Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Age of Apocalypse, Avengers Arena, Wolverine Weapon X (from Marvel Comics Presents) and Uncanny X-Force #1-18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Warren Ellis' Ruins and Stan Lee and Moebius' Silver Surfer if you haven't read it yet.
    Thank you both.

I'll be checking some of these out for sure.

Tried to read AoA once, but had no time to focus on it. It seemed extremely cool though.

Ruins does not seem to be available unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Thank you both.

I'll be checking some of these out for sure.

Tried to read AoA once, but had no time to focus on it. It seemed extremely cool though.

Ruins does not seem to be available unfortunately.
    Strange that it is not available. I've checked the Silver Surfer mini and it is not availabe either. Such a shame, it is a little masterpiece.

I also remember enjoying the mini Spider-Man Reign. That one should be available.

Strange that it is not available. I've checked the Silver Surfer mini and it is not availabe either. Such a shame, it is a little masterpiece.

I also remember enjoying the mini Spider-Man Reign. That one should be available.
    Yeah I liked Reign too. The ending was surprisingly positive.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant_Lover View Post
    I actually don't mind pre 2000...was being generalised I guessed. Egg. Read deadpool run from 98...maybe it's the late 90s that are okay? I don't know. BUT read 191....wow....

That was an amazing story. Is all of millers run like that? Very powerful story and was hooked from first page....maybe I'll read some of the rest.... I mean. I'm on issue 90 of the Bru run.

Yes, that kingpin moment was amazing, I also love how they revisited it with the girl during the meeting at the church (the issues with the 10commandments as the covers) and I was so happy when Milla returned, and literally gasped out loud with the Foggy reveal....ah I haven't been into a comic this much for so long. And the best thing is that every issue is at an amazing standard, the only Arc that annoyed me was the echo vision quest as I think there w away too much repetition, however it looked gorgeous and was well done.

Yay daredevil!
    Like most Miller books, his DD run is full of memorable moments that just stick in your brain and never let go. The Miller run from the moment that he also takes over as writer (#168, which is also the first appearmace of Elektra) is definitely worth a read. So is the mini Man Without Fear by Miller. But what you really need to read is Born Again (#227-233) which is easily the best Daredevil story ever made. Miller wrote it in 1986 and like Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One it is full of memorable moments and great action.

Waid's Daredevil is good too but it's a different tone than Miller's/Bendis's/Brubaker's runs.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Silver Surfer Parable is available though it's called Silver Surfer by Moebius and Lee or something like that. Very weird
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Silver Surfer Parable is available though it's called Silver Surfer by Moebius and Lee or something like that. Very weird
    Yeah, probably. Marvel's webpage is an effing mess. I miss the pre-tablets Unlimted service.

Yeah, probably. Marvel's webpage is an effing mess. I miss the pre-tablets Unlimted service.
    Was that one different? I hate reading from my laptop so I started Marvel Unlimited when they started the app. I always read on my Samsung Galaxy S4 which is a big enough screen for me.

Was that one different? I hate reading from my laptop so I started Marvel Unlimited when they started the app. I always read on my Samsung Galaxy S4 which is a big enough screen for me.
    Back then, the Unlimited service was completely separated from the general comics section. It had its own separated datalist with only the available comics and different view modes for browsing. Searching for something interesting you'd never heard about was easier.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Back then, the Unlimited service was completely separated from the general comics section. It had its own separated datalist with only the available comics and different view modes for browsing. Searching for something interesting you'd never heard about was easier.
    The desktop/laptop reader was way better too. The new one glitches so badly you cant read on it. The only way to read without the phone app is with a tablet, on maximum zoom set to one page. Its ridiculous. The app is really good though.
    Cyclops was right

The service is still great value for money my renewal is up at the end of Feb and I'll be signing up for another year. I've gone digital (MU) for singles and still collect trades and PICs.

I'm reading Simonson's Thor right now. I wish I could get the omnibus for a decent price.
    We need better comics

All-New Member

Hate the interface. So buggy.

Just caught up with about 10 issue of Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers. Wonderful stuff. The scale and ambition of these books is extraordinary. Just about to start Aaron's last days of Midgard in the mighty thor series. Another fantastic book to date. Spider-Verse has been a total treat too.viva Marvel Unlimited.

All-New Member

two things. does anyone else get a load error and the little nuclear spinning icon as it is trying to load pages?

i sold all my old comics years ago so this app is perfect to go back and re-read uncanny xmen 175+
    Peter Davids Hulk
    original Secret Wars
    John Byrnes Submariner
    to bask in Silvestri's mastery of the mutant pencil

just great times...back before the internet and spoilers and being giddy that my latest copies of inferno would be in my mailbox....:sigh:

I often have to back out and re-load pages. Both the internet version and iPad versions are still annoyingly buggy about that.

But, this is such a great service. I love going back an re-reading classic issues from the mid-70's to early-80's that I grew up on. And there are so many current series that I'm interested in but not super hyped about that I don't mind reading 6 months later (a lot of the Secret Wars tie-ins fit into that category). If it's something I really enjoy then I'll seek out the trades. So Marvel is still usually getting my money
    Last edited by klynn; 07-30-2015 at 12:35 PM.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers