Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default OK it's been TWO YEARS.where is ?

OK it's been two years now and WE the PEOPLE were told of a NEW JUSTICE SOCIETY and LEGION of SUPER HEROES instead were getting SIX 1.2.3.4.5.6.DARK MATTER TITLES.NO JSA.NO LSH.NO VIXEN ongoing either although it wasn't mention.however I personally would rather read a VIXEN ongoing then this SILENCER ongoing ijs.that being said how much longer do we have to wait for this.DC we want the what you said you would give us.

BANNED

I wasn't aware they had said anything about LoS. But anyway someone at DC apparently decided to tie it in to the tail-end of Doomsday Clock. So that stuff is going to happen three years later than it should have, and DC will have delayed making a lot of money and for no good reason.

Nobody should rush to blame that on Geoff Johns. Even if it were his idea, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were, someone higher up than Johns had to approve the idea. So it's really that person's fault.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-26-2017 at 09:23 AM.

The leading guess is that the JSA and Legion's returns are going to be tied-to Doomsday Clock since it's the culmination of the Rebirth storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The leading guess is that the JSA and Legion's returns are going to be tied-to Doomsday Clock since it's the culmination of the Rebirth storyline.
    Right. But it didn't have to be done that way.

Something I suggested a while back on another board was that besides bringing the JSA from the future to the present, DC should also bring LoS from the future to the present. And both changes should be permanent. That way those two teams would exist within the shared universe, making their comics easier to sell. Maybe that's what they'e doing.

But it all could have been done in the summer of 2016.

BANNED

As part of that discussion about LoS, I noted that the members would have to suffer a permanent memory wipe when they come to the present. Otherwise they'd know what was going to happen all the time.

Maybe they are waiting to see how well LoS is received on the Supergirl TV show. Like how they waited to see how well the Supergirl TV show would do before they launched a Supergirl comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    OK it's been two years now and WE the PEOPLE were told of a NEW JUSTICE SOCIETY and LEGION of SUPER HEROES instead were getting SIX 1.2.3.4.5.6.DARK MATTER TITLES.NO JSA.NO LSH.NO VIXEN ongoing either although it wasn't mention.however I personally would rather read a VIXEN ongoing then this SILENCER ongoing ijs.that being said how much longer do we have to wait for this.DC we want the what you said you would give us.
    There's a great deal of Superman being reworked in Rebirth. I can certainly understand that DC would want to have a defined Superman in place before reintroducing the Legion. Dealing with Saturn Girl being stuck in Arkham bouncing from Batbook to Batbook is incredibly frustrating, though. One would imagine the Legion would have had a better handle on visiting Kal by now, though.

As to the JSA, it's equally frustrating. I don't know what's been up with wally, nor do I really care. The Wally and Jay scene from the end of Crisis was recapped in the Rebirth Special. So there's got to be something with Jay going on. I read the Button and my cries of "Get on with it." are pretty frequent.

"Doomsday Clock" is supposed to be a Watchmen story with DC characters or at least that's what I've heard. Tying in the return of JSA or Legion to Watchmen would be a cheap gimmick. A special set of team-up one shots between them would be OK, but needing Manhattan or those guys to return franchises overplays the importance of Watchmen. It's not like there aren't a good dozen or more DCU characters who could do these things.

No JSA, no Legion, no FF. I am not a happy fanboy.

BANNED

I think the tie-in is about TIME. Doctor Manhattan is screwing around with time. I think that's how Johns is going to bring the JSA and the LoS to the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe they are waiting to see how well LoS is received on the Supergirl TV show. Like how they waited to see how well the Supergirl TV show would do before they launched a Supergirl comic book.
    And made Kara, minus the age, more like the TV version then the New52 version. Which I think is a good thing, as I don't think I would be able to stand a perpetually angsty and angry Supergirl.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Something I suggested a while back on another board was that besides bringing the JSA from the future to the present, DC should also bring LoS from the future to the present. And both changes should be permanent. That way those two teams would exist within the shared universe, making their comics easier to sell. Maybe that's what they'e doing.
    A large part of what I like about both of those properties is that they *aren't* tied up in the event-of-the-season, or filled with Batman guest-appearances. I'd really prefer that both the Legion and the Justice Society/All-Star Squadron remain firmly within their own richly realized settings, with their supporting characters and surroundings intact, just as I wouldn't want every Justice League member to be shoved into Gotham and forced to share that one city, with all mention of Metropolis, Themiscrya, Atlantis, etc. eliminated.

