Default Justice League Dark #2 thoughts

Surprised there isnt already a Thread for this but I found it a Solid issue, I really like the new team, loved seeing Doctor Fate(s) and the Fate of DC You’s one. Also very interested to see what becomes of Swamp Thing’s retirement and I’m especially interested to find out more about what Constantine is up to

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Surprised there isnt already a Thread for this but I found it a Solid issue, I really like the new team, loved seeing Doctor Fate(s) and the Fate of DC You’s one. Also very interested to see what becomes of Swamp Thing’s retirement and I’m especially interested to find out more about what Constantine is up to
    yeah, the issue was great. Concerning Swamp Thing retirement, I've the got the feeling that DC is preparing Ivy to take his role : she's sent to Sanctuary, has already proven to be powerful enough to basically take control of the world, and in Damage the Green was actively trying to push her back toward her "kill all mammals" phase.

I also like how D.C. is making use of Nabu, as this Lord of Order who's decided that magic is now too chaotic and need to be purged, and the origin of his helmet, while it left me wondering if the Lords of Orders are just the first magicians or something else, was great.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Amazing issue. Tynion is killing it. The art is beautiful as well. So much happened in this issue.

Love the horror feel. You can really feel the dread and suspense. Very well written.

Book of the month for me by far.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Fantastic Member

I wasn't digging hair+beard Swamp Thing until that close up where they put a couple panels between his hair/beard. That was so nicely detailed and seemed very natural for the character and it finally just clicked for me. Not sure how I feel about Alec Holland retiring to the parliament of trees, but we'll see where that subplot goes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Wouldn't it be this thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...k+James+Tynion

On topic:

Great issue and felt partly rly like a Vertigo title(which is a good thing) instead of main DC, the part with Dr. Fate/Nabu was a bice surprise and the interactions of the team are gold. Not sure about Swamp Thing’s retirement though.

Yeah, it feels like Tynion not only has a story he wants to tell, but he paces it well as well and finds the right balance between background, plot, scope, and characterisation. The art conveys the horror and unsettling elements really well, with the different perspectives in the Tower of Fate. I just wish the artists were able to give Diana and Zatanna different faces, but that's something it seems many comic book artists struggle with.

Only thing I dislike is John Constantine turning up every now and again and utters cryptic phrases that seem more about foreshadowing things to the reader rather than natural conversation.

It was good. Not sure I like the Lords of Order having human origins but it’s not a breaking point for me. I’m happy Khalid is still around.

Random question, how does the whole Shazam mythos fit into this. Supposedly Shazam is Magic's champion, so where is he? (From a DC Universe point of view)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Random question, how does the whole Shazam mythos fit into this. Supposedly Shazam is Magic's champion, so where is he? (From a DC Universe point of view)
    Barely so far to be perfectly honest(and the Vertigo style of JLD also don't rly fits to the good Billy) and if DC goes even further to bring pre-52 stuff back could be Diana empowered by the original Gods(barring Zeus) again, but i could see guest apperances connected to Wonder Woman or due to the actual wizzard Shazam for Billy. The JLD are anyways far more the outcasts instead of champions of magic.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 08-23-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    John Constantine turning up every now and again and utters cryptic phrases that seem more about foreshadowing things to the reader rather than natural conversation.
    I feel John has a plan and knows more than we do about whats going on, and that his roles here are all going to connect- Right Now he feels like he wants on the team, but doesnt want to be on the team and cant pick a lane to stay in

Enjoyed the issue but so not impressed that Dr Fate is a villain and that with Kent back under the helm, he's already been benched and I'm guessing that Khalid will be Fate again... oh joy

But hey, willing to give Tynion a shot that it's the events from Dark Knights Metal and Kent will pull a swifty over Nabu again.
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 08-25-2018 at 02:04 AM.