Default Question about Rogue One Graphic Novel

I see that Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation has been released on the solicits thread.

Question???

Why is IDW publishing that and not Marvel?

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-star-w...el-adaptation/

All the Hardcover Graphic Novels I've bought so far in the last 2 years have come from Marvel.
    Do they not have exclusive rights?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Marvel actually did do a 6 part Rogue One adaptation series earlier this year.

Also (for an answer on why IDW is publishing some Star Wars stuff): https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-advent...ein-interview/

CBR: Let’s start with the Star Wars Adventures comics. How are your comics different from Marvel’s, and why are these comics with IDW?

Greg Goldstein: The former question is easier to answer in that we are doing the all-ages comics. Marvel has been doing some amazing, great Star Wars comics, some of the best Star Wars comics ever done, and they are really for the more mature Star Wars readers. I don’t mean adult with a capital A, but the storylines are sophisticated, they are PG-13, they are continuing stories, they are longer stories, and Disney/Lucas/Marvel, which is all one happy family, really wanted an all-ages version of Star Wars out there for younger readers.

We have had great success with the all-ages comics, whether it’s My Little Pony or Skylanders or what we’ve done on [Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles] Adventures, and so forth. We’ve done Disney classic titles with Disney, we have great relationships with all three companies, and already we are working with Marvel on the Star Wars Artist’s Editions and the [minicomics that come with IDW’s Fun Packs]. I don’t like to speak for another company, but Marvel especially wanted to focus on the more mature titles that fit in with the core kinds of superhero stories they tell, and there was room for somebody that has already got a lot of all-ages material, and somebody that they already trust to work in that world.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-26-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Marvel actually did do a 6 part Rogue One adaptation series earlier this year.

Also (for an answer on why IDW is publishing some Star Wars stuff): https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-advent...ein-interview/
    I guess I missed it. You think it will be a Hardcover eventually?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Looks like next year sometime (July 10th, if the date sticks).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-26-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)