Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Wow, loved this.

So many nods to Jean's history throughout this that I really appreciated. Definitely feel like Kitty and Beast know more about what's going on, but just aren't letting the others in on that just yet. It's bittersweet seeing Jean living this normal life, where Annie never died, and her parents are still around. Can't wait for more.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It's about the Horseman of Death. Banshee is a Horseman of Death.
    Or just death. Since jean was dead. Or a bit of both lol
    X-Men Forever

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Or just death. Since jean was dead. Or a bit of both lol
    I mean it's LITERALLY about the Horseman of Death in the page/scene after a Horseman of Death makes an appearance. It's about Sean, and it isn't even subtle.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Then you should like this...

The wind carrying the frisbee could have been accidental telekinesis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It's about the Horseman of Death. Banshee is a Horseman of Death.
    I think the villain of Red will be classic Apocalypse. Solicits talk about one of the worst enemies of the x-men returns, and of mutant vs mutant, so the big enemy has to be a mutant with mutant followers. It cant be Sublime (bacteria), or Cassandra Nova (if they ever use her again, the fact Ernst is Nova should be adressed, as in, the brainwiped mummudrai in the body of Stuff-the shi ar shapeshifter, Nova can still exist as a psychic ghost, and her real body was stolen iirc).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think the villain of Red will be classic Apocalypse. Solicits talk about one of the worst enemies of the x-men returns, and of mutant vs mutant, so the big enemy has to be a mutant with mutant followers. It cant be Sublime (bacteria), or Cassandra Nova (if they ever use her again, the fact Ernst is Nova should be adressed, as in, the brainwiped mummudrai in the body of Stuff-the shi ar shapeshifter, Nova can still exist as a psychic ghost, and her real body was stolen iirc).
    I could see it being Apocalypse, since in the film Apocalypse and Jean were shown as archnemeses, but also I think that it could be someone like Onslaught. All three of them are incredibly viable options for this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Not all have read every x comics. The references are actually helpful, even if the post wasnt directed to other posters, like me.
    Yes, the references are very helpful and I love the promotion of back issue reading, it’s the patronising and condescending “haven’t read ______, have you??” that I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of.

BANNED

"Annie is way better at frisbee than I will ever be. I hope she gets hit by a car."

lol

I mean, what would be the reasoning for such an idea? Drama is all well and good, but it should add to the story without being edgy just for the sake of edginess.

The only dark material that really needs to be added is that Jean was aware of the consequences of bathing in the D'Bari star and just didn't care in that moment.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 12-27-2017 at 06:34 PM.

I read this issue twice and I loved it. It definitely had a horror feel with the two kids in the beginning. I can't piece together that mystery, but I'm intrigued and I loved the links to Annie and her accident. But I do have a theory. I don't think Jean ever really "died." Maybe at the death at Magneto's hands the Phoenix gave her a choice and she just opted for a normal and ordinary life. In this "elsewhere" she's a waitress and the changing pictures show a graduation and her being with Scott. Maybe after all the X-Men and Phoenix drama she just wanted something normal. Annie owning the diner may be Jean's way of giving her something as a part of that normal life. Maybe her being Jean's boss is Jean's way of showing repentance/guilt for her death.

I think Annie knows something. She had to have seen the Phoenix flash in the sky and she was very dismissive about it. Does this loop back to the opening with the kids? Again, I'm super intrigued and I'm heading straight to the comic book shop after work next week.
    And as Cyclops is my FAVORITE CHARACTER EVER, i'm not even gonna comment on his appearance and what that may mean. I'm not waiting on his return. However, I do want some great twists and this and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I PRAY THIS STORY IS SOLID ALL THE WAY THROUGH AND MARVEL KEEPS THE MOMENTUM!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Yes, the references are very helpful and I love the promotion of back issue reading, it’s the patronising and condescending “haven’t read ______, have you??” that I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of.
    You have a point though I never felt that way especially knowing who ZNOP is. Even the poster that ZNOP replied to didn't feel that way.

But maybe you have to be more careful of how you say stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    "Annie is way better at frisbee than I will ever be. I hope she gets hit by a car."

lol

I mean, what would be the reasoning for such an idea? Drama is all well and good, but it should add to the story without being edgy just for the sake of edginess.

The only added dark material that really needs to be added is that Jean was aware of the consequences of bathing in the D'Bari star and just didn't care in that moment.
    you're the only one suggesting that jean pushed her on purpose.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Like Wanda Maximoff, Jean has always had a very dark subconscious.

BANNED

So decompressed.

BANNED

Good issue, but there's this LOL moment. Americans really don't know the metric system, huh?

This:

is not 1.6 metres above ground! LOL

I loved the issue. Like so many have said already, I loved all the nod's to Jean's history in the story. I am glad to see Jean back and I'm excited to learn more about what is going on. My idea is that Jean is in her afterlife and she, at the moment, doesn't remember that she is dead. This world she is in is about to burn away as she gets closer to resurrection. Jean will have to give up her normal life, her parents, her loved one, and everything she has to return to the main world. That will be her tragic story.