Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

So, having read the first issue in my LCS... it's not too bad, and clearly it's ll be a bombastic run, that's for sure, but I felt the intro a little... weak, I want to see how Damage will deal with Task Force XL however. In a sense, it did its job, because I wanted to read more when the issue ended.

I liked it. The artwork is what pulled me in. Nice start.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It read like a michael bay movie. So if you enjoy that, you will like this. Personally a pass, but I can see the character gaining a audience.

BANNED

Damage #1 was a pretty good first issue. It definitely has me hooked. The art was great and the story was intriguing. I'm honestly looking forward to future issues of the series! The only complaint I have is that, when I finished reading it... I wanted MORE!!!!

Wasn’t able to pick up the issue as my LCS sold out. I guess that’s a good sign.

BANNED

BANNED

DAMAGE #4

Written by ROB VENDITTI • Art by CARY NORD • Cover by TONY S. DANIEL

Poison Ivy attacks a group of fieldworkers, forcing Ethan to choose between transforming into Damage and saving them—or protecting his own sanity! And will Colonel Jonas and her squad capture him before he discovers the truth about what he really is?

On sale APRIL 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It read like a michael bay movie. So if you enjoy that, you will like this. Personally a pass, but I can see the character gaining a audience.
    Yeah, and sometimes all we need is a Michael Bay movie

Fantastic Member

Cary Nord Damage preview art:
    Last edited by ross61; 01-23-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Wow Damage suddenly has a 28 inch waste and Ivy is all bones.

Really, REALLY, liked the first issue and was going to add this to my pull-list but the art change has kinda bummed me out.

I like Cary Nord's art. A Lot actually. Just not really what I want on this book. Daniel's art is great and really fits the book. and character. If they were going to change it out, I would have liked someone with a more...bombastic style. Nord would be better on almost any other book I buy.

I guess I'll just wait and see what it looks like.
    Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

Okay... did not expect the artist to leave so quickly and be replaced with another. Can we please get Paul Pelletier to be the ongoing artist for Damage? I feel his art would be far better suited.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Okay... did not expect the artist to leave so quickly and be replaced with another. Can we please get Paul Pelletier to be the ongoing artist for Damage? I feel his art would be far better suited.
    Cary Nord is more than suited for this title. Paul Pelletier would not do a Hulk-like book Damage and belongs on Titans

BANNED

Cary Nord is more than suited for this title. Paul Pelletier would not do a Hulk-like book Damage and belongs on Titans
    Until I see and read the issue he's working on, I'm not certain of that. It just seems like a drop in quality in terms of art, so while I respect your opinion I'm gonna have to disagree with you for now. I just feel like someone like Pelletier would have worked better after Tony Daniel's departure from the interior art.

Then again, Nord may just be on for this issue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Until I see and read the issue he's working on, I'm not certain of that. It just seems like a drop in quality in terms of art, so while I respect your opinion I'm gonna have to disagree with you for now. I just feel like someone like Pelletier would have worked better after Tony Daniel's departure from the interior art.

Then again, Nord may just be on for this issue.
    Tony Daniel is kinda an inferior artist to Cary Nord. He suffers from inability to draw feat and all of his faces look the same.