Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    they could try to do it like ultimate x-men. the first six volumes from mark miller were fantastic
    While I liked most of what Millar did in his Ultimate X-Men, his The Ultimates was even better, and ultimately, his X-Men run was at least partially inspired by the Singer X1. The MCU was very wise to follow a lot of what Millar did in The Ultimates, as I thought that was the best the Avengers ever were(at least I and II), but Ultimate X-Men pales in comparison to Claremont's run. And honestly, other than a tiny bit of Wolverine and Magneto's arc, the Fox-Men films barely touched Claremont canon. If the MCU looked at that run more faithfully, the general audience would still be looking at fresh content.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Nothing going to happen for a long long time.
    The deal isn’t final until next year.
    Disney can’t and hasn’t made any decisions on F4 or X-Men.
    Legally Disney can’t talk and can’t have meetings about what to do with F4 and X-Men until the deal is final.
    Because the deal is pending, it’s illegal for Disney to tamper with Fox’s operations, and vice versa.
    Any little thing that is perceived as tampering would put the deal in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Legally Disney can’t talk and can’t have meetings about what to do with F4 and X-Men until the deal is final.
    Because the deal is pending, it’s illegal for Disney to tamper with Fox’s operations, and vice versa.
    Lol what is your point here? No need to come into a thread and rain on the parade...
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 08-01-2018 at 03:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Lol what is your point here? No need to come into a thread and rain on the parade...
    My point is nothing going to happen for years, that all.
    No need to get stuffy

They have ideas in the back of their heads where they want characters if they could use them. When Sony called to make the deal Feige just made a webshooter symbol with his hand and the writers knew that meant Spidey could be in Civil War. The deal was announced in 2015 he was in Civil War in 2016 had his own film by 2017 and in an Avengers film in 2018. Things can move faster than people think with cameos by 2020 and films in 2021.

I mean Marvel Studios for obvious reasons with them not wanting to tip their Infinity War hand outcome won't announce the films of Phase 4 till at least May 2019 by then the deal could be finalized.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They have ideas in the back of their heads where they want characters if they could use them. When Sony called to make the deal Feige just made a webshooter symbol with his hand and the writers knew that meant Spidey could be in Civil War. The deal was announced in 2015 he was in Civil War in 2016 had his own film by 2017 and in an Avengers film in 2018. Things can move faster than people think with cameos by 2020 and films in 2021.

I mean Marvel Studios for obvious reasons with them not wanting to tip their Infinity War hand outcome won't announce the films of Phase 4 till at least May 2019 by then the deal could be finalized.
    True, cameos could speed it up

