Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Damage : A Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    I hope not. To me tying in Unknown to failed experiments derails the central premise of UnSo. His bandages were the result of disfigurement due to battle and a spin of sorts to All Quiet on the Western Front and A Badge of Honor among other war classics. As much as I often disagree with DC Dinosaurs who need to keep us religiously locked into decades of useless Canon this would undercut an important character in the DCU and the original intent of his creators. The fact that his quasi mystical appearances during times of strife would be a cool tie in with Damage for sure. Glad to see people are still liking this and buying it.
    Sorry that should have been Badqe of Courage.

Still really digging this book.

Just wish we could have Daniel back on art full time.
    Batman - Daredevil

So, can someone edit the title of the thread? You know, so "soldier" is spelled correctly?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, can someone edit the title of the thread? You know, so "soldier" is spelled correctly?
    Then again maybe getting solider is one of his powers and why the bullets bounce off?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think a mod needs to be asked. I keep saying I'll try and do so for a couple of Appreciation thread titles I know that need adjusting (this one and The Signal's), but I never find the time, and I'm not sure which one to ask.

DAMAGE #9
    •art by DIOGENES NEVES and TREVOR SCOTT
    •written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    •cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    •Talk about a brave and bold team-up: Damage has joined forces with a mysterious top military operative, and now the two are on the run from Colonel Jonas and her black-ops team. With his powers back up and running, there’s nothing to stop Damage from killing the woman who turned him into a monster—with the possible exception of one dark secret!

I'm really interested to see what they do with The Unknown Soldier in Damage's book and his dynamic with Ethan. I personally hope he takes on a mentor like role to him.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    I'm really interested to see what they do with The Unknown Soldier in Damage's book and his dynamic with Ethan. I personally hope he takes on a mentor like role to him.
    I always love it when they make strategic use of old and relatively "unknowns" in new stories, reintroducing them to the world and giving them new leases on life.

I think that it'll be one of the best point of the line :bringing back less well known characters alongside introducing new ones. By the way, what do you think of October solicits hinting heavily at Damage's own Abomination ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think that it'll be one of the best point of the line :bringing back less well known characters alongside introducing new ones. By the way, what do you think of October solicits hinting heavily at Damage's own Abomination ?
    I think it'll be fitting and look forward to how things play out. Especially if its that infernally jealous soldier from the first issue who was supremely disobedient.

Thinking about dropping it...

Art is not good and the opposition is pathetic.

Mighty Member

Default Damage : A Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Pooty View Post
    Thinking about dropping it...

Art is not good and the opposition is pathetic.
    . Try to stick around a little longer. I understand what you mean but the overall look of the book may be due to artist switch outs that have happened to a number of the other NAOH titles but the art is still superior to Alonso's art choices over at Marvel before he got the boot. I personally like the style myself. As far as opposition goes I found the Suicide Squad to be little more than an intro to Wallers character and Poison Ivy to be a clumsy tie in to Batman Dark Metal. Once these books are up and running without the Bat Baggage I think they all have great potential. We won't see this if they are cancelled. Overall I like Damage a lot.

any thoughts on the last 2 weeks issues - Issue 8 and the annual? I enjoyed both and think Loprestti is a good artist drawing Damage.