Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    So, the villain in this thing is either Annie or Gladys, right? Gladys because WHO THE HELL IS GLADYS? Annie because we first see what appears to be a dead version of her as a child and then the first thing the adult Annie does is to try to make Jean and Gladys forget about the Phoenix they saw. Either Annie came back as a villain or some ******* is using her face and name to mess with Jean.
    annie being the villain would be poetic justice considering that jean pushed her into traffic all those years ago.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I agree that it is Annie or Gladys. One of them is the "Moira" type figure from Age of X.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    annie being the villain would be poetic justice considering that jean pushed her into traffic all those years ago.
    That would be neat, indeed. I don't think the villain is anyone we know, so that puts her in a good position to be the force behind this. I don't think it has anything to do with the Phoenix, but with someone either manipulating Jean's mind or reality itself. Being only in her mind would make sense with Scott's sudden appearance when she seems in such a turmoil (and the picture changing). Jean needs to be distracted, so who better than Scott to keep her mind from what might break the illusion? Of course, it will probably backfire. And we'll most likely still see the Phoenix as a major antagonist (someone needs to kill this dickead bird with a Galactus-sized fire extinguisher for a while).

Good issue but Wolverine defeating Psylocke, X-23, Domino, Sabretooth and Warpath was ridiculous.

BANNED

I wonder, where are the Avengers, Captain America, SHIELD and the Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I wonder, where are the Avengers, Captain America, SHIELD and the Iron Fist.
    they dont belong here

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Hobo Gambit is horrible.
    He looks like he's trying to be the Crow version of Sting

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think that Annie is the "villain," and is a stand-in for the Phoenix Force - or maybe even Madelyne Pryor or the Goblyn Force.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I think that Annie is the "villain," and is a stand-in for the Phoenix Force - or maybe even Madelyne Pryor or the Goblyn Force.
    I think thought the goblin force was exclusive to mutant X

they dont belong here
    He’s trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'm still betting on there being a sinister unnamed third party at play here. The Phoenix continuity of presentation is all over the place, but it does not do this kind of subtlty. It either takes what it wants or get rid of what it doesn't (see Jean Grey #10) and makes no qualms or apologies about any of it. And as many stories show, you can delay the Phoenix, but it will eventually get what it wants. I suspect the Phoenix coming now is to break Jean out of wherever she is.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I think thought the goblin force was exclusive to mutant X
    It hasn't been seen but there's no reason that it has to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I'm still betting on there being a sinister unnamed third party at play here. The Phoenix continuity of presentation is all over the place, but it does not do this kind of subtlty. It either takes what it wants or get rid of what it doesn't (see Jean Grey #10) and makes no qualms or apologies about any of it. And as many stories show, you can delay the Phoenix, but it will eventually get what it wants. I suspect the Phoenix coming now is to break Jean out of wherever she is.
    I could see this too, yea. I honestly hope the story surprises me.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

People I never expected to see again: Magneto's daughter Anya and Jean's first kill Annie.

As for Mont Saint Francis... Bless you, Rosenberg, for remembering X-Men #300! It was my first introduction to Jean as a powerhouse psionic, no Phoenix necessary. I like the 'in my dream' part especially in light of this dream world Jean is currently in. Perhaps Jean has put herself in this world and the Phoenix is here to wake her up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jean didn't push anyone into traffic, she and her friend were playing Frisbee with her friend when some maniac came around a bend without at full speed without slowing down and rimmed into a little girl, then drove off without stopping.

Anyways, I'm still pissed at Beast and Kitty for ignoring Teen Jean when she came to them for help about the Phoenix, it's their fault she's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    People I never expected to see again: Magneto's daughter Anya and Jean's first kill Annie.

As for Mont Saint Francis... Bless you, Rosenberg, for remembering X-Men #300! It was my first introduction to Jean as a powerhouse psionic, no Phoenix necessary. I like the 'in my dream' part especially in light of this dream world Jean is currently in. Perhaps Jean has put herself in this world and the Phoenix is here to wake her up.
    I agree with and love this so much. I hope it's Jeans powers that created the dream world and is causing the illusions around the world. Here's hoping she has to fuse with ghost Jean in time for the Phoenix return.