Avengers. Just let this story end and tell a whole new story starring the X-Men.

They have successfully made you believe that the X-Men are just second hand characters. Now we are begging for Storm to be introduced in a BP movie. Maaaaaaan

The 90's was a long time ago. And we're about to get another FOXMEN movie in a few months that will bomb at the B.O. this has an effect on how the G.A. views the X-MEN.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-31-2018 at 02:18 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    The 90's were a long time ago
    Poor management over the last ten years and focus on different stuff by corporate has the X-Men with a smaller profile. Up until 6-8 years ago, the X-Men we're still a prominent franchise, so I don't get your point.

They've proven far more enduring than the Avengers, so the 90s quip is misplaced

Poor management over the last ten years and focus on different stuff by corporate has the X-Men with a smaller profile. Up until 6-8 years ago, the X-Men we're still a prominent franchise, so I don't get your point.

They've proven far more enduring than the Avengers, so the 90s quip is misplaced

Dude in 2016 X-MEN was the least viewed Super Hero movie. That would've repeated most likely till they pushed it into 2019.

Regardless how you feel people like Avengers > X-MEN.

X-MEN needs to be completely redone for a entire new generation who only see MCU comic book movies. They aren't gonna just toss aside Avengers that movie just made 2 BILLION! It takes like 3 or 4 FOXMEN movies to do that.

Some may feel Avengers are done without Captain America & Iron Man. But Black Panther, Black Widow, and soon Captain Marvel are more popular than any X-MAN not named Wolverine and they aren't going anywhere

So yes introducing Rogue & Storm in Captain Marvel & Black Panther sequels is a smart idea.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Spectacular Member

Dude in 2016 X-MEN was the least viewed Super Hero movie. That would've repeated most likely till they pushed it into 2019.

X-MEN needs to be completely redone for a entire new generation who only see MCU comic book movies. They aren't gonna just toss aside Avengers that movie just made 2 BILLION! It takes like 3 or 4 FOXMEN movies to do that.

Some may feel Avengers are done without Captain America & Iron Man. But Black Panther, Black Widow, and soon Captain Marvel are more popular than any X-MAN not named Wolverine and they aren't going anywhere

So yes introducing Rogue & Storm in Captain Marvel & Black Panther sequels is a smart idea.
    I don't buy that at all.

Great actors, great story and proper care is all that is needed. The Fox Universe has been so up and down that casual and hardcore audiences have been disenfranchised. Not for one second do I think Storm needs propped up by Captain Marvel. These X-Men characters have been going on strong for 4 decades. Black Panther has existed in perpetual cycle of niche for 40 years and you are telling me that he alone along with a non-entitity like Carol Danvers is what Rogue and Storm and the rest of cast needs?

Black Panther benefited from inspired casting and A-list director. Mr Coogler earned his rankings with Fruitville Station and Creed. The audience that BP was trying to market knew he was a household name.

The X-Men are suffering from Bryan Singer and Simon Kinsberg. Uninspired creators creating uninspired films. I'm a hardcore X-Men fan and have been reading since my grandpop put UXM 205 in my hands over 20 years ago and seeing the cast and plot of Apoclypse made me skip opening weekend. I didn't see that movie until it hit Redbox. If these characters phone it in, why would I put money down. We've been watching an incoherent X-Men story for 20 years now.

A smart studio will be able to prop up the X-Men without needed help. You are giving both the X-Men and Marvel Studios little credit. They have perfected the formula and phase 1-4 has taught them enough lessons learned. If they were able to kick start the MCU with Incredible Hulk and a recovering hollywood leading man like RDJr, they can resuscitate the X-Men movie brand. If they can revive Peter Parker after 3 straight garbage movies and 2 different actors, they can revive the X-Men.

A standalone Wolverine film with a great cast, great director that can be used to set up the next 10 years of films.

Again, I am in favor of a brand new Marvel MCU, phase 1 starring the Fantastic Four.

Since we are so hellbent on keeping the MCU around, the Fantastic Four could be the catalyst to bring over the next phase of heroes who are going to remain alive post Infinity Wars pt 2. I find it necessary, but since we all presume that FF and X-Men can't live without Avengers, then so be it.