As for the timing, I'll hope for something better later, and not for something rushed out the door and crappy now. Having a title just for the sake of having a title, when no one at the company is raring to write such a title, and resulting in some weirdly-characterized mess that bastardizes, at best, the original tone of the book, is sometimes worse than having no title at all.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-26-2017 at 10:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A large part of what I like about both of those properties is that they *aren't* tied up in the event-of-the-season, or filled with Batman guest-appearances. I'd really prefer that both the Legion and the Justice Society/All-Star Squadron remain firmly within their own richly realized settings, with their supporting characters and surroundings intact, just as I wouldn't want every Justice League member to be shoved into Gotham and forced to share that one city, with all mention of Metropolis, Themiscrya, Atlantis, etc. eliminated.

As for the timing, I'll hope for something better later, and not for something rushed out the door and crappy now. Having a title just for the sake of having a title, when no one at the company is raring to write such a title, and resulting in some weirdly-characterized mess that bastardizes, at best, the original tone of the book, is sometimes worse than having no title at all.
    I understand your liking the JSA and the LoS in their own worlds, and I appreciate it. The problem is that the modern market doesn't respond well to DC and Marvel titles that operate outside the shared universes. DC is just adapting to a changed environment, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    OK it's been two years now . . .
    Well, not yet.
    The one-shot DC Universe: Rebirth didn't come out until May 25th, 2016.
    So it's only a little over a year-and-a-half so far.
    (But, yeah, I'm impatient / frustrated as well.)

We were told the JSA and LOH would return but we were not told when. Where they are now is apparently being played out in the DC universe. I would image when Doomsday Clock is over we will have our answer and the stage will be set for their return. As for Legion I think their last appearance in Justice League Unlimited (whatever it was called) is a place to start. It brought the Legion back as it should be and ignored the last Legion series ( and I do know Levitz setup the finally issue in a way the entire run can be ignored). I would like their adventures to be in the future not the present. If future history has not been changed by Nu52 then the Legion's knowledge of the past is incomplete because of the wasteland wars around the 23rd or 24th century as was revealed in both Legion of Super-Heroes and Hex. The JSA could work in the present as evident by their books before Nu52 started. The only problem is they would have to rebuild from the ground up as their history, accomplishments and legacy have been wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    As part of that discussion about LoS, I noted that the members would have to suffer a permanent memory wipe when they come to the present. Otherwise they'd know what was going to happen all the time.
    Historically, the Legion don't have a lot of specific information on events in the 21st Century. i believe there's been a few mentions of a Great Disaster that damaged information sometime in the thousand year intermission to prevent exactly this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Historically, the Legion don't have a lot of specific information on events in the 21st Century. i believe there's been a few mentions of a Great Disaster that damaged information sometime in the thousand year intermission to prevent exactly this issue.
    Also, its a thousand years in the future.

Do you know what was going on a thousand years ago? I mean, most of us probably know some broad stroke stuff but few details, if any. Its not like we could avert disaster if we traveled back in time through our intimate knowledge of history. Well, perhaps there's a history buff on these boards who knows enough.....but most of the Legion aren't history students.

Of course, there's the advancement of technology that makes recording history much more accurate and easy to store.....but again, Great Disaster. Data has to be stored somewhere and those things can be lost, damaged, and destroyed.

As for the JSA and LoSH, they're on their way. Did anyone actually think they'd show up before the finale of the Rebirth/Manhattan story? A story about time travel, hinting at the return of two teams from different points in the timeline.....no way they were ever coming back before the third Act.

Rebirth was supposed to take two years to run its course. If the JSA and Legion dont return until the end of Doomsday Clock they'll be a little late, but that's all it'll be.

Sure, they could've brought those teams back by now through some other narrative device and/or structure.....but there's no reason why that would've been a "better" option. Fanboy impatience isn't a reason to do anything, and with two IP's that struggle to sell, DC tying their returns into a huge, years-spanning megastory written by the biggest name writer they has access to is probably the most business-savvy way to do it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.