Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    There was some discussion in another thread about a place for people who read various series through Marvel Unlimited to discuss six month old comics. Reviews, discussion, whatever. Hey, if you just read them, they're new to you!

So, in this thread, let's pretend it's six months ago. We've just seen the end of Battle of the Atom, the Ultimate Universe is heading into Cataclysm, and Infinity is in full swing. No spoilers for anything past the Marvel Unlimited release window. Cool? Cool.

Personally, Cataclysm is the event that's interesting me right now. I'd been out of the Ultimate U for a few years, but I caught up on Ultimate Spider-Man (love the new team concept) and I followed the Hunger mini-series (mostly for Galactus). I'm curious to see how the UU will get out of the Galactus mess, given how scaled-up the big guy is after Hunger.
    Seriously awesome idea!

Yeah, I was all hyped up for Cataclysm 6 months ago when I decided to take a 6 month absence from new stuff, so I'm really foaming at the mouth for it now. I'm a HUGE Ultimate fan and I don't want to see it end. More importantly, I don't want to see Reed die. Good, bad, whatever, the guy is interesting. First issue went fast, but fun. I had to read the 0.1 spoilers on Marvel Wiki since MU didn't have it uploaded. I was expecting more from Infinity. The Avengers and all the space empires vs an unstoppable force... er... nevermind. Thor killed one of them and now they're all going down like a pack of sweet muffins. Seriously? All that build up to make the builders look awesome and they're beaten in one issue (or at least seemingly beaten).

I read Longshot saves the Marvel Universe #1 today. Its really peaked my interest. Its mini-series like this, that makes subscribing to MU worth it. I'd never make room in my budget to buy this comic, but I'd totally read it if it was available to me digitally.

maybe we could have a reading club style setup with a few must reads of the week so we can discuss...I dropped Ultimate Spider-Man a few issues after MIles became Spidey. i hear it's a top quality book though. I will give it another shot on MU. Only one issue of Cataclysm up on MU?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Seriously awesome idea!

Yeah, I was all hyped up for Cataclysm 6 months ago when I decided to take a 6 month absence from new stuff, so I'm really foaming at the mouth for it now.
    I'm with you on Cataclysm, I'm going to read it soon. I stopped at the Hunger mini and didn't continue.

And for way way old retro reading, I picked up Byrne's classic Alpha Flight #1.

All-New Member

Highlights on this Monday's batch:

-All-New X-Men: This series usually isn't good enough for me to comment on--though it's good enough for me to read and I appreciate it a lot--but this issue was just too cute. The Magik and Kitty Pryde stuff.
    -Amazing X-Men: Jesus Christ this issue was perfect. So sad that Aaron's off the series already.
    -MK Spider-Man and Mighty Avengers: Man, between Ewing's writing and Rudy's art, this adds up to exactly one perfect comic.

Fantastic Member

Default Marvel Unlimited Subscribers -- What Are you Reading?

I was curious what other Marvel Unlimited Subscribers are currently reading, so I thought I'd start a thread. I thought I'd break it up into two sections --

1) Pre-Marvel Now (so sometime prior to 2012...though it can be much earlier, I just used that as my break-off point)? For me, I recently read X-Force/Uncanny X-Force (2008-2012).

2) Are you reading any post Marvel Now (2012-present...ok...to 6 months ago)?

1) Still plowing through David's second run on X-Factor. Up to issue 50 now. After a hectic time-hopping year-long arc, I'm remember for it to go noir again. Also started the daunting task of re-reading Bendis' enormous run on Avengers and related titles. So far up to the second arc of mighty avengers, and just read Secret War and the first arc of The Pulse. It's certainly better reading this stuff on chunks than waiting on the monthlies.

2) I read a tonne of new stuff on MU every week, pretty everything outside of the all-ages and ultimate lines. Selectively, my favourites are probably Avengers Arena, Superior Spider-Man and the Bendis X-books (I pick up Avengers team and solo titles in floppy so I'm more up to date with them)

Did you enjoy Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force? I thought it was a really tight run (except the short arc with Captain Britain and that inscrutable Tochinni art). The two Marvel Now X-Force books really saw a drop in quality in my opinion.
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spenny View Post
    1) Still plowing through David's second run on X-Factor. Up to issue 50 now. After a hectic time-hopping year-long arc, I'm remember for it to go noir again. Also started the daunting task of re-reading Bendis' enormous run on Avengers and related titles. So far up to the second arc of mighty avengers, and just read Secret War and the first arc of The Pulse. It's certainly better reading this stuff on chunks than waiting on the monthlies.

2) I read a tonne of new stuff on MU every week, pretty everything outside of the all-ages and ultimate lines. Selectively, my favourites are probably Avengers Arena, Superior Spider-Man and the Bendis X-books (I pick up Avengers team and solo titles in floppy so I'm more up to date with them)

Did you enjoy Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force? I thought it was a really tight run (except the short arc with Captain Britain and that inscrutable Tochinni art). The two Marvel Now X-Force books really saw a drop in quality in my opinion.
    Thanks for the reply! I think X-Factor was one of the first I tackled, but I think I was caught up with what was loaded -- dropped the service for a short time, so I know I have some to catch up on.

I really enjoyed the Uncanny X-Force series. The Captain Britain arc was a little odd, and there was a lot of time-travel/displacement/alternate universe stuff, but the stories were still solid.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Funnily enough I'm also reading David's X Factor, (again). I've also just finished Dan Slott's run on SheHulk, which is brilliant.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Funnily enough I'm also reading David's X Factor, (again). I've also just finished Dan Slott's run on SheHulk, which is brilliant.
    I'll put that on my list to read. I did read Amazing Spiderman Issues # 648-700 as a prep for Superior Spiderman.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'm currently reading X-force by Kyle and Yost, Exiles, Thunderbolts by Parker and I've tried practically all Marvel Now books I thought were interesting.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Merged the new thread with E.D.'s first thread, just read his notes first on spoilers. For now I'm reading classic Avengers and Fantastic Four issues.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

I've been reading through New Mutants from right after the battle at Utopia. I've been liking it so far.
    I went through and read up on Uncanny X-Force up until the end. I loved it, especially the Fall of Archangel arc.

Is this thread now merged with the other Marvel Unlimited thread here?

No; that thread talked about the Marvel Unlimited interface but not about issues.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I see Wolverine The Adamantium Collection has been up for a day or two on MU. It still won't load properly though...