That is not true. There has to be a back and forth between the two companies for a merger to happen. They have to figure out terms that work for both sides. But I think nothing is legally binding until the FTC approves the merger.
    Disney has definitely looked into what it would do with Fox properties to determine what the value is. There might not be anything official at this point, but they wouldn't spend $70 billion on Fox if they don't have a plan to generate profits with these properties. They have to show something tangible to their investors to justify the decision.
    The way I understand it, the immediate plan is to add Fox titles to a Disney streaming service. But I don't think it will be years before we see a Disney X-Men movie. We have a Feb 2019 release date for Dark Phoenix, Captain Marvel in March 19, Part 2 of Infinity Wars coming out in May 2019 and the Spider-Man sequel in July 2019. And then the New Mutants in August 2019. And nothing announced after that.
    I think a Phase 4 announcement with the X-Men in the MCU or an announcement for a separate X-Men universe is going to happen shortly after Infinity War 2. Disney has been really smart about getting people hyped for upcoming movies by making big announcements, releasing teasers six months in advance, and with the post-credit MCU scenes hinting at what future movies were going to be about. I can see them staying silent about the X-Men and Phase 4 until Infinity War 2 comes out because they can easily focus on promoting what could be the biggest thing the MCU ever released, but they are going to have a 'information void' to fill right after that comes out.
    And think back on the Star Wars acquisition...Disney bought Star Wars in October 2012. We saw the first teaser for the Force Awakens in November 2014. And that was for a film franchise that had been dormant for years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That is not true. There has to be a back and forth between the two companies for a merger to happen. They have to figure out terms that work for both sides. But I think nothing is legally binding until the FTC approves the merger.
    Disney has definitely looked into what it would do with Fox properties to determine what the value is. There might not be anything official at this point, but they wouldn't spend $70 billion on Fox if they don't have a plan to generate profits with these properties. They have to show something tangible to their investors to justify the decision.
    The way I understand it, the immediate plan is to add Fox titles to a Disney streaming service. But I don't think it will be years before we see a Disney X-Men movie. We have a Feb 2019 release date for Dark Phoenix, Captain Marvel in March 19, Part 2 of Infinity Wars coming out in May 2019 and the Spider-Man sequel in July 2019. And then the New Mutants in August 2019. And nothing announced after that.
    I think a Phase 4 announcement with the X-Men in the MCU or an announcement for a separate X-Men universe is going to happen shortly after Infinity War 2. Disney has been really smart about getting people hyped for upcoming movies by making big announcements, releasing teasers six months in advance, and with the post-credit MCU scenes hinting at what future movies were going to be about. I can see them staying silent about the X-Men and Phase 4 until Infinity War 2 comes out because they can easily focus on promoting what could be the biggest thing the MCU ever released, but they are going to have a 'information void' to fill right after that comes out.
    And think back on the Star Wars acquisition...Disney bought Star Wars in October 2012. We saw the first teaser for the Force Awakens in November 2014. And that was for a film franchise that had been dormant for years.
    No, it is true

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    This is what I'm afraid of the most. DP may kill any public interest in 'another one of those X-Men' movies.

Even if it's received well the fatigue may be real...

One thing is almost a certainty, Disney won't touch Dark Phoenix probably ever after the two Fox versions. Sad. It should have been done right from the beginning. Makes me feel like Disney, in order to keep things fresh, are not going to do the X-Men traditionally. It's going to be some kind of weird Marvel Now version or something in order to completely stay away from what Fox did.
    I think back when Days of Future Past came out and it couldn't make more than The Last Stand even though it had TWO casts of X-Men, not to mention a few other mutants from the future. Best X-Men movie IMO and it still fell short domestically than The Last Stand. To me that's fatigue in North America.

The first MCU X-Men movie will be the 8th X-Men movie in maybe a little over 20 years. That will be a hearty challenge for the mutants. And not to use the Dark Phoenix storyline hurts. Thankfully there's lots of source material they can use.

So, in Spider-Man: Far From Home's second trailer, they say spoilers:
    Mysterio is apparently from a different universe who got snapped in here. He could be just lying, though. But if it's true, then we can be pretty sure that that's how they're going to introduce mutants.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    LOL if there's some convoluted reality-warping explanation for their existence instead of just being genetic mutations that have remained hidden
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spoilers:
    LOL if there's some convoluted reality-warping explanation for their existence instead of just being genetic mutations that have remained hidden
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It could be mixture of both. The reality warping just starts giving some people mutations.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think X-Men will be introduced in a different reality. Then we go to Hickman`s Avengers run with Universes colliding. This means we will see Avengers vs X-Men and Russo`s will return for epic Secret Wars Event that will turn both Universes into 1.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

This would probably explain why Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan asked

spoilers:

Hugh Jackman to come back as Wolverine.
    end of spoilers

Though I think it was for a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So, in Spider-Man: Far From Home's second trailer, they say spoilers:
    Mysterio is apparently from a different universe who got snapped in here. He could be just lying, though. But if it's true, then we can be pretty sure that that's how they're going to introduce mutants.
    end of spoilers
    I think that would make sense, but it may be a misdirect. We've seen those before.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.