Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Oh Bendis, even on the way out the door you stick two fingers up at other people's stories and established continuity, while making sure to self glorify.

And your editor let you.

Please, please, dont let the door hit you on the way out.
    It's the second time he's done this to Ewing. Remember when Eternity just randomly showed up in CWII when he was supposed to be IN CHAINS over at Ultimates? I could give him the benefit of the doubt because, hey, maybe he didn't know what was going on in other titles, but what are the editors' excuses? It's literally their JOBS to tell him about this kind of stuff.

Change the title pls, I thought this was about the movie and not the comic

Luckily my back button skills are on point.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Not my fault, sorry. The title was originally different, but a mod changed the title when merging two threads. I already tried editing to fix the error (it should be Spider-Men, not Spider-Man) but it didn't work, must only be doable by a mod.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's the second time he's done this to Ewing. Remember when Eternity just randomly showed up in CWII when he was supposed to be IN CHAINS over at Ultimates? I could give him the benefit of the doubt because, hey, maybe he didn't know what was going on in other titles, but what are the editors' excuses? It's literally their JOBS to tell him about this kind of stuff.
    Been saying this for years. Bendis just does what Bendis wants.

At least at DC they reboot constantly every 5 years, so he can do what he likes
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    When is Bendisverse going to end? His blatant disrespect for every other author and the history of the whole Marvel Universe needs to stop as soon as possible.

Go to DC and never come back Bendis.
    It’s an interesting point you make about “Bendisverse”.

Once Bendis started writing in the 616, he basically set the precedent from Secret War - Avengers Disassembled - New Avengers - HOM. Everybody followed Bendis’ lead from then on, about how the MU progresses, and didn’t stop till now, supposedly. I will be interested if Marvel does away with any of the guideline Bendis mentality groundwork of the past. Can we ignore the 198 now? Can Marvel dispense with any CW angst remnance left over between Steve and Tony? Can Nick Fury senior return as head of SHIELD? (Although I give Mark Millar credit for Steve and Tony’s feud in CW, Bendis did collaborate with Millar at the start of CW, so the Bendis infection was not immune in CW by this time).
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-10-2018 at 09:36 PM.

why did he have to use Taskmaster?

Just to repeat my feelings from another thread. The 1610 isn't back, this is just Bendis waving a fond farewell to his early days at Marvel? If we ever see this universe again which I doubt, they will make it clear that it isn't the 1610.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Just to repeat my feelings from another thread. The 1610 isn't back, this is just Bendis waving a fond farewell to his early days at Marvel? If we ever see this universe again which I doubt, they will make it clear that it isn't the 1610.
    I'm not sure if you actually understand how canon serialized storytelling works, but as long as nothing comes along telling otherwise, 1610 is back. We don't get to decide what is canon and what isn't, the storytellers do/ That's obviously what happens on this book. I don't think we'll see anything about this in the foreseeable future, but yes, that reality is back. Maybe it'll be explored in the Exiles book.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I'm not sure if you actually understand how canon serialized storytelling works, but as long as nothing comes along telling otherwise, 1610 is back. We don't get to decide what is canon and what isn't, the storytellers do/ That's obviously what happens on this book. I don't think we'll see anything about this in the foreseeable future, but yes, that reality is back. Maybe it'll be explored in the Exiles book.
    This isn't canon this is just a few characters and a bit of nostalgia. It will be totally ignored by everyone. That is how canon works, whether anyone else, writing or editing, cares.

This would totally contradict about a dozen comics and more every month. So the editors will just handwave it. They will just say "it looked like the 1610 didn't it" and smile. Exactly the way they handled Bendis when he messed up continuity in Secret Wars itself during Ultimate End.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-11-2018 at 04:04 AM.

This isn't canon this is just a few characters and a bit of nostalgia. It will be totally ignored by everyone. That is how canon works, whether anyone else, writing or editing, cares.

This would totally contradict about a dozen comics and more every month. So the editors will just handwave it. They will just say "it looked like the 1610 didn't it" and smile. Exactly the way they handled Bendis when he messed up continuity in Secret Wars itself during Ultimate End.
    Well, let's agree to disagree. You don't get to interpret canon. It's not how this works.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

Well, let's agree to disagree. You don't get to interpret canon. It's not how this works.
    No the editors do. They wont allow the last few months to be messed up by this simple cameo of a few characters that don't make sense. Its a tribute nothing more.

No the editors do. They wont allow the last few months to be messed up by this simple cameo of a few characters that don't make sense. Its a tribute nothing more.
    What about the "last few months"? Reed and Susan are restoring the multiverse. The 1610 is alive and well. We will not be seeing them anytime soon though, probably. Miles from 616 is there. The end.
    Pull list:

What about the "last few months"? Reed and Susan are restoring the multiverse. The 1610 is alive and well. We will not be seeing them anytime soon though, probably. Miles from 616 is there. The end.
    If Marvel is done with Ultimate for the near future, I don't see how it'll mess up their plans to have it being established to have survived and be doing it's own thing "off screen."

On the other hand, I suspect that whether it is the Ultimate universe (or a divergent timeline/parallel universe of the Ultimate universe or whatever) will be up to the Marvel brass and writers. However, at the moment, there's no reason to discount the authorial intent, IMHO.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

The real question is now if they are going to do something with Ultimate university how will it fare without Miles now to put it on his shoulders and carry it?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    The real question is now if they are going to do something with Ultimate university how will it fare without Miles now to put it on his shoulders and carry it?
    It probably depends on what Marvel wants to do with the Universe now, if they intend to do anything at all.

I think something with Ultimate Peter would probably gain some momentum, especially if Marvel wants to have a younger Peter Parker in focus, but maybe not be as successful without Bendis.