Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Tony would probably just buy up all the real estate in Gotham City and have it paved over.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Tony would probably just buy up all the real estate in Gotham City and have it paved over.
    Tony would become a villain

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Night wing.
    Batgirl.
    Birds of Prey.
    Batwoman.
    I said Batman was the only GUY in Gotham fighting for it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tony would become a villain
    But in Gotham City--how would you notice?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Stark sees atrocities every bit as horrible as Batman on a routine basis, often with a sci-fi twist, and he handles it just fine. Yes, he's an alcoholic, but he's one who used that experience to grow in terms of willpower exponentially. He's not going to be driven to drink by Gotham anymore than he's driven to drink by the global horrors he witnesses.
    But it will be funny when he finds out that the Penguin has been adding subtle amounts of Alchohol to whatever he's drinking.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I said Batman was the only GUY in Gotham fighting for it.
    You'll have to explain why that is important.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Every time Tony is off on an Avengers mission, criminals would spring up like weeds.

He ramps up the security at Belle Reve and Arkham, but eventually someone like Calculator who can manipulate tech mentally subverts it.

Then there's the story where Scarecrow modifies his fear gas so everyone is terrified of technology more complex than a horse and cart. Suddenly Tony can't even bear to look at his armor, much less wear it.

Let's not even get into the merry dance Selina Kyle will be leading him in.

I don't see Tony being more effective than Bruce. Not less, but not more either.

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    I’m kind of curious about how Tony would handle the psychological aspects of it all. I mean, it’s weird to me and maybe I just haven’t read enough Marvel, but, for being set in a “real” world and a “real” city, it seems like a lot of the MU guys don’t really see heinous **** happening on the level like Batman does. I mean, I think guys like Castle or Matt Murdock would probably have a better time acclimating themselves to Gotham as they, themselves, are dealing with the street level **** that Batman often finds himself embroiled in, but I tend to think Tony is a bit sheltered up in his ivory tower, and I’d be curious to how he’d react to something like Joker gassing a bus full of kids or Crane making people go so insane with fear that they tear their own eyes out.

Truth is: I don’t see it happening. Especially with stuff like “Demon in A Bottle.” Tony’s worst enemy in Gotham wouldn’t be The Joker or Two-Face or Mr. Freeze, it’d be Tony, and, inevitably, his self-destructive habits would rear their ugly head again and he’d be so desperate to numb himself to all the atrocities he’d witnessed that you’d be more apt to find him in the local watering hole, piss drunk with Harvey Bullock, while his suit rusts away in the Batcave. Tony Stark just isn’t resilient enough to withstand the cesspool that is Gotham, in my opinion. Now, Frank Castle, on the other hand? Yeah, he’d have that city cleaned up in a matter of days. The GCPD is so corrupt that they’d probably see him gun down one of the “freaks” in broad daylight in the middle of the street and think “**** it. Saves us from doing our jobs,” so, I don’t see the super criminals standing much of a chance.

His biggest obstacle probably would be dealing with the guys like the Maronis and Falcones of that world on account of how the GCPD would pretty much act as their own private army if they had some lone wolf psycho hunting them down and blowing their operations to smithereeens.
    If you think Tony hasn't see some deep dark stuff and would just fall apart you don't know a thing about Tony Stark.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    If you think Tony hasn't see some deep dark stuff and would just fall apart you don't know a thing about Tony Stark.
    I don't think anyone's saying that Tony hasn't seen dark stuff. But Arkham's on a whole nother level.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

In what way? Because its architecture looks like it dresses at Hot-Topic? He's seen plenty of gruesome murder and depravity, often with a sci-fi twist.

Extraordinary Member

In what way? Because its architecture looks like it dresses at Hot-Topic?
    It's more like the other way around, seeing as Arkham and it's inmates came first.

He's seen plenty of gruesome murder and depravity, often with a sci-fi twist.
    Again, not saying he hasn't. But does Marvel even have an equivalent to Arkham or The Joker? The closest I can think of off of the top of my head is Ravencroft, but that doesn't even really compare.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It's more like the other way around, seeing as Arkham and it's inmates came first.

Again, not saying he hasn't. But does Marvel even have an equivalent to Arkham or The Joker? The closest I can think of off of the top of my head is Ravencroft, but that doesn't even really compare.
    Joker? You mean someone who uses poison to give people a rictus? Red Skull's been doing something very similar since the beginning of the Marvel Universe.

Joker? You mean someone who uses poison to give people a rictus? Red Skull's been doing something very similar since the beginning of the Marvel Universe.
    Isn't Red Skull more of a Captain America villain?

Extraordinary Member

Yes, because let's pretend that The Joker didn't do it first by at least a year and that that 's the only heinous thing he's ever done.

I'm just saying that despite his rep, Joker pretty much does the same stuff as dozens of other villains. He tortures, he murders in gruesome fashion, he kills people the hero cares about.