Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Tony cannot even prevent crime from happening in New York. All of Marvel's major superheroes are in New York and they can't solve it. Tony wouldn't be able to do **** in Gotham.
    Does that say something about Marvel heroes that they're all bunched up together in one city and haven't really seemed to make anymore of a dent in crime then the DC heroes who usually only keep to one city ?

Was gonna say. Batman is pretty much the only guy who is in Gotham, fighting for it. Tony has literally dozens of superhero cohorts fighting with him and still New York is unsafe, has cosmic level disasters, and so on. If Tony came to Gotham to help out, and had to do it alone, he'd give up within a year.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-26-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was about to say ...
    As was I. Tony has so far failed to clean up his version of New York, how could he clean up Gotham which one could argue is even worse?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Was gonna say. Batman is pretty much the only guy who is in Gotham, fighting for it. Tony has literally dozens of superhero cohorts fighting with him and still New York is unsafe, has cosmic level disasters, and so on. If Tony came to Gotham to help out, and had to do it alone, he'd give up within a year.
    You don't know Tony Stark if you think he would give up in a year.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Also, Tony Stark so far has failed to wipe out crime in New York.
    Yep. If he couldn't do that in NY with ALL of his super human buddies, how is he going to wipe out crime in Gotham? He wouldn't. As soon as the Joker or some villain saw Tony take off his helmet and realized who he was, they would kill him when he wasn't expecting it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does that say something about Marvel heroes that they're all bunched up together in one city and haven't really seemed to make anymore of a dent in crime then the DC heroes who usually only keep to one city ?
    And it's all the MAJOR heroes too, not just one major hero (Batman) and his spin-off characters.

I honestly think I'd rather live in a post-Bat Family Gotham City than I would in Marvel New York.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And it's all the MAJOR heroes too, not just one major hero (Batman) and his spin-off characters.

I honestly think I'd rather live in a post-Bat Family Gotham City than I would in Marvel New York.
    And consider just how many times Marvel New York gets leveled? While Gotham has some damage here and there and they've had a few major issues like Zero Year and No Man's Land it doesn't get leveled on a weekly basis.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Also, Tony Stark so far has failed to wipe out crime in New York.
    Hahahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yep. If he couldn't do that in NY with ALL of his super human buddies, how is he going to wipe out crime in Gotham? He wouldn't. As soon as the Joker or some villain saw Tony take off his helmet and realized who he was, they would kill him when he wasn't expecting it.
    If Tony can beat the Mandarin. He could beat the Joker.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yes, there are a lot of other superheroes in New York, but there are even more super villains in NY, and those villains typically operate on a lot higher level than Batman's foes do. Nothing against Batman here, but most of his enemies are normal people with a gimic, often some kind of eccentric mobster or bank robber types (even though they've tried to move away from those, it's the base element of many of his foes.) Hisguys are designed to fight a really smart human with gadgets.

New York is filled with villains that are designed to fight people like Spider-man, Iron Man, and Thor. With perhaps one or two exceptions, most of Gotham's enemies could move to NY and it wouldn't even make a blip in the crime statistics.

And consider just how many times Marvel New York gets leveled?
    I can't think of a single time New York was leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of other superheroes in New York, but there are even more super villains in NY, and those villains typically operate on a lot higher level than Batman's foes do. Nothing against Batman here, but most of his enemies are normal people with a gimic, often some kind of eccentric mobster or bank robber types (even though they've tried to move away from those, it's the base element of many of his foes.) Hisguys are designed to fight a really smart human with gadgets.

New York is filled with villains that are designed to fight people like Spider-man, Iron Man, and Thor. With perhaps one or two exceptions, most of Gotham's enemies could move to NY and it wouldn't even make a blip in the crime statistics.

I can't think of a single time New York was leveled.
    Onslaught...World War Hulk...Fear Itself...Inferno...Xorneto...
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Bruce has an entire network of heroes at his side not to mention he can call any member of the League to help him at almost any time. In fact, there have been times where other heroes showed up in Gotham to help and Bruce turned them away.

BANNED

Anyone can clean up anything but comics have to be produced.

Stark hasn't really tried to stop crime in New York. He doesn't even live there most of the time. Stark operates on an international scale and mostly attempts to stop international Bond villain types when in superhero mode. When in civilian mode, he's mostly in a laboratory inventing stuff. He probably could stop all crime in New York if such a thing interested him, but then he wouldn't have time to stop The Mandarin from causing global destruction, or cloister himself in his laboratory inventing stuff.

The guys actually trying to stop crime in New York are mostly low-power, like Spider-Man and especially Daredevil. Spider-Man is too busy trying to make a living most of the time to do more than stop random muggers and bank robbers. Daredevil is very dedicated to stopping organized crime, but he's just an athlete with super-senses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    If Tony can beat the Mandarin. He could beat the Joker.
    He's not fighting the Mandarin or Joker. To clean up Gotham for good, he has to take on the writers and editors at DC.