Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Kneel Before Darkseid! This is what this issue amounts to. His fight with Zeus his battle strategy his future plan his restoration his presence seemed to spin the narrative and carry the plot forward even when he is off panel. When such gods fight entire cities should be ruined or the skies should turn red due to the return of darkseid to full ascension instead he turned tail and ran! lol. A god who is literally a walking pantheon of Zeus and his brood in addition to his own omega might turns tail and run just because the league showed up. that is a poorly thought cop out to the battle between WW and DS. Its amazing what true sibling love can forgive as evident from their hug. they should at least have revealed that Jason had been ensorcelled through the AF or Omega force but he is never given a sufficiently cogent reason for being a dupe. WW seemed a mere passenger or narrator rather than the protagonist driving the story. What should have been a battle royal of gods and demigoddess clashing was reduced to entirely one sided slaughter of the Olympian deities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I am so sick of how DC Comics editors treat the Olympians, and here's an example. If Zeus's defeat, by Darkseid, was a ruse, something that sets up a surprising finish to this story, with Zeus emerging as the eternal, cosmic force of nature that we know him to be, ..I applaud Robinson's skill, so far. If, however, that laughable, little comic book street brawl was it...very disappointed, right now.

What's worse is that there's about TWO issues worth of story, here, being stretched out over, what...five or six issues? It's Chazzarello, all over, again.
    I don`t think Zeus was portraited as weak or laughabe, he was however outmaneuvered strategically. Nothing indicates he was overpowered directly but Darkseid`s gambit worked and stole his essence and when that was accomplished, he left because there was no reason for him to keep fighting. If you go back to the Hercules and Grail fight you will see that she same differences in their strategy were already planted. Hercules prefered a honorable head-on whereas Grail went for misterection.

Think of this arc as a sort of Empires Strikes Back. Diana can`t stop the threat but she learns about a long lost brother and more about her family I guess. The third arc is the one she fights back with what she`s learned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That was the quickest read ever and just as unsatisfying. It was terrible. Grail beat Hercules with ease, so how are we supposed to believe the novice he trained a few times had any chance against her?
    Well, he didn`t and in the Hercules and Grail fight you mention is not only patentially clear that Hercules is rusty from his reclusive decades but mirrowing the Zeus and Darkseid clash, their strategy was also different. Grail killed Hercules by using misderection, not head one. He wasn`t actually doing shabby on that.

Likewise neither did Diana, since she actually got licks in Grail whereas her brother was mostly a punching bag and tried to stop Darkseid.

Pure trash. I'm not only sorry for WW but for us, fans, who always hope for something good and always receive punches in the face as return.

This is seriously taking all my pleasure in participating in these forums. Since Rucka left (which feels like years ago) we can't enjoy a good discussion about a good issue. All we see is "how can we fix this" or "how would you bring back that character". No discussion about a good story whatsoever.

I'm sad and tired of DC's lack of care.

I found there to be far less to talk about during Rucka's run. At the very least things are happening and its following a narrative that makes some semblance of sense. I'll take this straightforward narrative with its flaws any day over an arc that's supposed to revamp the origin (again), only even the story doesn't know what and how its doing it. This may not be any all-time run or anything like that, but its not the massive waste of time The Lies was. I totally get not liking what's happening here, but we leave this arc knowing what happened and where things stand now. Which is more than can be said for Rucka's run.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-28-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

I did not enjoy Rucka's run at all, it had some serious pacing issues and I did not particularly care for Veronica Cale. Not to mention the continuity changes with the lies bit that was never explained. However, I had higher hopes for this run.

This one hasn't met my expectations either. Its had puzzling plot instances (Jason unnecessary heel-face turn), Robinson's penchant for weird dialogue, and it had two issues where Diana was virtually absent, and I'm never a fan of that. So it had more potential than the end result. But at the same time I don't think it leaves things in some dire state. But, to each their own there of course.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Pure trash. I'm not only sorry for WW but for us, fans, who always hope for something good and always receive punches in the face as return.

This is seriously taking all my pleasure in participating in these forums. Since Rucka left (which feels like years ago) we can't enjoy a good discussion about a good issue. All we see is "how can we fix this" or "how would you bring back that character". No discussion about a good story whatsoever.

I'm sad and tired of DC's lack of care.

Oh yeah, agreed with you. I dropped the title because I simply did not want to experience the mess this was tbh, not only this brings back the demigod origin that I hate, but Jason is one of the worst things that have happened to WW’s world. I wish the title was good though, because I don’t have anything more to grab from, and Gail’s WW/Conan is ending soon.

The art was pretty good, too bad there aren't any really cool panels I'd want to save...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

I guess it's time for Zola to get pregnant again.

I think I'm done with James Robinson's writing. I loved Leave It To Chance, Starman, and The Golden Age, but his writing has been on the suck train for so long that I think I'll just avoid it in the future.

This is reminding me of everything before and after Amazon's Attack. With the New Gods faking being the Olympians and them being strong enough to enslave them. BULL!
    Richard Alexander

I didn't collect this run, and am glad for it.

"Jason", from inception to execution, is wet garbage.

The ONLY thing I think is good about this run is that it gives Diana a clear relationship and animosity to the evil New Gods of Apokolips. It's not what I'd have done, because death-by-energy-blast is cliche, suggests the next step is revenge, and reduces gods to energy rather than intent, but the hero-villain bridge from Wonder Woman to Darkseid is now an expressway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I didn't collect this run, and am glad for it.

"Jason", from inception to execution, is wet garbage.

The ONLY thing I think is good about this run is that it gives Diana a clear relationship and animosity to the evil New Gods of Apokolips. It's not what I'd have done, because death-by-energy-blast is cliche, suggests the next step is revenge, and reduces gods to energy rather than intent, but the hero-villain bridge from Wonder Woman to Darkseid is now an expressway.
    It doesn't seem like there will be a arc where she tries to hunt darkseid down for the killings so it may be that it will be forgotten or retconned so that it will not reflect badly on diana if she doesn't avenge the death of her godly kin by killing/ getting rid of the evil of darkseid forever and it may be for the best as a sequel to this train wreck would be something akin to spider men 2 where Zeus gets resurrected as a baby this time and Diana would be the one who will have to undertake a quest with Jason to make it possible and they will try to provide additional layers to his character and will once again be unsuccessful in doing so.

No chance it'll be retconned, and highly doubt it'll just be forgotten and left as is. This is obviously set up to bookend this run with proper fight between the two, barring any unforeseen creative changes. In fact the arc after Swan's Song, Amazons Attacked, suggests in the solicit that it could be the point Darkseid shows up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No chance it'll be retconned, and highly doubt it'll just be forgotten and left as is. This is obviously set up to bookend this run with proper fight between the two, barring any unforeseen creative changes. In fact the arc after Swan's Song, Amazons Attacked, suggests in the solicit that it could be the point Darkseid shows up again.
    The impression I got is that this whole arc was simply to (a) get rid of old gods and (b) put Darkseid back in power.

Otherwise, I think it will be forgotten, just as Diana's past history with Darkseid was left by the wayside.