Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

They really need to change Boomerang's Costume

Fantastic Member

I noticed that amazon already has the first trade listed for 9/25.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Holy ****! That punch's impact on the ground was something else ! Even the landing was brutal ! Damage was great in Suicide Squad this week, so I can't wait to see how he'll deal with Parasite, considering his powers...
    I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the issue brings and that impact was just awesome looking.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Holy ****! That punch's impact on the ground was something else ! Even the landing was brutal ! Damage was great in Suicide Squad this week, so I can't wait to see how he'll deal with Parasite, considering his powers...
    It's gonna be an incredible fight and issue. And I have a feeling that it's only to get bigger as time goes on. It won't be long before Damage is taking on the entire Justice League and pushing them to the limits.

Mighty Member

Sometimes I just like my comics to be entertaining and sometimes I like to see them reflecting current events if a good story can be wrapped around those events. The fact that Damage is the result of military experiments to create a living breathing super weapon needs to be a focal point of this book not which DCU hero or villain shows up this week. Damage as portrayed is closer to a villain but is in fact a victim of the process he volunteered for. This is the situation our military currently is trapped in because of a multi front engagement with no end in sight coming up on 20 or so years now. Damage doesn't have to be a flag waving anti war statement all the time but it shouldn't use a military theme as a easy way to hang it's narrative hat. I like to hear from vets about this because they know the real deal. The book as it stands is cool so far and I plan to follow it no matter what direction it takes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Sometimes I just like my comics to be entertaining and sometimes I like to see them reflecting current events if a good story can be wrapped around those events. The fact that Damage is the result of military experiments to create a living breathing super weapon needs to be a focal point of this book not which DCU hero or villain shows up this week. Damage as portrayed is closer to a villain but is in fact a victim of the process he volunteered for. This is the situation our military currently is trapped in because of a multi front engagement with no end in sight coming up on 20 or so years now. Damage doesn't have to be a flag waving anti war statement all the time but it shouldn't use a military theme as a easy way to hang it's narrative hat. I like to hear from vets about this because they know the real deal. The book as it stands is cool so far and I plan to follow it no matter what direction it takes.
    It just might be all of this and more. They seem to be a slow build for the character, allowing for growth and introspection. There are still many questions.

How did Damage come to be?

How was he created?

Why is he so powerful?

Why does Ethan only become Damage for an hour and not 24/7, and will it remain this way or will Ethan permanently become Damage or will he be able to transform any time and for longer periods of time?

Are Damage & Ethan two separate beings, or one in the same, or both of those (kind of like Bruce Banner and the Hulk)?

Many questions. All of which we'll probably learn/discover as the series progresses.

BANNED

May 2018 Damage Solicitations

DAMAGE #5

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI • Art by CLAYTON HENRY • Cover by TONY S. DANIEL and DANNY MIKI

“UNNATURAL DISASTER” part two! Ethan Avery’s journey to uncover the secrets of his power will have to wait—he’s got a brawl to survive first! If his alter ego, “Damage,” ever wants to make it out of Poison Ivy’s clutches alive, he’s going to have to fight an army of super-angry monkeys to do it. And Gorilla Grodd. That can’t be that hard, right? Remember, Damage—monkey see, monkey smash!

On sale MAY 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Well, I felt punched by Damage reading this issue, and it was a good thing. We've got ourselves a true monster, and I really like how he and Ethan are arguing and talking all the time. It makes for awesome covers also, like for Issue #5 above. I really like the dynamic between the two, how Damage is a beast in term of raw power (he toyed with the whole Task Force XL) and how there is also dark, deeper, issues at play (the strife between Jonas and Waller, etc.). A must read.

I’m really enjoying this book so far. They’re doing a good job of displaying his insane power levels. The only other person to overload the Parasite was All Star Superman and that was because his cells were literally exploding with power. His escape from Giganta was brutal. Something I’d expect to see in an Authority book from back in the day. Not a fan of Grundy jobbing out so easily. I was looking forward to seeing a version of Solomon Grundy vs The Hulk. A comic book battle that has been debated for years. Sadly that wasn’t the case. Oh well. Poor Grundy has been embarrassed a lot lately as Batman took him out with one hand a few months back.

BANNED

Well, I felt punched by Damage reading this issue, and it was a good thing. We've got ourselves a true monster, and I really like how he and Ethan are arguing and talking all the time. It makes for awesome covers also, like for Issue #5 above. I really like the dynamic between the two, how Damage is a beast in term of raw power (he toyed with the whole Task Force XL) and how there is also dark, deeper, issues at play (the strife between Jonas and Waller, etc.). A must read.
    Yes, Ethan/Damage is a true, genuine scary powerhouse. But what I find just as interesting is the dynamic the man and the monster have with one another. I cannot wait to see where it will go!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m really enjoying this book so far. They’re doing a good job of displaying his insane power levels. The only other person to overload the Parasite was All Star Superman and that was because his cells were literally exploding with power. His escape from Giganta was brutal. Something I’d expect to see in an Authority book from back in the day. Not a fan of Grundy jobbing out so easily. I was looking forward to seeing a version of Solomon Grundy vs The Hulk. A comic book battle that has been debated for years. Sadly that wasn’t the case. Oh well. Poor Grundy has been embarrassed a lot lately as Batman took him out with one hand a few months back.
    I'm also greatly enjoying the book. The power levels of Damage are frightening. Overloading Parasite, tearing through Giganta's hands, and viciously dominating Solomon Grundy and the rest of Task Force XL. I expected a bit more from Grundy, but it sadly wasn't to be. It does show how scary powerful Damage is, though.

I would not want to be Wonder Woman in the next issue, for I doubt she will be much of a threat to him. She'll most likely be on the defensive throughout the majority of the conflict, evading Damage's blows while trying to get some shots in while trying to survive. I know it's a battle she won't be winning, that's for certain.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I'm so glad I found this thread as I've been reading just about every post.

DC has Solomon Grundy, Doomsday, Swamp Thing, even Superman and some others I'm missing. But, I think this could be a decent answer to "who is DC's Hulk?" if done properly. My initial reaction to Damage is that he's a cross between Grundy, Hulk, and a clock (the one hour thing). I'm definitely interested and feel like I need to support this character. I think I'll check out a couple issues from the local comic store and if I like it, I may wait for the TPB to release.

Very cool!

And Sideways looks really neat as well. Still learning about these Dark Matter titles that I think was really smart for DC to expand with.

Does anyone think that Rex Tyler’s Miraclo could have something to do with Damage’s hour of power? Would be kind of an interesting way to tie the book into the eventual return of the JSA. Could also have something to do with the Doomsday Batman from Metal since this New Age of Heroes line is spinning out of that story. I just hope they have an cool way to explain his ridiculous power levels.

BANNED

Inked cover for Damage #6

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Does anyone think that Rex Tyler’s Miraclo could have something to do with Damage’s hour of power? Would be kind of an interesting way to tie the book into the eventual return of the JSA. Could also have something to do with the Doomsday Batman from Metal since this New Age of Heroes line is spinning out of that story. I just hope they have an cool way to explain his ridiculous power levels.
    A very astute guess, you're basically right on the money. Venditti confirms in this video that Damage is an extension of the Miraclo pill that gave Hourman his powers. The military got a hold of it, tried to weaponise it into something they could control and ended up with Damage. That's why Ethan's transformation into Damage only lasts an hour. It's at 5:28-624 of the video.

Mighty Member

Thanks for the link back here you are doing a great job with this thread. Sorry I lost contact with it. Still on board with Damage. I will continue to follow this thread for info and reaction. Seems to be getting good reaction so far.