Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why was Banshee in Jean's segment? He seemed like an odd choice since they werent particularly close and he isnt dead last I heard.
    I think this is literally WHY.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Of course just about everyone in that segment is dead at the moment apart from Jean.

But why he is on Jean fake life?

What an eXceptional late X-Mas present!
    >I like this Rosenberg! More! He knows his history and clearly loves Jean and the X-Men. Just calling him Seamus Somethin' since writers kept spelling his last name differently and kept having him appear despite having died on panel at least twice? *slow clap* I don't remember Seamus stealing life forces, though.
    >I usually don't like Yu's more sketchy style but the inker and colourist did wonders for him here.
    >At least the kids aren't dead.
    >All those X-Men and no one connected Jean's home town with the locations of the strange energy and Rachel of all people being affected?
    >Beast's side eye at Kitty when Illyana rightly asks her to cut the BS and spit out the truth? You're on the road to redemption in my eyes, Hank.
    >Damn, the O5 are incompetent without Jeen. Thanks for saving them, Rogue. And Rosenberg either read the X-Men: The Chaos Engine prose trilogy or just looked up the info online about Rogue vs. Seamus Somethin'.
    >The synergies between this issue and what's going on right now in other X-books are fun. Rachel's in a coma. Again. Just like in X-Men: Gold right now. Jubilee's vampirism is also touched on in today's X-Men: Blue. Banshee also appears in today's X-Men: Blue.
    >Jean walks past a church with the message board proclaiming the coming of the Horseman of Death when she just left Banshee, a Horseman of Death, in the diner. Plus she's dead, and the coming Phoenix is a force of death (and rebirth).
    >I'm sad not-Scott and not-Sean's appearances were spoiled for me but that's luckily no big issue since they're both in a dream world. I highly doubt this will lead to their resurrections but it's fun to at least see some version of them.

Favourite Panels...
    Obviously Dead-Eye Reverse Speech Annie at the beginning.
    What are Gambit and Chamber looking at on that phone? And Old Man Logan drinks expensive faux-Starbucks coffee?
    p2.jpg
    Best thing Jubilee has ever done as a vampire.
    p3.jpg
    Love me some Domino!
    p4.jpg

I greatly enjoyed the issue! Can't wait for the next issue next year! :P
    Last edited by nx01a; 12-27-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineandDeadpool View Post
    Of course just about everyone in that segment is dead at the moment apart from Jean.
    No, I don't think Sean is dead. He's "still deciding."

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    My theory is that spoilers:
    Jean is in the White Hot Room or the Afterlife. Sean is there because he is currently in between life and death. It's meant to show that not EVERYTHING is as fake as it seems.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

No, I don't think Sean is dead. He's "still deciding."

Jean is in the White Hot Room or the Afterlife. Sean is there because he is currently in between life and death. It's meant to show that not EVERYTHING is as fake as it seems.
    end of spoilers
    That is what I thought, it creates some suspense. We know wolverine is up to something too

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Her fake life is taking on real Earth-616, this might be genuine Banshee checking out this Jean Grey that suddenly popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Her fake life is taking on real Earth-616, this might be genuine Banshee checking out this Jean Grey that suddenly popped up.
    Real Banshee is still affected by the Death Seed in an Avengers stasis chamber in their basement.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    What are Gambit and Chamber looking at on that phone? And Old Man Logan drinks expensive faux-Starbucks coffee?
    p2.jpg
    Wait...that's Gambit? That is the ugliest-ass Gamibt I've ever seen.

BANNED

end of spoilers
    This is CBR's theory.

spoilers:
    It makes sense if you think about the title, keep in mind the book is called Phoenix Resurrection and not Jean Grey: Resurrection. Cyclops was the Phoenix too during Avengers vs X-Men and if our theory about the Grey family is correct, they all had their own connection to the Phoenix via the White Hot Room. What if the Phoenix hasn’t just brought back Jean Grey, but everyone connected to the Phoenix? It already killed the time-displaced Jean Grey, but what could be its ultimate plan? While in the past it has been depicted as a force of nature, this is The Phoenix Force as a shrewd and cunning plotter, which is somehow even scarier.
    end of spoilers

https://www.cbr.com/phoenix-resurrec...yclops-return/

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Real Banshee is still affected by the Death Seed in an Avengers stasis chamber in their basement.
    if rosenberg came to retcon various remender plot points, i am here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    This is CBR's theory.

spoilers:
    It makes sense if you think about the title, keep in mind the book is called Phoenix Resurrection and not Jean Grey: Resurrection. Cyclops was the Phoenix too during Avengers vs X-Men and if our theory about the Grey family is correct, they all had their own connection to the Phoenix via the White Hot Room. What if the Phoenix hasn’t just brought back Jean Grey, but everyone connected to the Phoenix? It already killed the time-displaced Jean Grey, but what could be its ultimate plan? While in the past it has been depicted as a force of nature, this is The Phoenix Force as a shrewd and cunning plotter, which is somehow even scarier.
    end of spoilers

https://www.cbr.com/phoenix-resurrec...yclops-return/
    This only explains Scott and the Grey's. Not Annie or Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if rosenberg came to retcon various remender plot points, i am here for it.
    As am I! Bring back Sean... and hopefully have him redeem Emma while he's at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Wait...that's Gambit? That is the ugliest-ass Gamibt I've ever seen.
    Hobo Gambit is horrible.

BANNED

So, the villain in this thing is either Annie or Gladys, right? Gladys because WHO THE HELL IS GLADYS? Annie because we first see what appears to be a dead version of her as a child and then the first thing the adult Annie does is to try to make Jean and Gladys forget about the Phoenix they saw. Either Annie came back as a villain or some ******* is using her face and name to mess with Jean.

Since the White Hot Room is probably going to come up in the story it'll be interesting to see how it's interpreted because I'm pretty sure Jean and her fellow ghosts aren't there. The WHR can be disorienting since it's outside of time and space and can provide a window to the vast multi-verse, but a Phoenix host should be able to figure that out.

Also, Kitty and Hank's reluctance to discuss what they know is interesting. We know the top minds of Earth can track the Phoenix Force. They had to have known it was around, especially since Teen Jean was freaking out about it months ago.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 12-27-2017 at 01:50 PM.