Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default A Soldier, A Man, and a Monster: Damage Appreciation Thread

A soldier...

A man...

A monster...

Ethan “Elvis” Avery just wanted to serve his country. Instead, he’s been changed into a monster!

Tasked as the government’s own living, breathing, ticking time bomb, Ethan retains no control when the monster takes over. Cheaper than a nuclear warhead and twice as effective, Ethan fights to rein in the damage he unleashes when the beast inside him springs free for one hour a day. With everyone around him in danger, Ethan struggles to contain the DAMAGE he inflicts on the DC Universe.

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 01-16-2018 at 11:25 AM.

BANNED

Damage #2 - February 2018 Solicitation

Damage can smash his way through a warzone, but can he smash his way through the Suicide Squad? Colonel Jonas takes on Amanda Waller in a race to see who can get to Damage first. And while Waller sends Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Parasite and Giganta to capture Damage by any means necessary, Colonel Jonas has her own wicked plan in play…

BANNED

Damage #3 - March 2018 Solicitation

Even the unstoppable power of Wonder Woman herself is tested by the destructive might of the monster unleashed from Ethan Avery’s transformation into Damage! But when the Amazon Princess wraps the brutal beast in her Lasso of Truth, it reveals more than either expected to find!

I’m really looking forward to this book. Marvel hasn’t produced a good Hulk book in years so hopefully this can fill the void. Actually the last great “Hulk” book was OMAC. That comic brilliantly captured the fun Silver Age Lee-Kirby vibe. I’m fascinated by Damage as it’s kind of a “What If” the super soldier serum turned Steve Rogers into the Hulk. Plus it looks like they’re gonna pit Damage against some of the heavy hitters of the DCU right away. Damage vs Grundy is worthy the price of admission. If that wasn’t good enough he goes head to head with Wonder Woman after that. There probably won’t be another Marvel/DC crossover in our lifetime as Disney and WB wouldn’t let their properties interact with one another. So this will have to do for now.

This also kind of reminds me of the Scott Snyder Superman story Unchained. Where the US military had a crazy powerful alien that they would unleash as a weapon of mass destruction.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-25-2017 at 02:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m really looking forward to this book. Marvel hasn’t produced a good Hulk book in years so hopefully this can fill the void. Actually the last great “Hulk” book was OMAC. That comic brilliantly captured the fun Silver Age Lee-Kirby vibe. I’m fascinated by Damage as it’s kind of a “What If” the super soldier serum turned Steve Rogers into the Hulk. Plus it looks like they’re gonna pit Damage against some of the heavy hitters of the DCU right away. Damage vs Grundy is worthy the price of admission. If that wasn’t good enough he goes head to head with Wonder Woman after that. There probably won’t be another Marvel/DC crossover in our lifetime as Disney and WB wouldn’t let their properties interact with one another. So this will have to do for now.

This also kind of reminds me of the Scott Snyder Superman story Unchained. Where the US military had a crazy powerful alien that they would unleash as a weapon of mass destruction.
    The last, true Hulk comic I enjoyed was Greg Pak's Heart of the Monster arch and the brief Savage Hulk mini-series. So, yeah, it's been a very rough 7 years for us Hulk fans, as we've been given some pretty mediocre Hulk comics that haven't lived up to the potential. Good thing we'll be getting Damage until Hulk makes his return in March and hopefully into a new ongoing.

Also, Damage isn't just fighting Grundy, he's fighting the whole Suicide Squad. And not only will be be fighting Wonder Woman, but Damage is so powerful he'll be taking on the entire Justice League single-handily as revealed by Tony Daniel and Geoff Johns. I'm really looking forward to this series, especially where it will go with the duality of Ethan Avery and Damage. And I cannot help but wonder if what will happen if Damage is able to remain longer than a mere hour and actually take control?

And the character you're referring to from Superman: Unchained is Wraith. He was a cool, powerful new character that I really liked. I hope he gets brought back sometime in the future.