Thread: Jla

All-New Member

Default Jla

Man ,anyone else pissed that nothing really is happening , other then Angst , and the Hero's being so weak? This has been done better in " Justice" by Ross. Really , Aguaman and Wonder Woman are scared ? John Jonn's get his mind taken over? The Greatest Telepath? ,by the Joker? AND do any of you Comic Book fans see the similarity between the FF #1 last page and the recent JLA's Last Page?!?!

Astonishing Member

I saw an interview on comicstorian with the writer, really fleshed out the thinking, but ill be honest, I'm not really impressed so far, I'm only up to issue 4, I heard things pick up in 6, but the very idea being explored, this thing from the source and the idea of justice vs doom, I'm actually quite board already

Why I'm 2 issues behind, I feel no rush to read it

Non of the team have given me a wow moment yet, and the doom patrol, Luther aside really don't interest me

These other forces at play, like the slow force, I find a bit of mythos add ons

But that said

What the interview said was planned for the future I did like the idea of

Can't say I agree. I've been utterly entertained by Justice League so far. I love the high concept tomfoolery Snyder is playing with; it's very Morrison-ian, but dumbed down to a level where mere mortals don't have to go through multiple readings and enough research to write a thesis paper to understand. I adore the roster; perhaps my favorite League roster ever! The art is beyond reproach. And Snyder still manages to squeeze in a few fun character moments amid all the crazy end-of-all-that-is action.

Yeah, Diana and Arthur are scared. Why wouldn't they be? They broke the multiverse and horrible, unknown things are spilling into reality from a place we've never explored before. They broke the moon. They let Colu die. They only saved earth because they made a group of celestial beings go cannibal on one of their own kin. They've found out that the villains are one step ahead of them, using powers the League is only just now learning about, and have secret lairs hidden in places the League *should* have known about. Oh, and the League is losing most of the fights they get into. Yeah, they're scared. The whole League is. They should be.

And Joker controlling J'onn? He's piloting a shrunken-down ship reverse engineered from technology a million years beyond our own. I'm willing to buy that Lex and Joker's ships can latch onto the brain stem and control where the electrical signals from nerve clusters are sent and received. Even in a shape-shifter's brain. It's not like J'onn got out-telepathed; he literally got hacked. And it's not like he's immune to mind control in the first place.

If you're not enjoying JL, cool. Not every book is for everyone. But I haven't enjoyed the title this much since Morrison.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It is not for me at all, but I'm glad people are liking it.

I dug a lot of the Hitch run, especially the Legacy arc. I really wanted to see Chris Priest go a few more rounds.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-24-2018 at 07:27 AM.

i've read up to #5, and so far this book screams of being more enjoyable in a collected format.

it's entertaining, which is leaps and bounds above where the hitch run ever aspired to be.