Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman villain: how would you fix him/her: Genocide

How would you fix Genocide?

I like the look, it's very distinctive. Also, I have a good reason to want to see the character not only lose but get killed. Which is pretty impressive. The necromantic magic angle for her origin isn't bad either. The soil collection thing is weird and all but makes enough sense to get a pass. The only thing I'd actually change is making it so that it's vague as to whether it's ACTUALLY WW. Also... maybe not give Genocide the lasso?

An enemy created by Luthor, Circe, and Ras al-Ghul, using advanced tech, dark magic and the souls of people Wonder Woman killed in battle/inmates from Arkham Asylum, as a weapon to destroy Wonder Woman.

Alternatively, A monster created by Darkseid using clay and Apokolips tech to kill every hero on Earth or New Genesis.

Why not have genocide be some Frankenstein monster? Made of Amazons that were both killed outside world and on paradise island. The soul should be an important Amazon in the Wonder Woman universe. What if it's Mala or someone else?

Despite almost always loving Simone's work, Genocide didn't work for me. I love the build up to her (various Wonder Woman foes collecting soil from the sites of human suffering and atrocities), but the execution and design just didn't work for me.

Honestly, I'd rather see a revamp of Glop before Genocide.

I'm interested in reading everyone's ideas though to see if something resonates with me, because I've gone round and round in my head trying to get the character to work for me.

BANNED

I would just remove all the editorial interference.

What if Genocide was made up of die amazons they didn’t get rebirth or Diana’s die aunt plus Diana’s blood or flesh?

Play her up as a tragic figure. Something that can't feel love or happiness must be miserable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What if Genocide was made up of die amazons they didn’t get rebirth or Diana’s die aunt plus Diana’s blood or flesh?
    Making her/it more gruesome just ends up making her sillier.

New to Genocide. Is her whole point to give Diana a physical foe that can’t be reasoned with or appealed to?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    New to Genocide. Is her whole point to give Diana a physical foe that can’t be reasoned with or appealed to?
    I think her whole point was bringing back Knockout. And when editorial put the kibosh on that the character no longer had a point. Editorial failed to notice this and made Gail simone drag this nonsense out far longer than originally planned.

Couldn't Genocide be knockout but reborn? What was knockout's origin?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Couldn't Genocide be knockout but reborn? What was knockout's origin?
    Female Fury from Apokolips.

And the original idea was for Genocide to be a resurrected Knockout, presumably to put her back in the Secret Six, as herself, once the Genocide story was done. And editorial said "NO".

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Female Fury from Apokolips.

And the original idea was for Genocide to be a resurrected Knockout, presumably to put her back in the Secret Six, as herself, once the Genocide story was done. And editorial said "NO".
    Maybe we can you that. She is resurrected and becomes genocide. Maybe a mix of Furies and Amazons? Also, she did have a daughter. So maybe her daughter becomes devastation
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-03-2018 at 07:50 PM.

That would change Deva's origin for the worse I think :/