BANNED

Marvel (and Disney) themselves, and their suppression of the X-Men IP over pretty much the last 10 years - at least! - are also responsible, for the franchise's current, perceived, second class state. But the Mutants were partially the reason DizMar pursued & secured the FoX deal, so one could assume they saw the error of their ways, and that THAT... was a losing strategy, in the end, for all concerned. After all, spiteful pettiness, will NEVER... win the day.

I don't buy that at all.

Great actors, great story and proper care is all that is needed. The Fox Universe has been so up and down that casual and hardcore audiences have been disenfranchised. Not for one second do I think Storm needs propped up by Captain Marvel. These X-Men characters have been going on strong for 4 decades. Black Panther has existed in perpetual cycle of niche for 40 years and you are telling me that he alone along with a non-entitity like Carol Danvers is what Rogue and Storm and the rest of cast needs?

Black Panther benefited from inspired casting and A-list director. Mr Coogler earned his rankings with Fruitville Station and Creed. The audience that BP was trying to market knew he was a household name.

The X-Men are suffering from Bryan Singer and Simon Kinsberg. Uninspired creators creating uninspired films. I'm a hardcore X-Men fan and have been reading since my grandpop put UXM 205 in my hands over 20 years ago and seeing the cast and plot of Apoclypse made me skip opening weekend. I didn't see that movie until it hit Redbox. If these characters phone it in, why would I put money down. We've been watching an incoherent X-Men story for 20 years now.

A smart studio will be able to prop up the X-Men without needed help. You are giving both the X-Men and Marvel Studios little credit. They have perfected the formula and phase 1-4 has taught them enough lessons learned. If they were able to kick start the MCU with Incredible Hulk and a recovering hollywood leading man like RDJr, they can resuscitate the X-Men movie brand. If they can revive Peter Parker after 3 straight garbage movies and 2 different actors, they can revive the X-Men.

A standalone Wolverine film with a great cast, great director that can be used to set up the next 10 years of films.

Again, I am in favor of a brand new Marvel MCU, phase 1 starring the Fantastic Four.

Since we are so hellbent on keeping the MCU around, the Fantastic Four could be the catalyst to bring over the next phase of heroes who are going to remain alive post Infinity Wars pt 2. I find it necessary, but since we all presume that FF and X-Men can't live without Avengers, then so be it.

You have to realize X-MEN are coming into the MCU not the other way around. Y

You say Captain Marvel is a non entity but Im willing to bet anything her solo will outgross Dark Phoenix.

Black Panther would've been a success without Coogler. He did a great job but Black Panther would've popped with Ava as well.

Why do you want to repeat the same thing FOX just did with making X-MEN start out from Wolverine? We just had 20 years of that crap.

If Dark Phoenix comes out in 2019 who knows exactly what year MCU X-MEN launches?

You are so against mutants appearing in non X-MEN movies (this a freaking shared universe in case you forgot) that you just want no mutants on screen at all because it's beneath them to appear with non entities like Black Panther & Captain Marvel.

It could be years until X-MEN 1 goes to theaters it makes sense to introduce some mutants prior to the team debut
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-31-2018 at 04:17 AM.

this is a simple question:

do you want all the x-men to get better development at Marvel?

if so, the best route for this is to use some of them on spinoffs and other Marvel movies. plain and simple.

If MS only made Avengers 1, 2 and 3 these last 10 years, there is no way in hell we could have gotten half the material/development we got from the avengers introduced to date. So this applies to X-Men too, since they are... well... like 12 or so members.

The 90's was a long time ago. And we're about to get another FOXMEN movie in a few months that will bomb at the B.O. this has an effect on how the G.A. views the X-MEN.
    This is what I'm afraid of the most. DP may kill any public interest in 'another one of those X-Men' movies.

Even if it's received well the fatigue may be real...

One thing is almost a certainty, Disney won't touch Dark Phoenix probably ever after the two Fox versions. Sad. It should have been done right from the beginning. Makes me feel like Disney, in order to keep things fresh, are not going to do the X-Men traditionally. It's going to be some kind of weird Marvel Now version or something in order to completely stay away from what Fox did.

i disagree. when marvel gets the x-men back, i think they'll crush the avengers. the x-men are very relate able characters and have a rich and diverse history. i think they can really shine if handled by the proper studio

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    This is what I'm afraid of the most. DP may kill any public interest in 'another one of those X-Men' movies.

