Mighty Member

Default Star wars Epic Collection

How are they? Are they canon like the Marvel Star Wars and how is it Defferent .Im a little confused as to whats canon and not and should i check them out

Pretty much every Star Wars comic published before Marvel getting the license back in 2014 is considered non-canon and relegated to "Legends" (with the possible exception of the movie adaptations). However, regardless of their continuity/canon etc. there's still some pretty good stuff there- the Dark Horse Clone Wars stuff is pretty good (although pretty different from the animated/canon approach to the war) as well as the "Rogue Squadron" comics. Legacy and Knights of the Old Republic are well worth a look as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Thats Except the movies and tv shows like Star wars clone wars and Rebels with is still Lucas.So in 2014 Lucas sold star wars to Disney but he still has a hand in Rebels thats currently going

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Thats Except the movies and tv shows like Star wars clone wars and Rebels with is still Lucas.So in 2014 Lucas sold star wars to Disney but he still has a hand in Rebels thats currently going
    No he does not. Lucas has had no hands in anything Star Wars related after he sold Lucasfilm.

Mighty Member

Lucas did with Clone wars but Rebels started in 2014 so i don't know if he had a hand in that since the timeline is after episode 3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Lucas did with Clone wars but Rebels started in 2014 so i don't know if he had a hand in that since the timeline is after episode 3
    If he had a hand in it his name would be legally required to be in the credits.
    The deal with Disney was in 2012.

The Clone Wars CGI is still considered canon, yes-and I think at least one of the Dark Horse comics based on Darth Maul (Son of Dathomir, I think) is considered canon as it was based on one of the unfinished season 6 arcs. Clone Wars-although cancelled-seems to have generally been accepted as Lucas canon, possibly because he worked fairly closely with David Filoni on it, and it was already overriding other EU's accounts of the war, as well as some elements like the Mandalorians (Which in part caused Karen Traviss to leave the franchise).

Certainly as Rebels proved, certain elements can be transferred to the new canon. The second arc for Marvel's new series, for instance, is set on Nar Shadda, the Hutt moon introduced in the "Dark Empire" series.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth