Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Good issue but Wolverine defeating Psylocke, X-23, Domino, Sabretooth and Warpath was ridiculous.
    That's modern Marvel for ya. I didn't care for that either, but it's OG Logan, so he's gotta beat everything.

Creed is being written like Pak's version over in Weapon X. I'm starting to hate that man. So his costume change makes even less sense in this context. I may have to stop reading here. Or selectively read chapters that Creed is not in, since he's not done well here either. He fell off fast when Bunn lost him. 2 and a half decent years was a record though.

Otherwise, interesting to see Jean back. Hell of a place for a cliffie, but still curious if it'll be the real Scott. Loved the little tussle with Rogue and her moment with the 05. Showing the noobs a seasoned X-fighter. All the fight scenes were good, EXCEPT Wolverine's. I usually am not big on it, but I did like the art style here. It added to the creepy factor, and be interesting to see who Gladys is. But be interesting to see how the new art style matches up with next chapter's events. This seemed more horror-like.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-27-2017 at 02:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    annie being the villain would be poetic justice considering that jean pushed her into traffic all those years ago.
    You've never read Bizarre Adventures Vol. 1 #27, huh?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-27-2017 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Link added.

Just had a thought: the running guess is that Jean isn't on the traditional physical plane right now since she's a presumed dead person surrounded by other presumed dead people (and Gladys), but she saw the firebird in the sky at what seemed to be the same time as the other X-Men did...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    People I never expected to see again: Magneto's daughter Anya and Jean's first kill Annie.

As for Mont Saint Francis... Bless you, Rosenberg, for remembering X-Men #300! It was my first introduction to Jean as a powerhouse psionic, no Phoenix necessary. I like the 'in my dream' part especially in light of this dream world Jean is currently in. Perhaps Jean has put herself in this world and the Phoenix is here to wake her up.
    I have always wanted to see the young Acolyte Neophyte join the school (although I guess he must be in his early 20s, similar age to Jubilee), because of Uncanny X-Men 300, and his trial in Avalon with Exodus as judge and Colossus as Lawyer (must have been UX 315 IIRC)
    Those are some of the few XMen issues I remember fondly from the 90s. I liked seeing Seamus in this issue.

to be honest it bothers me to see Scott refer to Seamus as lizardman. He is the same species as Scott. Not all mutants look like human supermodels.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You've never read Bizarre Adventures Vol. 1 #27, huh?
    i followed the link you posted, but unsure what you're hinting at

The first team made sense. Lots of veteran x-men. The last team made sense. Lots of veteran x-force people to do the dirty deeds. The second team. Rogue, brilliant selection. And then you add The 05? You have an auditorium FULL of x-men and you really choose the alt kids? Kitty...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Anyways, I'm still pissed at Beast and Kitty for ignoring Teen Jean when she came to them for help about the Phoenix, it's their fault she's dead.
    I never thought I'd say it, but if it's like that, Kitty and Beast are the heroes we deserve.
    Also, I'd really like to know what the **** they would do to stop the Phoenix from coming. Like anyone was successful during AvX, but sure, it's their fault for not trying to take down THE ENTITY WITH INFINITE POWER.

Gladys = Bova.
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I have always wanted to see the young Acolyte Neophyte join the school (although I guess he must be in his early 20s, similar age to Jubilee), because of Uncanny X-Men 300, and his trial in Avalon with Exodus as judge and Colossus as Lawyer (must have been UX 315 IIRC)
    Those are some of the few XMen issues I remember fondly from the 90s. I liked seeing Seamus in this issue.
    to be honest it bothers me to see Scott refer to Seamus as lizardman. He is the same species as Scott. Not all mutants look like human supermodels.
    Jean herself fell into the same trap. Even with her back slashed, Jean's still running talk.

Neophyte became a fully fledged Acolyte but kept the code name that means novice. Weird... but the others treat him like crap so I can get them not letting him get a real code name.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    The first team made sense. Lots of veteran x-men. The last team made sense. Lots of veteran x-force people to do the dirty deeds. The second team. Rogue, brilliant selection. And then you add The 05? You have an auditorium FULL of x-men and you really choose the alt kids? Kitty...
    LOL I was thinking the same thing. You have some inkling of an idea of what you could possibly be dealing with, but at the same time, have no clue what you could possibly dealing with. AND IN A ROOM FULL OF VETERAN X-MEN, you choose the time displaced freaking children. Gimme a break. They're not that important, Marvel.

Jean herself fell into the same trap. Even with her back slashed, Jean's still running talk.
    Probably picked it up from Wolverine. If someone is rude enough to hit you while you're back is turned in a fight you've earned a verbal dressing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    If I were to speculate a reason it had to do with sticking together teams who are used to working together and Rogue got babysitting duty. Kitty probably wanted regular X-Men back at the mansion just in case.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 12-27-2017 at 03:10 PM.

What are Gambit and Chamber looking at on that phone?
    Attachment 59985
    Tinder profiles. There is no other possibility.

Best thing Jubilee has ever done as a vampire.
    Attachment 59986
    Third best. Top two are still killing a 200-foot interdimensional dragon with a telephone pole and beating Logan to a pulp with his own motorcycle.

Love me some Domino!
    Attachment 59987
    Dom hasn’t run out of f*cks to give, she’s just never heard of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Gladys = Bova.

Neophyte became a fully fledged Acolyte but kept the code name that means novice. Weird... but the others treat him like crap so I can get them not letting him get a real code name.
    I think Catbeast must have been the "ugliest" less human looking well liked xmen.
    the divide between monster looking and human looking mutants should be explored more imo. some people must go crazy if they turn into a hideous monster at puberty by the xgene.

I really liked this issue btw. I am happy this is weekly, and I hope we get Banshee back too (I hope we get adult Scott back too, but I see that as almost impossible)

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    annie being the villain would be poetic justice considering that jean pushed her into traffic all those years ago.
    I always thought they should establish that she accidentally pushed Annie with her telekinesis.

Anyways, I don’t think there is a villain here. I think Jean’s rebirth itself is threatening the world. She is being reborn after being the all powerful White Phoenix of the Crown. She is so powerful that she is unknowingly creating psychic constructs of her memories that are leaking out to the physical world. I think her own mind has created the ideal world she is currently in. As she is being reborn the Phoenix will burn it away.

There was an X-Men First Class issue where Jean was having ambient dreaming and creating psychic constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    LOL I was thinking the same thing. You have some inkling of an idea of what you could possibly be dealing with, but at the same time, have no clue what you could possibly dealing with. AND IN A ROOM FULL OF VETERAN X-MEN, you choose the time displaced freaking children. Gimme a break. They're not that important, Marvel.
    I had the same thoughts.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Marvel is trying to push them as important. lol They'll be the new Inhumans, I suppose.