Default Tales of the Batman by Alan Brennert

Just making a quick pitch here for one of the greatest Batman writers ever but one that only wrote a handful of comics over 20 years.

This collection includes a lot of great Brave and the Bold stuff with Batman crossing over with his Earth-Two family of Robin and Huntress and Catwoman and it also includes the really wonderful main story in Detective Comics #500, which isn't available for purchase as a single issue on comixology.

It's on sale right now for $4.99 (down from $19.99) on comixology.

Here's the blurb in case I haven't convinced you of its merit yet

Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert
    Penning just a handful of comic tales over two decades, writer Alan Brennert was never a prolific contributor to the DC Universe. But to fans familiar with those iconic tales, Brennert ranks among the all-time greatest Batman authors. Primarily a writer of television and literary fiction, he wrote only nine stories for DC Comics, but all were instant classics. Largely taking place outside of the main DC continuity, in the realms of Elseworlds and Earth-Two, Brennert's comics are some of the most-thought provoking and insightful in the Dark Knight's history.

Also featuring art by industry legends Jim Aparo, Dick Giordano, Joe Staton, Norm Breyfogle and José Luis García-López, TALES OF THE BATMAN: ALAN BRENNERT brings together for the first time the complete works of a writer who has been a staple DC "Greatest Stories" collections for decades.

$4.99 at the link. I promise you'll thank me later....

https://www.comixology.com/Tales-of-...l-comic/389607

Absolutely! Definitely wrote some great tales for the Batman mythos!

BANNED

Holy Terror is great, the rest I'm not familiar with. Cool stuff

Extraordinary Member

Probably some of the best pre-Crisis Bronze Age stuff ever printed, imho.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Thanks for the heads up. Went ahead and bought it