Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    ....Sigh.

I really enjoyed the art, at least.

It's just... so bad. Why did Zeus only choose to save Diana and not any of his other kids? We all knew Zeus was going to die so Darkseid would be re-empowered. Jason turning on Grail so quickly was just bizarre. And Diana really didn't get to do anything but watch things unfold in her own series.

Robinson said he thought Grail would make a great archnemesis for Wonder Woman. What the heck has she literally done this entire time?

The only positive to come from this is that with Zeus dead we won't have to worry about him overshadowing Diana/Hippolyta (again, at least).
    Yes.

Kinda boring. Zeus sucks letting his kids die. Diana doesn't even seem to care about that.

Shame Jason didn't die too.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Well, he didn`t and in the Hercules and Grail fight you mention is not only patentially clear that Hercules is rusty from his reclusive decades but mirrowing the Zeus and Darkseid clash, their strategy was also different. Grail killed Hercules by using misderection, not head one. He wasn`t actually doing shabby on that.

Likewise neither did Diana, since she actually got licks in Grail whereas her brother was mostly a punching bag and tried to stop Darkseid.
    Was it 2 panels of the book? 3? I finished it 2 minutes ago and can't even remember.

Tried to stop is just another way of saying failed to stop. And if we thought Hercules was nerfed in the first part of the story, he is completely humiliated here with a dempowered water bender stalemating the enemy that killed Herc easily.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I think the crux of the matter is: misderection got nothing to do with power or status. Even in Mythology. Baby Hermes made adult Gods fools in plenty of pranks. It`s about cunning and strategy and being DC we all knew who would pull the cunning aspect between these two.
    So Zeus knows DS is draining God power from his kids and never even considers that's what's happening here too?

That just makes him stupid as well as selfish and indolent. Not three things I want in a parent for Wonder Woman.

Fantastic Member

lol...I could not agree more..to say the very least, her daughter Athena could have advised him. And Zeus just stood there and let Darkseid drain him? He could have used the power Darkseid wanted from him and crushed him instead or to say the very least teleport himself away. He is a god that can pretty much do anything ..lol..even Diana took longer to drain. As I've said, if Darkseid maybe got some special artifact and surprised Zeus I could see how he could have lost.

TT

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Should we expect a Zeus special issue for Father's Day?

Extraordinary Member

No seriously, this is just rubbish. If Darkseid can drain the energy from any god, why hasn't he done it before? Might have saved him a few Kryptonian ass-woopings, to say the least.

Oh, that reminds me - thank you Mr Robinson for actually pointing on the page that we have yet to see a story where Diana lays the smack down on DS the way Superman has, and right before he shows up too. Even when he only appears in two panels and doesn't say anything, Superman still subverts Wonder Woman's importance to the story. Diana standing there telling him she is going to give him a beating doesn't sound impressive - more like the empty threats of a little girl out of her depth.

All in all I give this issue a 4 out of 10, and the whole story a 5. It didn't hold my attention and merit rereading, it was largely predictable, had one issue where Diana was a guest star, and the climax...well, wasn't.

Zeus was more impressive in the movie, and that's as a dead guy appearing in a 60 second flashback.

I don't recall Superman being mentioned by name once. This issue doesn't refer to anything about him and his personal history with Darkseid (whatever it may or may not be in this continuity), nor anyone else's. Thus the narrative does absolutely zero to reasonably allow the reader to draw any comparison to Superman. Its one thing to not like that its been confirmed that to date she's never had a one-on-one with the villain. But that the idea that this little nugget of information even slightly correlates on any narrative level to a brief and unspoken cameo of Superman along with the rest of the League that actually reflects negatively on Diana is absolutely baffling.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-05-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Default Agree

There should be a mini-series wherein all of the Titans, Olympians, Demi-Gods, and mythological creatures of Olympus pays a little visit to Apokalips. Indeed, Zeus was more impressive in the movie, it just took one lightning bolt from him to separate the mother boxes.
    Terrible potrayal of WW god's ...not worthy of Olympian grandeur...lol

All in all I give this issue a 4 out of 10, and the whole story a 5. It didn't hold my attention and merit rereading, it was largely predictable, had one issue where Diana was a guest star, and the climax...well, wasn't.

Zeus was more impressive in the movie, and that's as a dead guy appearing in a 60 second flashback.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    There should be a mini-series wherein all of the Titans, Olympians, Demi-Gods, and mythological creatures of Olympus pays a little visit to Apokalips. Indeed, Zeus was more impressive in the movie, it just took one lightning bolt from him to separate the mother boxes.
    Terrible potrayal of WW god's ...not worthy of Olympian grandeur...lol
    This is exactly what should happen and we'll probably never see it. From Azz's run, Hera and Highfather are on good terms, so I could see her working that angle too in order to get some of the New Gods involved.

Also, if Zeus is gone for good, I'm up for Hera dating Highfather. Izaya and Hera deserve some love too and it might be an interesting way to increase the scope of the New Gods.

Fantastic Member

lol..that would be a great elsewhere issue.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

On Darkseid and Zeus battling it out in my city Manila, Philippines:

Esquire Philippines wrote an article explaining that "the idea to set their battle in Metro Manila came from the issue’s writer, James Robinson. Fajardo says that Robinson left it up to them to litter the battle with references."

https://www.esquiremag.ph/culture/ar...00207-20180105

Colorist Fajardo is interviewed here, in Filipino.

And yes, I am very familiar with that street intersection!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES