Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default ONGOING'S you would like to see at DC.

OK I'd like to see some people get their turn in the spotlight who have never had an ongoing series before my list would be as follow.

TROIA
    MERA I know she has a mini coming but she needs an regular ongoing series.
    MARY MARVEL she's always been part of the whole family but never an solo series
    GEO FORCE I love Byron and would love to see him in an series of his own.
    BRONZE TIGER marvel has the panther DC needs to explore what they can do with Ben Turner.
    GUARDIAN and BUMBLEBEE 2 of my favorite TITANS just wishful thinking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    MARY MARVEL she's always been part of the whole family but never an solo series
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/mary-marvel/4050-25309/

Not published by DC but she did have an ongoing.

While not a solo series, Mary Marvel was featured quite a bit in the Power Of Shazam series from the 90s.

The only characters that meet your criteria for me have already had series in the past . I am just waiting for them to return in rebirth.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 12-26-2017 at 09:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Mary Marvel also was featured quite a bit in the Power Of Shazam series from the 90s.
    They were just talking about solos, but yeah, Power of Shazam was a really good book.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    They were just talking about solos, but yeah, Power of Shazam was a really good book.
    True! Edited.....for lack of proof reading my comments as well. Yikes! At least It’s winter break

BANNED

For me, just JSA and a Flash team title. But they might want to try Shazam to coincide with the movie.

Anything else should be a recurring mini instead of an ongoing.

BANNED

I didn't know about LoS. If the team is going to be brought to the present permanently, then they should be tried out in an ongoing.

Justice Leagues
    Monthly series with a giant cast. Ten teams of 4 heroes relative to the continental zone they patrol. Features Stormwatch, Milestone, Teshkeel, and other heroes. Stationed and deployed via three geosynchronous satellite bases.

Superboy(s) starring Kon-El, perhaps with Jon Kent, but certainly with Krypto. Let's also bring back some of Kon's supporting cast, from Hawaii, Cadmus, the Wild Lands, Smallville or all four. I'd even love to see the Ravers again. But life is not complete without Simon Valentine and his parasite frogs!

Legion of Super-Heroes, perhaps with Superboy and ... preceding the name. Let DC choose whether it's Kal-El or Kon-El. The DCU just isn't complete without its future.

Justice Society, a multi-generational—and this time international—group.

Young Justice, with just the traditional four and a few additions, like Bunker and Ravager. They could operate like a junior arm of the Justice League, as they do in the TV series, doing "black ops" for them.

Also, DC. How long have you guys been talking about a Shazam series and not delivering? Let's seem love for them!
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Also, DC. How long have you guys been talking about a Shazam series and not delivering? Let's seem love for them!
    It's a bizarre negative speed race between Marvel and Miracleman and DC and Shazam. Who's actually going to publish a series first?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Cassandra Cain (titled Batgirl or something other than Orphan)
    Spoiler (rather see her as Batgirl though)
    Tim Drake
    Wally West
    Orion

Can't really think right now, but that would be a good start
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Superboy(s) starring Kon-El, perhaps with Jon Kent, but certainly with Krypto. Let's also bring back some of Kon's supporting cast, from Hawaii, Cadmus, the Wild Lands, Smallville or all four. I'd even love to see the Ravers again. But life is not complete without Simon Valentine and his parasite frogs!

Legion of Super-Heroes, perhaps with Superboy and ... preceding the name. Let DC choose whether it's Kal-El or Kon-El. The DCU just isn't complete without its future.

Justice Society, a multi-generational—and this time international—group.

Young Justice, with just the traditional four and a few additions, like Bunker and Ravager. They could operate like a junior arm of the Justice League, as they do in the TV series, doing "black ops" for them.

Depending on the creative team, I would put down money for a teenage time-traveling Kal-El & the Legion.

I like that Kal was the original teen hero, and time-traveling super-hero (predating Doctor Who).

Funny enough, both Kal & Brainiac-5 predates Doctor Who.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love to see DC step out on a limb with six or so of their existing properties and give them as much fanfare as they are giving the "New Age of Heroes" books they are promoting out the wazoo. Books like...
    Vixen...I have loved this character since I discovered her on the front cover of Action Comics #581 way back when. I truly would love to see what someone like Al Ewing, Ta-Nehisi Coats, Kelly Thompson...along with Kenneth Rocafort...I dont know...anyone really. There's so much story potential in this character that DC just doesn't seem to want to do much with.
    Power Girl. She wakes up from a bad dream thinking "what the F was I doing calling myself Supergirl for???" and we go from there. Yeah, this is even more unlikely to happen than the Vixen series, but it's my dream here. Kelly Thompson, Gail Simone or Peter David would be nice, someone with strong story telling ability as well as a good strong snark factor in their writing.
    Huntress...Helena Bertinelli. Get Tim Seeley back on the character and let him build her up in the Huntress identity. Sadly there's not much going on in the Birds of Prey book and this character could do nicely on her own I think.
    Elemental Woman...one of the FEW characters created for the New 52 that sparked any kind of interest in me at all. I would love to see DC do something more with her.
    And of course on top of these few characters I would love to see DC get their heads out of their collective arses and put together books for the Legion of Super Heroes, Justice Society of America and Young Justice.

If we're talking about characters who have never had their own ongoing, I'd like to see:
    -- Rebis (and/or Negative Man): s/he's been a staple of almost every Doom Patrol, but a solo could be amazing if it really explored what goes on in that composite mind and to see the characters have solo adventures and possibly even trying to build a "normal" life outside of the team.
    -- Claw (John Chan) : angry guy with a demon hand and a sword in modern times. 'nuff said.
    -- Saturn Girl: Telepath, one of the founders of the Legion. Currently trapped in the present. the DCU doesn't have a lot of prominent telepaths. Make her it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Depending on the creative team, I would put down money for a teenage time-traveling Kal-El & the Legion.

I like that Kal was the original teen hero, and time-traveling super-hero (predating Doctor Who).

Funny enough, both Kal & Brainiac-5 predates Doctor Who.
    Although I like Kal's Superboy solo stories well enough (particularly Bronze Age), I have a feeling that having teenage Kal-El with the Legion is the only way we'd get new stories of him. I suspect that, at best, we'll go back to the pre-Flashpoint "secret Superboy" career of young Clark in Smallville. And I doubt that has much story potential, unless it's paired in some way with modern-day stories. (I've always wondered what Jeff Lemire had planned, when he showed Superboy (Kon) meeting Superboy (Kal) on the last, "previews" page of Superboy v4 #1, way back in 2010. I would have loved to see that story.)

But yeah, I'd love to see a time-traveling Kal-El in the Legion, headlining it again in a way that would hopefully draw in new readers. Bring in Kara, Kon, and even Jon for occasional guest stars. But let's see a bit of young Clark learning the game of being a superhero, from a team inspired by his exploits. With plenty of focus on his teammates, of course. And some fun time-traveling, as well as galactic adventures.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.