Even if it's received well the fatigue may be real...

One thing is almost a certainty, Disney won't touch Dark Phoenix probably ever after the two Fox versions. Sad. It should have been done right from the beginning. Makes me feel like Disney, in order to keep things fresh, are not going to do the X-Men traditionally. It's going to be some kind of weird Marvel Now version or something in order to completely stay away from what Fox did.
    they could try to do it like ultimate x-men. the first six volumes from mark miller were fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    they could try to do it like ultimate x-men. the first six volumes from mark miller were fantastic
    I would not be surprised at all. My dream-time fantasy of Jim Lee costumed live-action is over, realistically I think Disney will want to carve out their own X-Men away from what Fox has done and away from the expected 90's X-Men to keep things fresh.

You don't have blend the X-Men into this current Avengers MCU mythos. Just let this Thanos story end as is. The MCU doesn't have to be a long forever expanding story. They can exist as a finite story.

Nobody ever concerns themselves is Bale Batman fits into the DCEU story. People are smart enough to know that these are independent stories.

Once the Avengers MCU story ends, give it a breather and start a brand new phase one. Have it start with the FF if you want. This can be Earth-2. You can introduce a new set of Avengers and move on. I don't see the point or fascination with people hoping to see the X-Men tangle with this current iteration of Hollywood actors.
    They've built a legacy fans have responded to Phase 4 is planned the MCU is continuing and FF and X-Men will now be a part of it. From a financial point alone since 2012 and Avengers the MCU has had 1 film that made over 2 billion worldwide, 5 films to make a billion plus, & 3 films to make 800 million plus. Fox has never made that with any Marvel franchise. So the two questions are 1 who do you think Disney will abandon the MCU or XCU when looking at the numbers? 2 who will Disney give the X-Men too one of their potentially most lucrative franchises to Fox or Marvel Studios? I think the answers are clear.

I think Disney is going to make major announcements after Infinity Wars 2 comes out. That movie is going to change the MCU forever, with more major deaths, or with time or reality being altered to fix what happened in the first movie. There is an Eternals movie in the works too so I think it would make sense to introduce the Deviants and have them become the main bad guys for Phase 4 and have what's left of the Avengers reach out to the X-Men for help.
    Honestly, I would love to see a Phase 4 where the X-Men take the center-stage. There is a superhero fatigue that is going to set in among the general audience and I think mutants might be a good alternative because Disney can introduce new themes, like dealing with being an outcast instead of focusing on heroic character arcs.
    I'm not sure we'll see any movies about single X-Men characters since the X-Men have always been about teams and I think Disney learned a lesson with Solo.
    Last edited by Rover; 07-31-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think Disney is going to make major announcements after Infinity Wars 2 comes out. That movie is going to change the MCU forever, with more major deaths, or with time or reality being altered to fix what happened in the first movie. There is an Eternals movie in the works too so I think it would make sense to introduce the Deviants and have them become the main bad guys for Phase 4 and have what's left of the Avengers reach out to the X-Men for help.
    Honestly, I would love to see a Phase 4 where the X-Men take the center-stage. There is a superhero fatigue that is going to set in among the general audience and I think mutants might be a good alternative because Disney can introduce new themes, like dealing with being an outcast instead of focusing on heroic character arcs.
    I'm not sure we'll see any movies about single X-Men characters since the X-Men have always been about teams and I think Disney learned a lesson with Solo.
    I agree. This makes sense. Even if Feige got the go-ahead to start planning something for the X-men, chances are it'll be a while before anything takes shape. I think Avengers 4 will be a good time for Marvel to reveal the plans for the X-men, the F4, and the future of the MCU. A lot of actors are finishing their contracts with Avengers 4 and few have expressed an interest in re-signing. I think the MCU's future is going to be closely tied to how they incorporate the X-men into the mix and how they build off it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Can someone make a gif of Mickey Mouse wheeling Xavier into a moving truck?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?