Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

So...

How many issues of my time did this arc waste?

What does Diana do in this arc?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

She rants, she makes speeches and then....she fails.

Okay, yes, she saved normal people while the big fight was going on.

Thing is, this is HER BOOK!! The JL should have been saving people while *SHE* was the big fight.

This whole thing was just terrible beginning to end.

I think the point of this arc was to lose. That’s why the darkseid story is still continuing until April or May probably. I can’t give a full opinion on his run because it’s incomplete. Darkseid is still on earth and he’s still on the run.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I do wonder how much notes geoff johns gave Robinson on this story, is this what he always intended when he made darkseid a baby?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Flipped through this real quick at the store. God, what a waste of time this was. I was right to drop this.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I do wonder how much notes geoff johns gave Robinson on this story, is this what he always intended when he made darkseid a baby?
    This is the only thing I think is worth talking about with regard to this run. What was the editorial intention? What were the notes given? Why, Johns?

Astonishing Member

Yeah this was just...a mess. I don't know how much of the mess was on Robinson, how much on editorial but it was a train wreck.

All I'm going to remember of this story was Diana looking like she was going to pop out of her outfit on two consecutive pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    .The only positive to come from this is that with Zeus dead we won't have to worry about him overshadowing Diana/Hippolyta (again, at least).
    No offense, but - really? Zeus will be back the instant a writer decides to use him, and they'll barely have to explain it. "He's a god! They're immortal!"

Ares and Apollo were killed - big moments! - and literally popped back into existence after Donna Troy took on the role of the Fates. They could only die (or stay dead), see, because the Fates were weak. As we were informed in that issue, and not before. (The Fates, however, did not pop back into existence.) The other characters barely shrugged at this occurrence.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

And, man!, the heroes lost big-time! They fell for the whole "you're bait to lure Zeus in," which worked out great for Darkseid. (Funny he didn't show up for Hercules or any of his other children.) Zeus died (for the moment), and accomplished nothing positive by his sacrifice. Darkseid is restored to his full power, and they didn't even manage to stop Grail!

"Today in Darkseid Comics: Darkseid takes on Zeus, while Zeus's children Jason and Diana look on and don't accomplish much. Darkseid kills Zeus and regains his full power. In the B-plot, the kids bond over their amazing, self-sacrificing father. They'll never forget this moment! Later, I imagine they'll tell their mom about it."
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Well another lackluster disappointing issue. I am now actually dreading reading this book each month. Sadly, as much as I want to read books about Diana of Themyscira, this isn’t the one for me. I’ll be watching for a creative change hopefully in the near future because I really want to support a character I love so much.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    So...

How many issues of my time did this arc waste?

What does Diana do in this arc?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

She rants, she makes speeches and then....she fails.

Okay, yes, she saved normal people while the big fight was going on.

Thing is, this is HER BOOK!! The JL should have been saving people while *SHE* was the big fight.

This whole thing was just terrible beginning to end.
    In my opinion, the JL shouldn't had even been there.

Amazing Member

This arc had such potential. It feels as if Robinson did not really want to write WW.
    Who is slated to take over the writing chores after this?

Um, am I incorrect in something?

During Darkseid War, Grail was fling Steve full of some evil energy or something because he was some.big key or the Chosen One because he was thought to be the first man on the Island ... But then we find out he wasn't, and that it was (retch) Diana's brother (the two don't really equate, but we'll go with that )

So then Jason is supposed to be the Chosen One, right? And then what did his existence even matter to this story? ...I mean, what the rolling hell was the point? He did nothing special. He was no key. He whined and lamely turncoated then turned back. I mean that was it.

So effing with Diana's origin was important enough for basically nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I don't care, all I saw was a weak issue that could have been epic. Not only did it end with Darkseid completely unscathed, he got an upgrade. Once again the Wonder Woman mythos were made a fool of to prop up the New Gods. It's Byrne killing off half of Themyscira, Amazons Attack and it's aftermath's desecration of Olympus all over again.
    I am so sick of how DC Comics editors treat the Olympians, and here's an example. If Zeus's defeat, by Darkseid, was a ruse, something that sets up a surprising finish to this story, with Zeus emerging as the eternal, cosmic force of nature that we know him to be, ..I applaud Robinson's skill, so far. If, however, that laughable, little comic book street brawl was it...very disappointed, right now.

What's worse is that there's about TWO issues worth of story, here, being stretched out over, what...five or six issues? It's Chazzarello, all over, again.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think Johns had any plans. It was just something he did in his story then moved on and other writers had to piece together what was left over.

Bummed to hear how many folks felt like this issue was a dud.