Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

None of that should really come as a shock

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I suggest we just use this thread instead of the future of the X-MEN in films thread...

TCI Votes in Favor of Disney's Offer for Fox Assets
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

We've never been closer than now. Between the shareholders vote and the confirmation of the new Uncanny X-Men details, this Summer is definitely going to be one to remember for all X-fans.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    We've never been closer than now. Between the shareholders vote and the confirmation of the new Uncanny X-Men details, this Summer is definitely going to be one to remember for all X-fans.

From what I've read I think Disney has until 90 days after the vote to sell off all of FOX's Regional Sports Network's and then the deal can be officially complete.

So I'm thinking it'll be all over by October at the latest.

Then the waiting game for the first appearance of a X-MEN/FF character begins.

I predict Silver Surfer to be the first FOX character to appear in Marvel-Proper.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-26-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-26-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    "Change is like death. You don't know what it looks like till you're standing at the gates." - Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I still think there needs to be a shareholder vote, which is scheduled for today or tomorrow, I believe. After that, it's basically done. There are probably some more logistical issues to manage, but I think the hardest parts are finished.

What this means for the X-men is anyone's guess. I think this will effect the X-men Dark Phoenix reshoots that are scheduled for September. I also think it'll effect New Mutants, which will probably get even more reshoots. But we probably aren't going to know the details for a while. Here's to hoping for the best.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The Walt Disney Company’s Special Meeting of Shareholders

The special meeting of shareholders of The Walt Disney Company will be webcast live beginning at 10:00 a.m. EDT / 7:00 a.m. PDT on July 27, 2018

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-27-2018 at 05:41 AM.

Oh happy day! I've waited so many years for this and its finally happening.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This is a great day to be an X-fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Oh happy day! I've waited so many years for this and its finally happening.

Few more hurdle's that are more like formalities at this point.

Overseas vote, Selling the RSN's etc

So I think the new projection is early 2019 to be officially done

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-27-2018 at 07:39 AM.

The hardest part is already over, at least.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    This is a great day to be an X-fan.
    yes it is. the time where we will finally see a proper xmen movie is upon us!! woohoo
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    omg I'm near tears!! by the bright lady...
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!