Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Yes I know about the Kane - Finger situation. But I will watch the documentary to see how much of the beginning run he wrote, because that is what I was talking about

The answer, as you've probably gathered by now, is virtually NONE. I'm so eager to hear your response once you've read it since you're my favorite Bat-fan on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You misspelled Bill Finger.
    How did I misspell his name?

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The answer, as you've probably gathered by now, is virtually NONE. I'm so eager to hear your response once you've read it since you're my favorite Bat-fan on the boards.
    Aww thanks Batman! Yes I will watch the documentary soon

They meant you should have spelled Batman's creator B-I-L-L F-I-N-G-E-R, not Bob Kane.

BANNED

I wanted it to keep it at 5 each, Doug barely missed out. Starlin was another I considered.

King I'll judge when his work his over.

BANNED

Frank Miller, Alan Grant, Grant Morrison, Doug Moench, Denny O'Neil, Paul Dini, and Steve Englehart. All valid contenders. Peter Milligan and Jim Starlin were great as well, but Milligan didn't write enough and Starlin's run was too inconsistent for me. I loved Wein's run, but I wouldn't put it in a "greatest of all time" list.

Those are the greats as far as I'm concerned. Nobody else even comes close in my opinion. Not Snyder, not Dixon, Loeb, Tomasi, Brubaker, or whoever else people like to usually namedrop. And it sure as hell isn't King, who is not only not even close to finishing his run, but whose run so far has been a complete maelstrom in a constant state of flux between treasure and trash. Also his dialogue and characterization is poor on a far-too-consistent basis. I say that admitting fully-well that he's a great writer and that, for all his faults, his Batman run is not in the least bit boring.

BANNED

Yes I know about the Kane - Finger situation. But I will watch the documentary to see how much of the beginning run he wrote, because that is what I was talking about
    Bob Kane never wrote any Batman. He was the artist. I think even Kane would have agreed on that.

What BatmanJones said.

Azzarello.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Azzarello.
    I don't count six issues as a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't count six issues as a run.
    That was the beauty of it. One brilliant, short run and done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Frank Miller, Alan Grant, Grant Morrison, Doug Moench, Denny O'Neil, Paul Dini, and Steve Englehart. All valid contenders. Peter Milligan and Jim Starlin were great as well, but Milligan didn't write enough and Starlin's run was too inconsistent for me. I loved Wein's run, but I wouldn't put it in a "greatest of all time" list.
    Frank Miller also never had a real Batman run imo, the 4 issues of Year One are the only Batman stories he ever wrote that are part of an ongoing Batman series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That was the beauty of it. One brilliant, short run and done.
    A filler arc is not a run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Frank Miller also never had a real Batman run imo, the 4 issues of Year One are the only Batman stories he ever wrote that are part of an ongoing Batman series.
    That's a bit of a pedantic detail, but a fair one if we're strictly talking runs on the Batman serial. I just personally find it remiss to not mention Frank Miller when discussing the greatest Batman writers.