Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mamylon View Post
    Highlights on this Monday's batch:

-All-New X-Men: This series usually isn't good enough for me to comment on--though it's good enough for me to read and I appreciate it a lot--but this issue was just too cute. The Magik and Kitty Pryde stuff.
    -Amazing X-Men: Jesus Christ this issue was perfect. So sad that Aaron's off the series already.
    -MK Spider-Man and Mighty Avengers: Man, between Ewing's writing and Rudy's art, this adds up to exactly one perfect comic.
    I read and loved Amazing X-Men #1. I was surprised how pleased I was to see Firestar. I didn't realize I had much attachment to her before. She served as a nice humor device throughout the comic, though. She just wants to teach her class!

All-New Member

Anyone who hasn't been reading Bendis' X-Men: the issue of Uncanny (#14) that just dropped on MU today is a magnificent done-in-one story. Probably the first issue where BMB wrote an actually recognizable Emma Frost. My favorite issue of the run so far.

Young Avengers was also particularly perfect today.

Avengers A.I. #6 was cool. The Schiti art helped

Currently reading Secret Avengers Vol. 1 and Uncanny X-Force on MU.
    "Relax. I'm far too borderline psychotic to feel pain." - MK.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Just finished X-Force by Kyle and Yost and reread all the Superior Foes issues on Marvel Unlimited (I'm telling you, you have to read that!). Also waiting impatiently on the time when Avengers Undercover will hit. Loved Avengers arena
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

well folks any good stuff you're reading? Should we do some sort of MU book club. read some issues/ a series and chat here?

Spectacular Member

Thanks everyone for reminding me about marvel unlimited. I havent bought a subscription in about 5 months, but seeing that infinity is out on there now Ill be getting me a month soon.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I just started reading Infinity and am really blown away by how good it is. Much better than Age of Ultron.

Spectacular Member

Just read the first issue of fearless defenders and the second issue didnt load all the way. Although so far from what I did read I am surprised this series lasted 12 issues. It so far in my opinion is average to below average. Was trying to read the whole series at one sitting, but little turned off.

All-New Member

Fearless Defenders did not live up to its concept or cast by a long shot, from what I've read of it. Brian Wood's X-Men is doing a bit better at filling the lady-driven superhero book niche, though I didn't like the first arc so much.

Things that were good this week: Young Avengers (obviously), Superior Spider-Man (how many subplots can this series advance in a single issue? it outdid itself with issue 23), X-Men Legacy (I love Blindfold!)

I'm also really into Joe Casey's story starting in Amazing Spider-Man 700.3. Casey just knows how to do clever stuff with superheroes.

I would like to do a book club, but I feel like we've all read very different stuff.

Spectacular Member

Read a little more Fearless Defenders, but not impressed. Im glad you can get just a one month membership cus the website is having a lot of technical difficulties. I tried to read onslaught reborn, more fearless defenders, and thanos rising and the site was coming up with page not found messages and not loading the books.

check out the reading club recommendation on Marvel Unlimited this time around it's the Kree-Skrull War. I've added it to my library and will read it over the next few days. Anyone else reading it??

Totally resurrecting this thread as I'm reading new (for me) comics and have no spoiler free place to discuss - as well as finding new recommendations!

Just read all of ultimate Spider-Man and really liking Miles now - now cataclysm ended looking forward to All new ultimate and his relaunch series!

Ms Marvel: gotta say with all the hype I still didn't pick it up. Read it on here and love it. Cannot wait to see where this is heading
    Loki agent of Asgard: I think I'm in love with him...don't judge me! And the reveal of his comeback was awesome but worrying - don't know if it's a one-or-other deal but I'm rooting for teen Loki
    Uncanny avengers - enjoy the look of Planet X but annoys me Beast is the 'only' one who questioned the scenario and is helping alex.
    New and mighty avengers - such different titles but love both concepts
    Xforce - gotta admit I'm usually an X reader above all else and this didn't really grab my attention after first issue - worth sticking with?

Annoying to write on my phone so will post more later but any suggestions of what to start reading?

Spectacular Member

I read first issue of silver surfer and thought it was great. Also read the first two issues of Ms. Marvel and I was blown away about how it feels different then all the other marvel books out. Nice look into another culture and the art was awesome. Only complaints Im having right now are FF and Fearless Defenders. The issues arent loading good for me. I already put a request in to have them fixed but if anyone else is interested in these series you might want to do the same. FF # 5 of the most recent series pops up with no dialog and Fearless Defenders 4 and 5 do not work well either.

Fantastic Member

Just subscribed to Marvel Unlimited last month and have so far read more Marvel comics in 2 months than I have in my whole life. I am primarily a DC fan but have never really been into Marvel that much. This app is helping me get an appreciation for Marvel books.

My favorites so far:

Ms. Marvel (new series)
    Avengers Arena
    Young Avengers (first series)
    early New Avengers
    Avengers around issue 300+
    All New X-Men

This app is such a great thing! I am now a Marvel fan too