Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    If Disney is still paying Sophie and Tye to appear as Scott and Jean in Deadpool 3 or X-Force in 2020 then they are not being recast.
    Eh, if anyone has the money to break a contract, it's Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Josh Brolin is already Thanos in the MCU. And Deadpool 2 or a pre-MCU Deadpool 3 or X-Force could already establish his Cable as Tye Sheridan and Sophie Turner's son. So that's complicated as it is and even if Scott/Jean are racebent in the MCU, Deadpool could just use it as joke fodder, "Your parents are now black, and you are a giant purple elf!" *shrug*

Where's this avalanche of black characters? Storm, Bishop (who needs the entire timey wimey deal to appear), Monet (who is the younger generation) and... Frenzy. Maybe Synch too.

I would love it if all these characters appear in the first MCU film but it doesn't seem very feasible. If Scott and Jean (or heck, even Charles) are going to be played by a third set of actors, may as well have them be different races. What's "iconic" about their skin color anyway?
    Bishop doesn't need the timey wimey stuff at first. That can come later.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Eh, if anyone has the money to break a contract, it's Disney.
    Disney has expressed interested in the current X-slate. So they will likely let them play out and then reboot afterwards. I remember Kevin Feige saying they currently don’t have enough room for a X-Men movie, so they should be in no rush.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Disney has expressed interested in the current X-slate. So they will likely let them play out and then reboot afterwards. I remember Kevin Feige saying they currently don’t have enough room for a X-Men movie, so they should be in no rush.
    It's not like they have an option. They can't use any of these characters or make any decision while the merger is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoletta View Post
    It's not like they have an option. They can't use any of these characters or make any decision while the merger is going on.
    He was speaking in the context of when the merging was done.

I don't think it's necessary to change any of the X-Men's race. To change say Cyclops' race screams SJW and it's needless because the team is already pleasantly multi-racial and I think it works very well now and always has. Marvel already broke all kinds of political fourth walls if you will with the whole Iceman thing. Cringe-worthy in my opinion and I bear no ill-will toward being gay.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

"In the comic books, there was this great panel at the time, where Magneto would use his magnetic powers to take a gun and split it into all its component parts. So it was an amazing drawing and I had it up on my desk. And I went, 'wouldn't it be cool to do that?' No. We couldn't do that. We had wires that lifted up a shotgun and turned it around."

"One day," Feige added,
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

We kinda show that down on film.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Bishop doesn't need the timey wimey stuff at first. That can come later.
    I tend to agree actually. Bishop being a federal agent of some sort who manifests mutant powers could be a fine origin story for him. Even better if he works for the MRD or some sort of task force assigned to deal with mutants, and then his latent powers manifest. Something like that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

lolol there hasn't even been anything made yet and people are whining about how bad it will be???? how does that even work? lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol there hasn't even been anything made yet and people are whining about how bad it will be???? how does that even work? lol
    Welcome to the internet, where preemptive overreaction (both positive and negative) is the name of the game.

It was weird that Feige mentioned an idea for a scene that already happened in a previous X-Movie, but I don't blame him for wanting to scrub X3 from his memory.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I tend to agree actually. Bishop being a federal agent of some sort who manifests mutant powers could be a fine origin story for him. Even better if he works for the MRD or some sort of task force assigned to deal with mutants, and then his latent powers manifest. Something like that.
    Yeah I would do what you suggest except instead of it manifesting, I would just make it that people find out he is a mutant. So he knew but his coworkers did not. Then he has to deal with some mistrust from some of his coworkers as well as the mutants he is hunting feeling betrayed.

Then in later movies, perhaps one of his coworkers or an X-man starts digging into his past and realizes his past is made up beyond say 10 years ago which is what results in him having to admit that he is from the future and became a law enforcement officer in the present to better prepare to for some impending catastrophe.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

That could be a cool take on Bishop. Especially with Cable now in the films and time travel having been established.

Full physical time travel I mean. Not just the “sending your consciousness back to your past body” stuff we saw Kitty Pryde do with Logan in DoFP.

It's unfortunate that Feige isn't doing 1-on-1 interviews for BP. That's where he always drops hints on the future. Guess he's avoiding X-MEN questions...... :-(
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

the Marvel Studios head honcho said the specifics of the deal were

"above his pay grade"
    “The truth of the matter, as I understand it, is the deal has to be figured out. There’s been no communication. We’re not thinking about it. We’re focusing on everything we’ve already announced. If and when the deal actually happens, we’ll start to think more about it. Until then, we have a lot to do.”
    “It would be years away,"
    Feige replied when asked if he had thought about attempting to utilize any of Fox's character for the current MCU slate.

"We’ve announced everything through 2019, so none of those would be adjusted.”